Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[SF][Skervox]Resource Hunter

After Bobby's suggestion on posting a decent Skervox deck, I decided to post my first deck here. It is the deck that I used for my streak in Skermania (an internal BP challenge). I only achieved 8 consecutive wins, but it looked very promising for more. It is quite straightforward to play as you will see.

So, this is the deck:

Skervox

Allies: 22
    4x Ironhide Karash
    3x Death Mage Thaddeus
    4x Voracious Arachnid
    4x Venomflame Archer
    3x Murderous Hulk
    4x Shadow Knight

Abilities: 13
    4x Poison Arrow
    4x Hunter’s Gambit
    3x Bounty Hunter
    2x Ley Line Nexus

Items: 8
    3x Anmor's Horn
    3x Wrath of the Forest
    2x Soul Seeker

Total: 43 + Hero

The plan is to flood the board with allies (most of them are low cost) and using Skervox ability to control it from there on. The key allies are Voracious Arachnid (lots of allies are expected to be killed boosting Arachnid's attack) and Venomflame Archer (a good synergy for Bounty Hunter). IK is the best 2cc drop imo and DMT is still a decent 3cc ally with a non-retaliated damage that can also deal with stealth. Murderous Hulk is one of my favorite 4cc Shadow allies with an incredible ability; he can also damage allies from "distance" and kill nearly-dead poisoned allies to boost my resources through Bounty Hunter. Last but not least is the SK with his impressive ability of either looping himself or "reviving" my other allies. Also, SK can get an advantage of surviving at least one turn if he is timed well with Skervox ability.

This built tries to get the best out of Bounty Hunter (another important card for this deck although you can still win without using it). Poison Arrow gives another boost on Bounty and helps to control the board and not waste your ability when your opponent has few allies on board.

The draw power is great with Gambit and WotF mainly for early game and Anmor's Horn for late, after having increased your resources with Bounty. I found that I sacced too frequently Bounty Hunter and Anmor's Horn so I cut the 4th copy in order to add 2x SS. You usually don't need these cards very early, especially Anmor so even 2 copies might be sufficient. The good thing is that with Anmor almost every card is useful, either by playing it or drawing from it through Anmor. Lastly, I have added 2 LLN because a high durability armor can really harm this deck because it is built around low attack allies.

Lets give an example of an optimum play imo (listed in order of significance):
    T2 IK/Gambit/Bounty Hunter
    T3 Venomflame/DMT/Arachnid
    T4 WotF/Hulk/ any 2x 2cc combo
    T5 Ability if lots of opposing allies or PA/Gambit + Arachnid

From T5 and on there is a lot of variety on how you can play this deck, but having set up the board early with two allies plus WotF makes the things much easier from there.

As my guildmates suggested, you can try replacing DMT or Hulk with few more fatties because with so many resources you can easily cast them and recycle them through SK.

Feel free to comment on it; I know that it is not the best tuned deck but gets the job done for most match ups.
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What do you do against solo decks??
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Index View Post
    What do you do against solo decks??
    Pray
    Gladly I haven't faced any except one Millstalker which was going pretty well but there was a sync error at some point.
    I guess my only way to deal with them is using SK loop and LLN at the right time.
    SoV would be a nice addition since you don't care about resources, but other than that I can't think a way to deal with solo decks without compromising the overall build.
    Greatness, Reborn

BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How do you deal with dakrath?
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks pretty good! Did you consider includig Bobcat, synergizing with Bounty Hunter and your PA or furthermore Net trap and/or Ricochet?

"Be polite; write diplomatically;
    even in a declaration of war one observes the
    rules of politeness."
    Otto von Bismarck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Buqs View Post
    How do you deal with dakrath?
    I never felt the need to tech for Dakrath (or Sandworm/Fortified Wisp). I haven't seen him played except of GB decks but even if it is, I don't think that he could be a big threat since by T7 I will probably have at least one Arachnid and SK on board and they are more than enough to kill him. The only issue is when a GB has a discarded Dakrath and he plays him by T4.
    If you are afraid of this situation then you can add 2x TPS for 1 PA and 1 Anmor's Horn.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bismarck View Post
    Looks pretty good! Did you consider includig Bobcat, synergizing with Bounty Hunter and your PA or furthermore Net trap and/or Ricochet?
    Actually I think that Hulk is better in this build as a 4cc ally. Skervox ability and PA can disable opposing allies so Bobcat's haste is not that essential. I prefer Hulk for his +1hp (survives supernova) and his ability allows him to deal 2x 2 dmg meaning he could kill two allies one the same turn.

From traps I believe that Decoy would be useful especially in order to protect Arachnid, but I couldn't find space for it.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You could have problems with undead builds with Grave Resistance. Problem with darkath if you are facing smart GB player is that he will wait a turn 5 to summon him from graveyard so he can clear the board or some of your allies with Super Nova or Fireball. Then you can't do anything about him.

I do remember winning once with DArkath on board entire game because opponent mill himself lol. After that Darkath loses his damage reduction.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i would sort of agree with Veles that there can be troublesome fatties your deck is not quite prepared to handle, as a long-time hunter player i would probably try to fit in 1-2 copies of The Perfect Shot

...other than that this seems to be a thought-through Skervox deck and i will be glad to try it out. thank you for sharing
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Haste builds especially zal will be extremely hard matchup. Skervox ability doesn't stall/prevent haste so you will take all damage to face before you can take these guys out. I used ricochet trap for haste/weapon counters

Skervox real problem is he requires too much stuff (like Logan) to be semi-reliable hero.
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!