Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Loest, Savior of Layar V2.0 Decklist

Hi guys this is my second decklist, not a guide. You can take a look at my old guide on Loest. This is just a variation of the old one. But I think this serves better in quick matches.

I'm 273 rating with 22k score atm I haven't played in about a week since my last guide and decklist
    This is a newer and better version of the old deck
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....-and-Decklist)

Decklist:
    1x Loest, Savior of Layar

Allies:
    2x Erika Shadowhunter
    4x Aldon the Brave
    3x Priest of the Light
    2x Armored Sandworm
    2x Aeon Stormcaller
    2x Layarian Seductress
    4x Spirit Warden
    2x Viska, The Scarlet Blade
    2x Tenacious Buccaneer

Abilities and Items:
    2x Fireball
    1x Poison Gas
    2x Lightning Strike
    1x Engulfing Flames
    2x Tome of Knowledge
    4x Supernova
    1x Arcane Burst
    2x Dagger of Unmaking
    2x Meteor Shower
    2x Loest's Burden

GL everyone!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why buccaneer when you don't have any discard effects in your deck? Isn't it better to have some other 3cc like jasmine or priest of the light?
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    Why buccaneer when you don't have any discard effects in your deck? Isn't it better to have some other 3cc like jasmine or priest of the light?
    Ah but the beauty is to counter other decks while being consistent. For example a mill deck. It's the little details of every deck that makes the difference. If it's not a mill deck I just use bucanneer as a resource. This deck doesn't always play 3 drop allies anyways so doesn't really matter if there was 2 of them in there.

If a mill deck milled my buccaneer that just means I will be really ahead. Giving me space of board control and my percentage of winning increases by a lot.

Also this deck isn't about having 3 drop allies on the board or to use a bunch of allies to wack at their face. It's about control and playing big allies to obtain full value. Priest of light is only good early game which is why I have 3 in there. Jasmine is too slow. You want to use all your resource on cards each turn not on abilities, You already have 4 supernova to deal with small allies, so you don't need Jasmine ability to stall.

A lot of the time this deck tends to leave you at low health, but you'll still win. You can't imagine how many times I won the game below 5-10 health left. A couple even at 1-2 health.
    Last edited by dragon25xx; 07-18-2014 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Additional

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    Have a couple of tries with it and see if it works.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon25xx View Post
    Ah but the beauty is to counter other decks while being consistent. For example a mill deck. It's the little details of every deck that makes the difference. If it's not a mill deck I just use bucanneer as a resource. This deck doesn't always play 3 drop allies anyways so doesn't really matter if there was 2 of them in there.
    If I were teching at all, I'd rather tech for the common matchups, not the marginal Praxix. Besides, he doesn't even require specific hate to beat.

Still, I'm impressed you could reach 275 with a deck that has no draw, no focus and some underwhelming cards (Arcane Burst, Flames/Poison, Erika, Buccaneer, Burden).
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FDL View Post
    If I were teching at all, I'd rather tech for the common matchups, not the marginal Praxix. Besides, he doesn't even require specific hate to beat.

Still, I'm impressed you could reach 275 with a deck that has no draw, no focus and some underwhelming cards (Arcane Burst, Flames/Poison, Erika, Buccaneer, Burden).
    From a bird's eye view you see nothing significant, but from First person view you can see everything. All depends on the view of the perspective. Of course this deck is not an everything is self explanatory, easy no thinking deck. It requires a lot of thought and playing it more and more expands your insight of how to play with it and how to deal with certain situations.