Tournaments Won
    Ah, nice, I got two foils last month, aldon and sandworm. 😁
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Index View Post
    Ah, nice, I got two foils last month, aldon and sandworm.
    I think foils began to be included in Treasure Chest offerings on June 12th. Checking daily since that date on eight accounts on Live server has yielded me five foils so far. One oops account got two, but most accounts have gotten none at all.

I got one very nice pull two days ago: Aeon Stormcaller makes a very nice foil.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    I think foils began to be included in Treasure Chest offerings on June 12th. Checking daily since that date on eight accounts on Live server has yielded me five foils so far. One oops account got two, but most accounts have gotten none at all.

I got one very nice pull two days ago: Aeon Stormcaller makes a very nice foil.
    Now if only we could at least trade foils only .........................................

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Index View Post
    Yes it is possible.
    Cool! It's my b'day on the 3rd, maybe I'll get ridiculously lucky (or hint HINT who wants to sell an extremely rare card for the hope it will directly go to Merch and I can swoop in and get it? :P) Why so quiet?? Hehehe

I don't get why people make alt accounts though, any other reason apart from in anticipation of trading and auctions? Because to me it seems (apart from Chest) you are simply spreading out earnings you would have had on one account, to many
    BP Inactive member | IGN: SafOne

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, most of my alts were made accidentally. But a new account gives one an opportunity to bring up a different hero from scratch and experiment without effecting the rating on the primary account. I did make one account to try to interest my dad in the game. He prefers Bridge.

Alts are also useful for figuring stuff out. You can play a Custom match against yourself and arrange the conditions to trigger a bug or create a combo.

Some of the big players have alts that hide their secret identity. They can develop a deck and practice with it without fear of being research by tournament opponents.

Here's my 90-day update (since Muriah's announcement apparently coincided with the introduction of the foils, even though the Treasure Chest had been out for a couple of months prior):

account 1: 0 foils
    account 2: 0 foils
    account 3: 1 foil
    account 4: 0 foils
    account 5: 1 foils
    account 6: 2 foils
    account 7: 1 foil
    account 8: 1 foil

I did pull a few foils from the chest on Design and Test Server accounts, but I don't track them. While the initial claim that there were no foils proved incorrect, my pull rate still resembles Kyle's simulation (1:135) instead of the claimed rate (1:75).
    Last edited by a player; 09-17-2014 at 01:29 PM.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not related to foils but I FINALLY GOT SCOURGE!! After a good year of trying Merch, and buying boosters (which did net me a foil Karlstrad!) I just tried to buy him pretty much out of habit last week and THE MERCHANT GRINS etc I couldn't believe it!!
    BP Inactive member | IGN: SafOne