Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Meltdown help for newer players

So after having messed around with SE now for a couple years off and on in my spare time I decided to try and answer some of my own questions and pass along the info to newer players. This article will endeavor to point you in the right direction when it comes to grinding gold with the AI and then turning it into more with Meltdown in simple terms hopefully.

I started a test account to see what you can do in 2 weeks. 1 week (a few days really) for grinding gold and 1 week of Meltdown. Rather than make some confusing charts or trying to explain all the variables we will look at this as I said a 2 week test.

Week 1 -

Pick a Hero any Hero and start the AI grind - (plenty of guides in the forum as to the best and or fastest grind decks) I chose Victor since I wanted to have fun and see if it was easy with him as well. Vic let me explore the game more than just "Rush & Win" grind as I don't mind games lasting a while.

Then search for the link to enter your email for some free Crystals from Wulven while you can (thank you guys)

Do not spend hardly any of the gold you make from your wins and save your Shadow Crystals to buy Elemental decks to sell for more gold. The Elemental deck selling thing is well documented on the forums as well (each time nets you about $2500)

I spent more gold than I needed along the way to get Bobcats, Gambits, and Soul Seekers and even still by 9th level I had 11,205 (don't forget to log in for the daily free card and sell it even if not playing that day).

Week 2 (on to MD) -

Okay the first bit of advice for new players LEARN the game as well as you can but do not be discouraged by the 20 or so great Meltdown players who will constantly stomp you, you can still earn a good return if you loose a lot you just have to play all of your gold away (you earn 80 gold when you win so 5 wins is two free hands of MD). Some tips are, start early in the week and try to figure out who the top players are and try to play when less of them are playing. Someday maybe Wulven will see that they might want to change the way match-ups happen in MD if they want to keep newer players interested (for instance I watched 1 new player get stomped 4 times in a row by the same top player while there was over 20 people playing, probably not too fun for him) The last day of the MD week is the hardest so try to avoid it as well or bring your A game, this is when the great players try to take advantage of any new players on the field and reap the benefits, even if they don't need gold and prizes some just seem addicted to stomping. This is a good thing I suppose for it will challenge you to really play well.

So recap - start early in the week, try to play when there is more easy players, and try to avoid having to spend your last few 1000 on the last day of the week, you want to spend all your gold to get the best return. Win more!

I had a bad week in MD with some days winning lots and others getting stomped - the worst was the last day where I had a little over 4000 gold left to spend and wanted to spend it all with a very limited time window to play (plus I wanted to test my last day thing) and sure enough it was brutal as I think I won about 4 out of 20 with a 12 game loss streak my worst ever. Had to play same players multiple times 3 of them accounted for about 9 losses. I think there was about 6 games that were decided by t5 which can really turn some players off to a game - No offense meant to any of the Great players because they will teach you so much when they beat you (if the game lasts long enough that is) These great players are only doing what Wulven has provided in the MD system that pairs new players of low rank against great players of high rank with no mercy involved - Throw them to the LIONS!

I have done rather well a few times and got paid back much better than this week, now given that this was my worst week ever I still did fine in the end as far as this test was concerned. Lets say for instance my win/loss record was around 20/40 out of 60 which is pretty darn close to what it was - At the end of the week I got my in-game email notice of my standings and rewards:

19,579 gold and a Foil Frosted Urigon

So there it is a way to make a nice amount of gold even if you lost a lot of matches and get a cool foil playing against people instead of being bored stomping the AI (by the way if you find you can not stomp the AI every time you may need to work a little harder to get the mechanics down before playing MD) This can be a fun alternative to QM matches and a fantastic way to improve your skills at the game. I honestly believe more so than constructed as this will challenge you to think on the fly constantly from the moment you open your packs and start picking cards to your first sac of the game and all the way to the bitter sweet end.

That said you will need to learn how to pick cards and how to sac, when not to sac etc on your own (forums have a lot of help as well as players in game) so good luck pilots and remember "Don't let Meltdown cause you to melt down if you get stomped a lot, keep trying"

A big shout out to all the great MD players you know who you are, thank you for the challenge and the kind words from the ones who care - I hope to give you the challenge you seek! ~ Peace

SE test grind for MD.jpg
    Last edited by tafkad; 09-13-2014 at 12:10 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's time for a 2nd MD challenge week, I haven't used my alt much just been checking in grabbing chests and stopped selling cards once I hit 20K gold (only sold a few after previous week 1 MD earnings see above ^) and as it turns out since my last report I've been able to expand my collection with just chests to include a small Serena deck, AI worthy only. With a foil Serena and Black Garb no less, thank you chest Gods! pulled Gwen on day 1 too, ummm anyway, Week II MD challenge this time play 48 games cost = 9600 every game you win 80 gold refund - Goal : win at least half for 1920 refund. Mission results = 25-23 success. Payout 20098 + foil CoI - profit in gold = 10898 / in foils : cool / gained 1 level and 25 SC's that week too / learned a lot again.

So far : After 1 short week AI grind + 1 week MD + 2nd week MD - 31k gold at lvl 13 and enough cards to make 3 decks. 2 hunter decks that have gambits bobcats Soul Seeker all x4 and lots more hunter stuff available, even Aldon and Kris, and 1 AI only Serena deck. See you after I feel like another MD challenge week, til then take care!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Foil Serena and Black Garb! All I got was a stinking moonstalker...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    Foil Serena and Black Garb! All I got was a stinking moonstalker...
    Both times I was in top 50 I got A legend falls foil. Believe me, you are blessed :P
    IGN: A1 Flibber

signature IG message: "the game has already started"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fionn Maccumhail View Post
    Both times I was in top 50 I got A legend falls foil. Believe me, you are blessed :P
    Huh, that's what I got when I finished in top 50! Probably it is among the most common foils...
    BP Inactive member | IGN: SafOne