Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To a certain extent Praxix! Come on Twio! The hero is solely based on taking your cards away! Hell it does that and causes damage w it!

( a message from the I hate Praxix coalition! )
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip thorp View Post
    To a certain extent Praxix! Come on Twio! The hero is solely based on taking your cards away! Hell it does that and causes damage w it!

( a message from the I hate Praxix coalition! )
    I'm TJ Shadows R Us, and I approve this message.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    We do keep detailed stats on the hero win rates to help us identify which heroes are underused and have lower than average win rates. While we don't share the specific stats, since if everyone heard that a certain hero has a 2% better win rate then everyone would just play her, I can say that the game is pretty darned balanced! For amore details about our process, you can read the article here.

I often hear people say that the game is unabalanced because they get beaten a few times by a certain deck or combo, and they can't think of a strategy to defend against it. The whole fun of a real CCG is tuning your deck to handle different situations! At the high levels of competitive play (eg World Championships) we saw a wide variety of heroes being used, which would suggest the game is pretty balanced overall. Although with 32 heroes now, I agree that not all are WC worthy although we're trying hard to make all fun to play!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would agree that they're not necessarily BALANCED as in competitive stats, but that's what makes some heroes really fun to play.....

Some people just have this urge to play unpopular heroes, and people like me just feel the urge to beat the heck outta ur opponent with a Logan once in a while......
    Republic of Korea
    Leader of ROK

IGN: ROK Bluehell

I'm just a translator...-myself

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by snipnigth View Post
    nor ythan
    I know one player that uses his Ythan in 320 rating. I faced him once but can't remember his name.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There are players who switched from one hero to another one once they reached a certain high level (300+) and got bored. They would switch back to the old one after losing a few games. It doesn't say much about sustaining a high rating using a less popular hero, IMO. I for one get bored facing Zaladar every other game after 280 these days. It makes me want to drop back to below 200 to face more different heroes and play style.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Twio View Post
    Having said that, I hope Serena never becomes tier 1 because having cards taken from your hand really isn't fun... ).
    While I agree that I hate this mechanic, but Really, Garth is much worth than Serena in discarding, and he is powerful , more effective, tier 1, he is kicking a$$ now and discarding
    Master of Puppets
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Check SE No 1 Guild

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivozzz View Post
    While I agree that I hate this mechanic, but Really, Garth is much worth than Serena in discarding, and he is powerful , more effective, tier 1, he is kicking a$$ now and discarding
    I agree with this, its almost like he was created to make serena look bad, and i dont understand this because she was decent in DP and unique but now Gath does a better job at doing whats Serena was made to do....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with this, its almost like he was created to make serena look bad, and i dont understand this because she was decent in DP and unique but now Gath does a better job at doing whats Serena was made to do....
    Could be that they didn't want Serena to be good, for whatever reason.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with this, its almost like he was created to make Serena look bad, and i dont understand this because she was decent in DP and unique but now Gath does a better job at doing whats Serena was made to do....
    I hope Serena get's more play somehow she rocks too, because myself I love mild discard (hate mill, my first fav card before this game was "Hyppie") and I have to say my likes lean toward the rogues in this game. I know hand destruction is not always easy to deal with or fun but it is a valid strategy. Set up a mill and you can go ahead and play with yourself for all I care, though accidental win by mill survival at the end of a long game I can take.

That said I think special d/concoction/seductress/sword thief etc do at least help her to use the cutlass and expand her discard, but yea Garth swings a mean cutlass.