Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

SE is unbalanced (not fun to play)

I have been playing for some since elementalis ability was tu sac an allie and he healed 5 damage, when i started playing i thought the game was so so so unbalanced, out of all the heros only like 3 where truly useful, the rest didint stand a chance, elementalis been one of them. Now things have changed a lot, most heros ability where fixed and changed and the game has become more fun an balanced, but there are still lots of heros that dont stand a chance in getting to 300+ rating, this makes me ask myself "why do they exist in the first place?".

Once i read that serena was created just to fill a gameplay style and make the game popular, the same thing for praxis, they were not meant to be competitive this hurts my faith in this game a lot. Dont get me wrong, i really like this game and its a lot of fun, but when your using your favorite hero with the best deck you could make or find in the forum, and then you just get destroyed by a MS, eladwen, elementalis, zaladar, it just feels so bad and it hurts the player a lot, some heros like for example Logan font stand a chance in competitive game and thats just not fun. One thing is to make a hero thats hard to use, another is to make him just a bad hero to pick. Unbalanced games tend to be not so fun to play because youll always be seeing the same heros fighting each other.

If your gonna make a hero thats not gonna be able to be competitive just dont make him.

IMO the only heros worth to be played competively with potential of having a 300+ rating are: Eladwen, Victor, Elementalis, Zaladar, Majiya, Boris, Garth, Lance, Threbin, Tala, MS, Amber and Banebow. Priest in general stand a chance to get a 300+ rating mainly because they have everything to counter anything, just with focused prayer and tidal wave they can shit on any deck.

Games need to be fun, fun games have balance, unbalanced games are frustrating and hard to get into when your a new player, and for veteran players it'll just make them lose hope in the game and eventually even stop playing.

I must say this game SCREAMS for more balance and i hope the community and the developers can agree on this and make a change for the good and fun times we could all enjoy in Shadow Era.
    Last edited by snipnigth; 07-12-2014 at 04:12 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by snipnigth View Post
    I have been playing for some since elementalis ability was tu sac an allie and he healed 5 damage, when i started playing i thought the game was so so so unbalanced, out of all the heros only like 3 where truly useful, the rest didint stand a chance, elementalis been one of them. Now things have changed a lot, most heros ability where fixed and changed and the game has become more fun an balanced, but there are still lots of heros that dont stand a chance in getting to 300+ rating, this makes me ask myself "why do they exist in the first place?".

Once i read that serena was created just to fill a gameplay style and make the game popular, the same thing for praxis, they were not meant to be competitive this hurts my faith in this game a lot. Dont get me wrong, i really like this game and its a lot of fun, but when your using your favorite hero with the best deck you could make or find in the forum, and then you just get destroyed by a MS, eladwen, elementalis, zaladar, it just feels so bad and it hurts the player a lot, some heros like for example Logan font stand a chance in competitive game and thats just not fun. One thing is to make a hero thats hard to use, another is to make him just a bad hero to pick. Unbalanced games tend to be not so fun to play because youll always be seeing the same heros fighting each other.

If your gonna make a hero thats not gonna be able to be competitive just dont make him.

IMO the only heros worth to be played competively with potential of having a 300+ rating are: Eladwen, Victor, Elementalis, Zaladar, Majiya, Boris, Garth, Lance, Threbin, Tala, MS, Amber and Banebow. Priest in general stand a chance to get a 300+ rating mainly because they have everything to counter anything, just with focused prayer and tidal wave they can shit on any deck.

Games need to be fun, fun games have balance, unbalanced games are frustrating and hard to get into when your a new player, and for veteran players it'll just make them lose hope and in the game and eventually even stop playing.

I must say this game SCREAMS for more balance and i hope the community and the developers can agree on this and make a change for the good and fun times we could all enjoy in Shadow Era.
    Sometimes I feel the game is unbalanced but they are changing a lot for the next update it's already in test server right now.
    ​Member of Alpha Predator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thats some really good news to hear!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by snipnigth View Post
    Thats some really good news to hear!
    You can play the test server now actually there is a thread about it.
    ​Member of Alpha Predator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You're probably right that the game could stand to be a bit more balanced, I won't argue that (especially since I haven't been playing as much as of late), but this idea that everything needs to be competitive or it has no right to exist is the wrong way to look at it imo. Sure, competitive players will find little to no value in such cards, but keep in mind that not everyone plays purely for the sake of that high level of competition, and simply catering to JUST the competitive crowd is too closed minded from a design perspective.

Now that's not to say they can't or shouldn't be competitive, I'm all for that actually (<3 Elementalis), but I just personally hate the idea of "it has no right to exist if it can't be used in high level play" that a lot of players around here have developed.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    You're probably right that the game could stand to be a bit more balanced, I won't argue that (especially since I haven't been playing as much as of late), but this idea that everything needs to be competitive or it has no right to exist is the wrong way to look at it imo. Sure, competitive players will find little to no value in such cards, but keep in mind that not everyone plays purely for the sake of that high level of competition, and simply catering to JUST the competitive crowd is too closed minded from a design perspective.

Now that's not to say they can't or shouldn't be competitive, I'm all for that actually (<3 Elementalis), but I just personally hate the idea of "it has no right to exist if it can't be used in high level play" that a lot of players around here have developed.
    That i meant it more for Logan, that guy is just useless, and i know that not everything need to be competitive but at least give the hero a chance to shine, make him hard to use not a bad pick to use. In my expirience playing games i fin the most fun and addicting games are the ones that are balanced, gives a chance for every play style to shine and more variety, also new players tend tend to accept more the game this way.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Recktafy View Post
    Sometimes I feel the game is unbalanced but they are changing a lot for the next update it's already in test server right now.
    By changes did you mean the new targeting, drawing and playmats? Or are there balance changes that I have not yet seen?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sf is in beta, so balancing is still on... We all can help if we continue playing and give feedback. It's hard to have a 100% balanced game with so many cards and Heroes, nearly impossible, but the goal is to make most of them playable and not having the same strong Heroes over and over again. I fear some of them will stay weak though... Like Logan..only thing that can save him is to have a "Logan specific card" that no other Hero can use...
    Knight of the Dragon Order
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix (click)
    Greatness, Reborn

My current achievements:Achievements
    PFG3 Member

FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
    https://twitter.com/meeeklosh
    https://www.twitch.tv/meeklosh
    https://www.youtube.com/user/milosradojevicvp/videos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    wait for next updates dude... logan will become more playable soon... victor was a loser now he is a beast... just like that... logan will soon become competitive... warriors have 7 heroes... 4 shadow heroes... including rothem... so balancing Logan will be tough... but they will manage it somehow
    IGN AA1 DARKCROSSBOW dont call me a noob, say something that I dont know of

lone wolf of the east

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....Guide-To-Traps

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm not sure where some of you are reading some things said here. Where was it said that Serena and Praxix where only designed to add in certain mechanics and not be competitive?

And unless I've missed something, the new version on the test server doesn't have any balance changes, it's a game features and bug fix update only as far as I've seen.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator