Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Exclamation Views from 2 players in the same game - sync issues

So many sync issues in 2.85

Shrapnelfox viewing the opposing hero who is dead
    View from ShrapnelFox1.jpg

Shrapnelfox viewing the entire board
    View from ShrapnelFox2.jpg

Opponents view (virulentvibez), in which they still had 11 HP at the end of their turn.
    View from VirulentVibez.jpg

(Throughout the game variances were occurring - I.e. One player would see a trap trigger, the other player would have the trap sent directly to the grave. And yes - both of us could see different cards on the board at any one time)
    NOTE: Both of us see different cards on the top the deck in the screen shots

Unsurprising the game 'froze' when I killed the opponent. No sync error occurred however.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi. Thanks for reporting. Anyone else experienced this? I guess it depends on 2 people playing against themselves to properly detect it. There are definitely some display issues with attachments. The disparity in health is very strange.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Unfortunately it was likely one bug with a certain card that caused a sync error, and it all goes downhill from there. If you can't pinpoint the exact situation when a discrepancy occurred, then I probably won't be able to figure it out either even if watching the replay...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Ive had this happen a few times lately as well. One instance i was playing my friend in the same room. Just curious shrapnelfox did you do the damage that set him to 0 with BB's ability? I have only had it happen when either myself or my opponent was killed from a heroes ability damage. I also had it happen once when I ended my turn against my opponent when they were at 1 health and had Blood Frenzy equipped and it put them to 0 on their turn.

It seems to only happen from ability damage not combat damage when ive seen it so thats why Im curious to see if thats what happened here as well
    A1's Resident Smut Peddler
    Wulven Apprentice Finalist
    Betrayal4life 2-0 Cancer

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Unfortunately it was likely one bug with a certain card that caused a sync error, and it all goes downhill from there. If you can't pinpoint the exact situation when a discrepancy occurred, then I probably won't be able to figure it out either even if watching the replay...
    I found where it all "went down hill" (please ignore spelling - doing this very fast)
    VirulentVibez had the 'mystic oak' trap 'trigger' in her game when I attached 'For Xaoi!' to my Irina Swan
    - however it didn't trigger from my point view. Hence the attachment stuck and I was doing additional damage to VirulentVibez's hero
    While at the same time, a lesser amount of damage was being dealt to her hero, from her point of view.

So I'm guessing calculations are being done locally on players devices not solely on your servers for this to occur...