Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Chatting System - Filters?

Could a filter for the in game chat possibly be made?
    I seriously don't see why one would need to swear in the game, or be sworn, to some.
    Just recently one of our guild members were sworn at for no apparant reason other than beating someone skillfully in a game, and I don't see why this should be allowed.
    Republic of Korea
    Leader of ROK

IGN: ROK Bluehell

I'm just a translator...-myself

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You can turn chat off in the options section. Although maybe what your proposing here are more specific filters, but it can be turned off.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree that there is no need to be a bad sport.

However, filter would not make my top ten of fixes/changes to the game. Kick starter would be a good start.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ...like others said, turn chat off and beat all seven shades of //poo// outta them xD

i too agree its annoying at times, but this is something that will always happen in an online game, and trust me, in physical games as well ))
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Filters are pretty useless because people will just get more creative to run around them...

Please report any players using abusive language to support@shadowera.com and we'll send them a warning and ban them from chat if necessary.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Smack talking just is one of those things that are entirely common in online competitive games. Personally, I find it more fun while drinking with my buddies and playing rummy, but that's just me. When it comes to sore losers who swear at me I just say things like "Ah, you're not crying hard enough" which is technically a thousand times more offensive than swearing at them. Beyond that, sore winners are worse, though last one I dealt with I ended up playing them twice in a row and absolutely destroyed them the second time. I suspect that most people that are like that honestly are children, or people that the only sense of power they have in their life is to troll games and forums or what-ever. In the first case they are to be forgiven, in the second case they are to be pitied.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Filters are pretty useless because people will just get more creative to run around them...

Please report any players using abusive language to support@shadowera.com and we'll send them a warning and ban them from chat if necessary.
    I agree with kyle here. If explicit words were filtered, people would use words such as "fothermucker,siece of phit" or just say "gg wp" when it actually means "go die you loser"

Idk I'm just speculating here. lol

Either way there will always be people like this who are losers
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    lol jo3yb0i.
    I agree, there's no place for that garbage, if someone starts, I just turn the chat off. I've reported a few people to support as well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Language filters never work.
    Download any of the kabam games (kingdoms of camelot, arcane empires, or the hobbit) and watch gc to see how well filters work.

Your playing a competitive game with an invisible stranger, rage happens.

Take it as the compliment it is. Enjoy the fact that while they rage the tend to make even more mistakes. Dont respond in any way to the rage until you know you have lethal damage, at this point simply say 'Gg Wp'

If you were born with thin skin and your virgin eyes bleed, turn chat off, leave game, report player, and sit back satisfied in the knowledge the wulven team who clearly isnt busy doing anything will be able to punish said player in a timely manner.

@kyle One option you might be able to pursue that will minimize the man power needed on the wulven side you can code a 'tribunal court' system that is seen in league of legends. Everytime a game gets a flag for an abusive player have the replay and chat logs be posted but with no names to prevent biased judgements.. We the community then review and enter a judgement of guilty or innocent. We the jury recieve a small shadow crystal bonus for participating (ie. 1sc per judgement, limit 5 per day). If found guilty a preset punishment gets put into place (ie. for abusive chat, first offense losing chat ability for a week, second a month, third perm).
    Last edited by Misanthropic; 07-15-2014 at 04:34 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Adding rewards will just have people spamming (Not) guilty just for the SC. How about only if you match the proper verdict.

However, I would rather ser an overhaul of the chat system first. It is awkward to use and very unintuitive.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.