Close

Thread: A few questions

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

A few questions

1. If I summon Cryptspawn Tormentor and Der'kan, the Bone King (in that order), while having 2 undead allies in my graveyard, and my opponent plays Tidal Wave, should both allies be returned to my hand? According to the SRO Cryptspawn will resolve its on-death effect first and be returned to my hand. Subsequently, Der'kan will be the only ally left on the board when its on-death effect resolves. I'm asking this because it seems like death is more like a state of existence, than an instantaneous occurence, since many things can happen between being killed and being sent to the graveyard. Even though the text on Der'kan specifies the effect is only applicable at the moment of death, the SRO suggests otherwise.

2. If my hero is under the influence of sustain 1 hp while having only 1 health left and I attach Holy Shield on him, will he die at the end of the turn or will he die once Holy Shield has been removed?
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Heya,

1. Tidal Wave will kill both Cryptspawn Tormentor and Der'kan at the same time. We will then use the Standard Resolution Order (SRO) to determine which order the cards should resolve their on death effects on. Because Cryptspawn was summoned first, it will resolve it's ability first and return to your hand. At this point Der'kan's "on death" ability will trigger and resolve and it will be returned to your hand because it is now the only ally you control (because Tormentor already jumped back into your hand). Basically, the resolution order is important. If Der'kan was summoned first, Der'kan wouldn't return itself to your hand because Tormentor would still be in play.

2. Your hero will die when Holy Shield has been removed. Essentially, sustain will drop your hero's health to 0 but Holy Shield will prevent your hero from being killed until is removed. The moment Holy Shield is removed, your hero would immediately die because his health is at 0.

Hope that helps
    Proud member of the Shadow Era Design Team
    Love and Peace!
    Former Physical World Champion
    Card Advantage 101