Close

Threaded View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Buqs [SF] Frankenstein's Castle (Shadow Homunculus Guide)

image.jpg

INTRO:

FROM SHADOWERA WIKI:
    Homunculus is a tribe of allies in Shadow Era. They were introduced in Dark Prophecies, with further support in Shattered Fates. This type of ally are made up of creatures which have been artificially created by their specific faction (they have members on both the Human and Shadow sides). They seem to have a wide range of effects, some involving the graveyard, attachments, and attack/health increasing.
    As I look over the tribe in general and read the wiki about what the tribe is, I can't help but think of the Frankenstein monster. Essentially the tribe is using "pieces" from your hand and "parts" from graveyards to grow your allies. So far the tribe revolves on discarding from the hand and exiling from any graveyards to manipulate the board and receive 1 or more bonuses from doing so. The decks are more than likely going to be ally heavy and very reliant on items and attachments specifically, with a splash of support abilities here and there. Due to the potential heavy use of items to fuel the tribe flavor, I can't imagine there would be extra room for weapons to accompany the builds, so I think weapon based heroes are not going to pair as effectively. Originally during my PFG theorycrafting, I though the tribe should focus more on 1-2 elemental combat types, but having access to all the different types really makes me appreciate the Frankenstein approach of the tribe much more.

Draw for the Homunculus Tribe is going to be very important. While you have the ability to play with cards both from your hand and graveyards, these spots can often become very bare very quick minimizing the potential of the tribe. The shadow side of this tribe has an overall low cost being filled with a variety of allies with costs between 1-4cc. This is good because it can help keep your resources low while still being able to combo cards. This also opens opportunities for cards with cost for drawing to be very playable (Tok, Anti-matter). This would also mean future allies could have cost abilities (like Keldore/Death Collector) and not necessarily lose out on combo play opportunities.

Tribe should have some general strength against Discard, Recursion, Rush, while being generally weak to Item D, Wulven.

Usually all of my decks are very ally heavy so I'm naturally drawn to this tribe and I'm excited to see how they will "grow" with future sets.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Buqs; 07-21-2014 at 10:18 AM.
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!