Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Boris' band of misfits

Hey so I just started playing with Boris skullcrusher Yesterday. I'm a big fan of tribe themed decks. For example, my grave bone undead deck. I've been looking at the Yari's so I thought I'd try them out. And I was amazed. I don't think my deck is completely balanced but I have been doing alright with it. So I am posting it on here in hopes of getting some help and criticism from veteran warrior players.

Boris' band of misfits

Boris skullcrusher

Allies: 18
    4x yari spearman
    4x yari bladedancer
    3x yari marksman
    3x yari shieldbearer
    2x Xander, yari captain

Abilities: 19
    4x crippling blow
    2x rampage
    2x metal of the yari
    3x spiked bolas strike
    3x blood frenzy
    2x smashing blow
    3x treasured heirloom

Items: 5
    2x dragon's tooth
    3x the king's pride

41 cards total

Before I get into it I just want to make a note. If this looks like anyone's deck I apologize. I'm not a fan of copying decks and I am also very specific to tribe only decks . So keep that in mind as I explain the deck.
    Boris skullcrusher: I chose him because he seems to have good synergy with the Yari's themselves. With his creature destruction and Dragon's tooth combined. I have a pretty good chance of getting rid of problem allies.

Blood frenzy, rampage, and the metal of the yari: all of these seem to play very well together. Rampage with Boris's ability I am able to heal and make up for the damage I take from drawing two cards due to blood frenzy. Personally using the metal of the yari am able to keep most of my allies alive long enough to finish the game.

Crippling blow and spiked bolas strike: self-explanatory. The only thing I can say about them is that I only run three of spiked bolas strike simply because it cost 4 cc.

Treasured heirloom: felt the deck needed more draw then just blood frenzy. Not to mention the +1 to attack. It's only a three because I do not think I need 4 of them considering it's situational to where I have to have an ally on the board and have it killed to game my cards.

Smashing blow: as you notice there is only 2. I Feel this is the perfect number simply because most of the important armors; half of the amount in their deck will be discarded for resources . Some of the low-cost armors I'm not too concerned of . And by the time they have enough resources to play the armor that is dangerous should have a pretty good board presence.

Dragon's tooth: I only have two because I simply don't see the need for three. It costs 6cc to play and to be honest nearing the end game I should have enough Allies to successfully destroy any problem allies that they have.

The King's pride: I have three of these because I find myself discarding one in my first opening hand. Usually the second one gets destroyed by Layline Nexus, acid jet, etc... The third will finish the game.

Allies I will leave our self-explanatory. I wanted to have 18 allies total. Just feel that's a good number. They are all of the specific tribe. And seem to do well together. The only notable mention I think is the presence of 2 Xander, the yari captain. I just simply felt like one was not enough.

So there it is. The deck and explanation for the cards are use. I'm not saying it's perfect. I would like criticism and feedback from veteran warrior players.

in the Graveyard,Amongst the fallen blades
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would try to maximize blood frenzy to 4 considering it is the best draw of the game. With rampage and mettle if the yari. You should be able to regenerate quite easily. The treasures heir limbus a good idea but road less tracked would work better because what if one of your heirloomed allies gets crippled blow? Or zails hymn?, etc. To me it's a good trAde off. He'll of an ally deck btw
    Avenger Of The Fallen Blade,
    Warriors Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13
    Season 15 Ranking: 65
    Season 22 Ranking: 88

Blue Phoneix Guild Leader

JOIN THE MOST EPIC GUILD EVER: Warriors of The Blue Phoenix

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sorry for misspells iPhone corrects like horse crap
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was using a road less traveled and treasured heirloom two of each when I was testing to see which one would work better. Maybe I did not give a road less traveled enough of a chance. I will try three of those and take out the treasured heirloom to see how it works. Thanks for the tip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Anytime bro. It's just your running a lot of Aggro that's how I just feel about it
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would suggest using Irina, Guardian of the Swan. Although she's not a Yari, she works well if you've got some Yari Bladedancers + Xander on the board.... (One Bladedancer makes Irina's damage total up to 8, 2 bladedancer makes 12, and Xander makes it...lol, skip the count.)

BTW: King's Pride makes it a beast. So does Treasured Heirloom, and if you feel like adding it in instead of something, Legend Rises. (These work well with any cards though)
    Republic of Korea
    Leader of ROK

IGN: ROK Bluehell

I'm just a translator...-myself

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You know what, I never thought of her. I don't like the idea of using a legend rises and I am kind of partial to a road less traveled over treasured heirloom. What would you suggest taking out for irna if this was your deck?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous1 View Post
    You know what, I never thought of her. I don't like the idea of using a legend rises and I am kind of partial to a road less traveled over treasured heirloom. What would you suggest taking out for irna if this was your deck?
    The yari shield bearer
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviosablade View Post
    The yari shield bearer
    Seriously? I love this guy. Not to mention he is highly cost effective in late game. And his ability is very useful.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous1 View Post
    Seriously? I love this guy. Not to mention he is highly cost effective in late game. And his ability is very useful.
    Steadfast is handy but your trading defense for more firepower
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13