Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Please help with newbie pvp deck

Hy guys, sorry for my bad english. Please help me changing cards in my deck. For world, is weak, but I still can win. The problem is in online play. Thanks:

Hero:
    Nishaven

Allies:
    1 Dirk Saber
    1 Sandra Trueblade
    1 Lily Rosecult
    2 Kristoffer Wild
    1 Pwuen Bloodhelm
    1 Kurt Whitehelm
    2 Blake Wildrunner
    1 Raven Wildheart
    2 Twilight Herald
    1 Gaderi Barbarian
    1 Braxonorian Soldier
    1 Rider Of Ellos
    1 Growing Bog Dweller

Other Cards:
    2 Fireball
    1 Freezing Grip
    1 Poison Gas
    2 Lightning Strike
    1 Engulfing Flames
    2 Tome Of Knowledge
    1 Portal
    1 Arcane Burst
    1 Clinging Webs
    1 Campfire Stories
    1 Poor Quality
    2 Extra Sharp
    1 Violet Shunderstorm
    2 Dome Of Energy
    1 Electric Shock
    1 Voltar's Ring
    2 Rejuvenating Ritual
    1 Disrupt Aura
    1 Stoneskin

None Weapons
    Last edited by tahl.zero; 07-22-2014 at 04:28 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nishaven probably isnt the best hero choice for mage. I would recommend maija or eladwen
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks, i'm about this, but if i change hero, then i need change about 20-30 cards. What are the other cards that can change?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by oggtheman View Post
    Nishaven probably isnt the best hero choice for mage. I would recommend maija or eladwen
    I agree, for PvP you will need a different hero to be successful. Eladwen is a much easier hero in my opinion than Majiya since the best decks involve combinations and resource curving that new players might find difficult to master. Here is an Eladwen deck build to get you started, it is not perfected and won't win you any tournaments any time soon but a great starting place for a new player such as yourself tahl.zero:

Hero
    Eladwen Frostmire

Allies (19)
    x3 Fatebreak Familiar
    x2 Champion of Irum
    x4 Jasmine Rosecult
    x3 Fleet Footed Messenger
    x3 Aldon the Brave
    x3 Phoenix Urigon
    x2 Viska, The Scarlet Blade

Abilities (16)
    x2 Stoneskin
    x4 Fireball
    x2 Road Less Traveled
    x3 Lightning Strike
    x2 Transmogrification Curse
    x2 Ley Line Nexus

Items (4)
    x4 Tome of Knolwedge

39 Cards + Hero

You might be able to find other listed decks here on the forums. Some are probably better constructed than this one.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The biggest problem with your deck is that it is made entirely out of single and double copies of cards which prevents you from having a consistent game. As a new player it's nothing to feel bad about (we all started out the same way). Nishaven and Loest are probably the hardest two mages to use as a new player because of the SE cost of their abilities.

There are plenty of good decks posted for mages and some also have good write ups describing how to use them, you are unfortunately in that place where you need to save up to make a good deck. Another thing you can look into are decks for farming the AI to speed up ability to make a solid quick match deck.

Welcome to the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by highmystica View Post
    The biggest problem with your deck is that it is made entirely out of single and double copies of cards which prevents you from having a consistent game. As a new player it's nothing to feel bad about (we all started out the same way). Nishaven and Loest are probably the hardest two mages to use as a new player because of the SE cost of their abilities.

There are plenty of good decks posted for mages and some also have good write ups describing how to use them, you are unfortunately in that place where you need to save up to make a good deck. Another thing you can look into are decks for farming the AI to speed up ability to make a solid quick match deck.

Welcome to the game.
    Thanks highmystica, I have tried various different decks with nishaven, but always stuck with only one card in hand and hero life decreasing.
    Maybe the problem is the hero + strategy (attacking all the time) + ability with high cost.
    Then, what the hero that I can use with this strategy?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My advice would be to go into the deck editor and clear your whole deck. Pick a singular strategy and make sure you have 4 copies of the cards you think are important. Draw power is important so you need 4 Tomes of Knowledge, for example. Stick to a 40 card deck for consistency.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah top decking is a problem with your build right now. I tend to run something like 3 Tome of Knowledge and back them up with 3 Bad Santas. If you're looking for a cheaper option than Bad Santa you can run 3 Bazaars, you don't have to worry as much as you would with other heroes about sharing your draw with your opponent because mages have so much burn. Majiya *might* be as strong as Eldawen now with all the hasted allies shadow has. Raika's pretty fun but not as easy to play and Aramia is expensive to make a viable deck for someone just starting out. Without knowing what kind of budget you're working from it's kinda hard to give good advice what to buy. You also need more burn cards like what Alpha Predator suggested, and you might want to sneak in a couple Supernovas too in case your allies lose board control.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok the guys above have covered some great points, but a couple I might suggest.
    1) 4 x copies of a card in your deck means a better chance to draw it. If you like a card or find it effective use it x4!
    2) if your a Mage, max out those 4x burn cards! ( lightning strike, fireball, but nova can be 2-3)
    3) if Nish is your only hero, you want to control the board,w/o allies, so you can use your ability, get bigger health allies that could survive your ability. Or alot of small ones so you can rush the board after you nuke it!
    4) I'd switch hero's if I were you, just Nish is very difficult to win with.
    5) keep playing it's just plain fun to learn even if you don't win to much, you'll spot what works and what doesn't soon.

Welcome to the game!
    Welcome to the forums
    Never listen to Kip!
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nishaven is good but your deck needs a lot of work lol.
    A few tips on building a deck: (or deckbuilding101)
    1st, try to build a 39 cards + hero deck.
    2nd, make sure it has 8 draw engine in it.
    3rd, 4x key cards and opening hand needed cards.
    Hope that helps.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements