Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sideboadring

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Sideboadring

@Kyle, DT,

..is there any kind of plan for proper Side-boarding in this game (tournaments)? I would imagine something like:

a) first of all there would have to be an option to save your deck including a (say 10-cards) sideboard
    b) after entering the tournament players are given option to exchange cards between the main and side board*

* this should be similar to building your deck for a meltdown game, just give people 2 minutes for deck-tech and make sure there is no option to change deck/side (one you've saved before entering) once you've entered the tournament

i believe sideboarding, if not a must, is an extremely important 'feature' in tournament scene, especially with the automated-tourneys going live

@ALL,

please drop your sugestions here
    Last edited by 4Ak; 07-17-2014 at 10:06 AM.
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A sideboard is essential for tournament play.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    there should be an option also to lock and prevent sideboard, in tournamnets with deck lock
    Master of Puppets
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Check SE No 1 Guild

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree. With official automated tournaments there should be no room for foul play. And I love sideboarding tournaments to reduce the amount of luck involved and let skill rise to the top.

+1
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes please. Sideboarding is a very core part of many TCGs and it also adds another depth of strategy. You can do a lot of crazy shit with sideboarding.

Like in Yugioh, some Decks can do what is called smokescreen. In other words, the core heart and engine of the Deck is like 7-8 cards together. They keep in their Sideboard 7-8 cards that if you exchange them, would still make an effective Deck. In other words, you sideboard into an almost entirely different Deck with different strategy, making the opposing sideboard choices dead.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yes please!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't think sideboarding is essential for SE.

SE has unique sacrifice system that gives flexibility to your deck. You can put some tech cards into your deck and just sacrifice them if you don't need them.

And I think sideboarding will hurt some heroes such as Amber, Baduruu, Jericho, Praxix.
    Last edited by Mukuzin; 07-17-2014 at 12:56 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Mukuzin - side-boarding is a way how you can eliminate so called "auto-loss" matchups, you can have a very well built deck, but there can be a certain hero you will lose to no matter what, however given the option to add a few cards from your side-board (cards otherwise completely useless in your deck when playing against any other hero), you have at least a chance to win
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Ak View Post
    @Mukuzin - side-boarding is a way how you can eliminate so called "auto-loss" matchups, you can have a very well built deck, but there can be a certain hero you will lose to no matter what, however given the option to add a few cards from your side-board (cards otherwise completely useless in your deck when playing against any other hero), you have at least a chance to win
    You can just put that one or two "useless cards" (Sever ties for example) into your deck if you really worry about some strategic decks (Mills, Resource Burn, etc.). I think that's the main difference between QM decks and Tournament decks.

If you encountered ordinary deck. Just sacrifice them. What I worry about is that sideboarding can kill variety of stratigies.