Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

MultiPlayer Sync Issue - v 1.25 production

ARGH. I spent half an hour burning a Zhanna Mist (with a Zhanna Mist) down to 11 cards. She played a retreat and BOOM. Game over. Extreme frustration. Then, to add insult to injury - the game isn't really "over" until I exit the game as instructed. The result? I get tagged with a DEFEAT and my rating gets smashed down again.... dammit, WTF?!? How does that make any sense?

I have no doubt that I had the upper hand... I had two Tidal Waves sitting in my hand, about to wipe his/her forces off the map, and a thirty plus cards left in my deck, plus a resurrection in my hand.

This is annoying, just about the only game I won tonight was when a Zaladar apparently got pissed off at how hard I was to kill, and ended the game despite the fact that I'd just cocked up my card play and he likely had the upper hand at least to a degree. On the other hand, I got tagged with multiple random defeats not of my own making.

Seriously, this game rocks, but the bugs are just fatal to the experience. What the hell is this multi-player sync issue anyway? I've never run into it before in any other online game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

How about a "report" button?

I was just playing a game, and boom, out of nowhere, I won, just as the knife was going into my character's back... very strange. I think it would be helpful if we could click a button and file a bug report, just as it happens, snapshot the screen, maybe automatically include a log of the game to that point, explain in a note why we think the ending, or the play that just happened, is a bug. Instead of having to reconstruct things after the fact and guess where the problem manifested, the developers could spot it immediately. Note: no multi-player sync issue reported, no timeout issue reported... just sudden "Victory".

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sync issues are when your's and their state of the game is mismatched and the two are no longer synchronized. Think of it as having a conversation with someone and then one them saids something weird so the other person isn't on the same page anymore so they're both confused. Usually, this is caused by a card or card combinations not working properly and causing a sync issue. Longer games are more prone to sync errors simply because there's more chance of running into a problem.

Currently, the only way of reporting is to do it manually and as such, many have requested for a more automatic and expedite way of reporting. I'm hoping they will implement this in the near future as well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    ... many have requested for a more automatic and expedite way of reporting. I'm hoping they will implement this in the near future as well.
    Since sync errors are detected by the software, they could be brought to Kyle's attention without the need for any user involvement. Other errors, only noticed by the user, would certainly benefit from a simpler reporting mechanism.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There are games with sync errors that aren't currently detected by the game. But yeah, those that are would probably be better to be automatically reported.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    Sync issues are when your's and their state of the game is mismatched and the two are no longer synchronized. Think of it as having a conversation with someone and then one them saids something weird so the other person isn't on the same page anymore so they're both confused. Usually, this is caused by a card or card combinations not working properly and causing a sync issue. Longer games are more prone to sync errors simply because there's more chance of running into a problem.

Currently, the only way of reporting is to do it manually and as such, many have requested for a more automatic and expedite way of reporting. I'm hoping they will implement this in the near future as well.
    Hmm... that would explain why I run into it so often, as my style of playing (since I started with a priest deck in the first place) tends to be more oriented towards burn decks and wars of attrition. ... and that explains why it shows up with Zaladar's Eternal Renewal and other potentially complex game logic (such as the scenario I ran into).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Re

This multi player sync error just happened to me. I was going to win, but I was given a defeat. Very Frustrating!