Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

VESS and his swift Ravagers, 307 rating

Bmyers: 307 rating before SF (idled down from Shadow Era till SF came out, now im back in it and love the new set and all the updates )

Vess and his Ravagers > Ter Adun and his Ravagers. For now Vess is better than any hero really...(that is trying to use Ravagers)

Vess gives Ravagers speed Ter Adun just can't rival. I was like most of you guys trying ravagers with different hero's trying to find a fit, but just couldn't find one that gave the Ravagers the synergy they need to be used seriously, until Vess.

Okay, so here's the Base Deck as of now:

40 cards then hero for 41

Allies:18
    4x Spitfire hound
    4x Ravager Zealot
    4x Thriss Demolitionist
    3x Cleric of the Aysn
    3x Murderous Hulk

Abilities:15
    4x Crippling Blow
    4x Blood Frenzy
    4x Confluence of Fate
    3x Spiked Bolas Strike

Items:7
    4x Obelisk of Echoes
    3x Rock of Ages

This deck is very difficult to beat when BF and CF are dropped within the first 5 turns, because once the draw engine is established the deck/Ravagers have an answer for just about every situation. It might take a few games to get used to playing with them, but Ill give a couple strategical tips and some match up info vs other hero's.

Tips:
    1. 48% of the deck can be played T2 or sooner, but have the mindset of establishing or defending first. Example: Est.- T2 Rock of ages, or depending on hand dropping CF(normally you'll jus drop on T3 with Vess ability) or even summoning Hound when nothing is on the field. Def- playing off the opp, dropping C.Blow's on t2/t3 allies or dropping Hound to kill a t2 ally(OE would have to be on field first)

2. Try and stay away from destroying your items early game. Destroying 1 early game is the max and only if necessary.

3. The goal for using Spitfire and Zealot's effect are targeting your friendly enemy attachments(CB and SBS) along with rock of ages(<-mid to late game)
    ***Choose a CB or SBS from an enemy ally that you plan/will kill the same turn.

4. Remember the deck is a Tech deck within itself. Every situation can be different, so make sure to play a lot to develop strategies for situations. The fun part of any deck

MATCH UPS

Boris: I haven't played to many Boris's. Matter of fact only two, but when I did play against him they were both rushes, and Spitefire, CB, zealot made quick work of them. Since Warrior Rush decks are ally centered OE will annihilate the draw engine and ability defenses........EASY

Amber: Easier than Boris because she can't kill every 4 turns, If she wants to stand a chance she cant summon to many allies for OE to exploit, making the game very difficult for her, then when Thriss hits field.....haven't loss to Amber yet

Victor: Set.....GO!! Playing against Vic is a race to the finish it can go either way. Play smart and try to catch the upper hand... because of the 50/50, MEDIUM

Gwen: She'll try, but it won't be enough. Never lost to a Gwen deck yet, but I came close once. She got me down to 10hp before I ravaged her, unfortunately she still lost without me drawing BF,OE, or Thriss. ......EASY

Nishaven: There has been some good Nishaven builds out there lately, dont know if its Nishaven or Road less traveled, but great games none the less. Playing Nishaven and most mages requires a switch in play strategy. Cleric and Rock of ages behind Hulk and Thriss will be your best friends....MEDIUM

Eladwen: Only played one, and it wasnt a Rush but a freeze build. It depended on heavy item support, which is a no no against this deck. That version of Eladwen easy, but need more testing before I could give a honest review..... ????

Jericho: FUN GAMES!!! whether it is old skool Jer,or new attachment Jer, Its a rush to see who establishes first. OE or Thriss will be the hero in this game, and since Jer can remove your engines every 4 turns keep your BF and CF stocked. Old skool Jer is easier than New Jer, but it all goes to the quickest one established. Played 5 times against Jer and currently 2W and 3L. Only one was an outright loss, so...... MEDIUM/HARD

Zhana: I have played no Zhana's in SF......????

Lance: He's ally centered, but what makes him different from other ally centered decks is stealth. Ill-gotten and Ankle B. wont be to much of a problem with all the allies but stealth is the plague and CB,SBS,Spitfire are the cure ......EASY/MEDIUM

Serena: She was a B**** to go up against and incurred a few losses along with a few wins. If I got the draw engines out I won, if I didnt or played only one and she dropped Cutlass I loss. The feud continued until one day recently I experimented with Cleric's Mantle. The card alone changed games. Turns Lance from Medium to Easy and Serena to a must drop Cutlass to stay in it......EASY/MEDIUM(Cutlass)

Ter Adun: Just not fast enough to compete. Ravager build or Rothem's Visage build both fail in comparison to Vess ravagers....EASY

Logan: LOGAN WILL RISE AND DESTROY ALL DECKS, just not now and certainly not against Vess....EASY

Banebow: Havent played a Bane yet, but theoretically against this deck he should be harder than Victor and will require a strategy switch.....????(probably Hard)

Baduruu: You win if he doesn't drop Cutlass with ease. Cutlass dropped can possibly cause some problems, especially if caught with one or no draw engines established....EASY/MEDIUM(Cutlass)

Majiya: So far won against all Majiya builds ive played. OE and Thriss cause a major damper for this deck....EASY

Gravebone: Is another fun game. Vess fares well against him because of CB,SBS, and Rock of Ages....EASIER than MEDIUM,but not EASY

Dreadclaw: Only played one dread, but fared just like the other dependent weapon hero's. Opp played very smart, set up his draw engine and didnt allow OE to affect him, but different story when Thriss hit the field....EASY

Moonstalker: Played one Moonstalker Aggro style hehe....RAVAGED! Then I played two games vs Millstalker. Game 1, I won no sweat, but I could tell I caught him off guard playing Vess and Ravagers. Game 2 he won, but I made a grave error by placing my Thriss in the sac pile early game. Still I learned from that game Thriss is priority #1 and you must get him out ASAP......EASY/HARD(no Thriss)

Elementalis: Pretty straight foreword wins T1 OE or nothing, T2 Spitfire(kill his T2 ally) or CB, T3 CB,SBS, or Establish, T4 CB,SBS,....etc. Elementalis will need a good hand to stay in contention. Treat it like a rush deck and be weary of MC....EASY

Zaladar: Good games, normally you'll win if you stop the draw engine, but Zaladar sometimes those Shadow Fonts fall right into place....MEDIUM

Tala: Treat it like a rush and for the protector effect ehhh its whatever. Focus on Rock of ages and Hulk's non-targeting abilities to get through that if you run into problems....EASY

Aramia: There use to be a time when players were calling the deck OP. No worries here. Drop an OE once, and let the good times roll....EASY

Ythan: Played a Ythan in the early stages of this deck. Lost to him pretty steadily. Oh How things change. Depends on the player whose behind the screen, but it will be easy or a good game, but out of all the hunter hero's(except Gwen of course) he'll be the easiest one.....EASY/MEDIUM

Threbin: Threbin will be tough if your opp plays M.Scepter correctly, but even at that its an up hill battle for Threbin users....EASY/MEDIUM

Garth: I had no problems here. After the Nerf he shouldnt give you much trouble, hmm even before the nerf I dont think he would of......EASY

Vess: Vess with Ravagers should fare well against typical Vess. Vess against Ravagers against Vess against Ravagers, whose skilled or whose lucky?......????

Raikka: So many different makes of this deck that you never know which one youre gonna play. Shouldnt matter though.....EASY

Skervox: Never played, but it certainly has potential to cause great harm to this deck....????(probably MEDIUM/HARD)

BloodFang: The true most underrated hero is with out a doubt Mr.Fang. Many cards the Wulven's have can some what create problems, nothing to bad, but One card can cause a nightmare, Griptooth. It can allow a preparation of allies that will be very difficult to stop.......MEDIUM/HARD(Griptooth)

Praxix: Praxix decking deck is the only concern, which is not much concern at all.....EASY

Loest: Loest is a hell of a card, love his effect. Once again it depends on whose behind the helm, but this deck could be a good match up for anyone....MEDIUM

Rothem: One thing is true when you play a good well-built Rothem deck, No matter how much Vess will be in control be weary of the one turn knockout.....EASY/MEDIUM

***So like a said before this is my base build for Vess and his Ravagers. So far on the test server its been very successful. If you try out this deck or a different ravager deck, remember its situational playing and you might lose a couple games before you get the hang of it. Have fun with the Ravagers ***

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Okay, a few things to say here. Firstly, I really like Vess, and although they are tough to use, Ravagers can really lock down a board when you do get all your ducks lined up. It looks like you have done a fair bit of testing, but it also looks like unfortunately you haven't faced very good opponents for a lot of these heroes. That may have something to do with time zone. I have seen a lot of zhanna decks etc but very few of some heroes you have faced a lot of.

Overall I think it looks like a good deck and I will enjoy trying it out.
    Elder TJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ray lines my ducks up! WOO! I like the idea of using vess to fuel ravagers, however, for reasons I wont go into, I dont think vess is the best for ravagers! Keep in mind, without your ravagers eating your abilities, you have about 9 castable attachments (considering you can't cast BF or CF if you have one in play). I don't think CF is going to draw you a whole bunch of cards. What WOULD be good in this deck is Braxnorian Veteran. Lets you eat a SBS (ideally) and return it, or a CB and recast it on a more suitable target. Demolitionist is good, but with 4 obelisk, I'd say 2 TOPS. Also, Cleric is decent, but not amazing. Yeah, it gets bigger, but for all intents and purposes, unless you can sac a ton of items in 1 turn, its a vanilla ally. Also, I'll give you a trick from my book. Crystal Shards lets you draw, and sac before your opponent gets a second draw off it. Its like fuel for the fire. Might not be your style, but I find it good.
    A1 Nikcansmash

A1's smashingly handsome new recruit

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmyers View Post
    3. The goal for using Spitfire and Zealot's effect are targeting your friendly enemy attachments(CB and SBS) along with rock of ages(<-mid to late game)
    ***Choose a CB or SBS from an enemy ally that you plan/will kill the same turn.
    I'm not using a Ravager deck atm, but I'm using some Zealots and I think that their main utility is to cycle extra copies of Blood Frenzy and Confluence of Fate, saccing your current one, recasting the new one usually for free and getting a 3/3 haste and new cards in the process.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Forget everything. I read 307 rating. THREE HUNDRED SEVEN rating!
    May I know your IGN on the test server.
    IGN: TJ Scout
    Telegram: @shubham1309

"Scout is a hacker we should report him" - SK Trinolcour

Team Juggernauts Recruitment Thread

Link to TJ forum
    IRC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Is Here View Post
    Forget everything. I read 307 rating. THREE HUNDRED SEVEN rating!
    May I know your IGN on the test server.
    I dont know of anyone with a 307 on the TEST SERVER,...and certainly not me, I was 307 a few seasons back prior to SF, (Zhana,Banebow,and Ele were my babies), but my public account KingJordan

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzie View Post
    Okay, a few things to say here. Firstly, I really like Vess, and although they are tough to use, Ravagers can really lock down a board when you do get all your ducks lined up. It looks like you have done a fair bit of testing, but it also looks like unfortunately you haven't faced very good opponents for a lot of these heroes. That may have something to do with time zone. I have seen a lot of zhanna decks etc but very few of some heroes you have faced a lot of.

Overall I think it looks like a good deck and I will enjoy trying it out.
    Yeah its a fun deck, and sure it can catch wins against tier ones and other good players but I would say if you are 290+ on the live server this isnt as consistent as other decks making it a tier two in my opinion. I do believe if some minor changes were to happen Ravagers could be a tier 1, but till then tier 2.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just added some cards:
    +1 Spiked Bolas Strike
    +1 Murderous Hulk
    +1 Cleric of the Asyn
    +1 Enrage
    +1 Armor of Ages
    +4 Ellos' Resolve

And now it's better for me
    Last edited by Shadow Blink; 07-11-2014 at 07:22 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by puc3k View Post
    I just added some cards:
    +1 Spiked Bolas Strike
    +1 Murderous Hulk
    +1 Cleric of the Asyn
    +1 Enrage
    +1 Armor of Ages
    +4 Ellos' Resolve

And now it's better for me
    I haven't played this deck in a while, but that sounds good. Ill have to test it out

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have a similar Vess and I love it, I do agree Vess brings the good out of Ravagers. Deck looks good, I would just tweak a few numbers here and there.

__________S K U R A I___________

*****************THE CURSED PROSECUTOR*****************

Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.