Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Boris Deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

New Boris Deck

Been playing for a bit and was getting tired of the Mages so I decided to try and make a good strong warrior deck. Any advice would be helpful. My build atm is this:

Total Cards: Hero +39

Allies: 21

Dirk Saber x2
    Sandra Trueblade x3
    Lily Rosecult x1
    Puwen Bloodhelm x3
    Birgitte Skullborn x2
    Kurt Whitehelm x1
    Blake Windrunner x2
    Raven Wildheart x1
    Armored Sandworm x1
    Aeon Stormcaller x1
    Zailen Crusader x1
    Knight of Unaxio x2
    Yari Marksman x1

Abilities: 13

Enrage x1
    Crippling Blow x4
    Retreat x4
    Bad Santa x3
    Outwitted x1

Items: 5

The King's Pride x1
    Punisher's Gauntlets x1
    R othem's Visage x1
    Boooomerang x2

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Edit: I purposely put the space in Rothem's Visage because it showed up just like it did right there and that annoyed me.
    Last edited by Achi113s; 07-11-2014 at 03:04 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    -1 Lily Rosecult (Unless you're going to add in important items you MUST retrive)
    -3 Sandra Trueblade (Just not a good card. 2/3 is way too low, and even the resource destroying is under a certain condition.)
    -1 Kurt Whitehelm (Have more of it if you're trying to snipe down mages. Take it out if that's not the case.)
    -2 Dirk Saber (Usually, Champion of Irum would last longer, and is a better attacker. Dirk Saber cannot last very long in early game.)
    -2 Boomerang (...HUH?)
    -1 Outwitted (...HUH?)
    -2 Black Windrunner (Cannot last long, usually deals damage ONCE and dies. Paying 2CC for a 3 damage that might not even work isn't a good idea.)

+3 Aldon the Brave (Arguably the best 3CC ally in the game)
    +3 Champion of Irum, or maybe Eleanor, Princess of Ellos (Two of the best 2CC early game allies, although Eleanor isn't a good idea against mages)
    +4 Blood Frenzy (Warrior's Legendary Draw Engine)

Questionable:
    Punisher's Gauntlets (Do you really need this?)
    Rothem's Visage (Do you really need this when you have Aeon to hide your allies? I'd rather replace it with another Aeon.)
    Knight of Unaxio (I can only see Retreat as a discard option. Other than that, all your abilities seem pretty important....)
    Zailen Crusader (The only attachment you have is Crippling Blow, might not be so handy especially when you only have 1)
    Republic of Korea
    Leader of ROK

IGN: ROK Bluehell

I'm just a translator...-myself

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for the advice and explanations.

For your minuses I agree with most of them except that
    Boomerang is a cheap, recyclable weapon for my hero. I understand at the bottom of the deck is not very useful but if it comes down to the wire then I'll be able to summon one every turn and attack every turn indefinitely without ever truly running out of cards to draw.
    Outwitted is an ICE card. It's in case I run into Fatties like Ogloth or other such allies. I mean to have more but lack gold atm.

For your pluses I agree wholeheartedly on all of them except Blood Frenzy. I don't like the idea of purposely crippling my hero just to get another card every turn. I may change my mind but right now I don't like it.

Your questionables
    Punisher's yes I do. It's pretty much like another CB for me to use and has come in handy
    RV is a major protectant for my hero since it provides 3 damage absorption and renews 1 durability every turn
    Knight of Unaxio I don't need to use his abilities, he's more of a filler ally which I know is stupid but without gold I used what I had
    Zailen Crusader is very handy, playing CB for free then once let's me keep all my resources for other things, I'm thinking I need more. (I'm not sure if your for or against Zailen though)
    Last edited by Achi113s; 07-11-2014 at 03:49 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Achi113s View Post
    For your pluses I agree wholeheartedly on all of them except Blood Frenzy. I don't like the idea of purposely crippling my hero just to get another card every turn. I may change my mind but right now I don't like it.
    Arguably the most important card, taking 1 damage a turn to draw 2 cards a turn free and keep the pressure on is a great trade. Play it T3 before you are in any danger and get to your cards much faster. You have no draw engines except Santa (Santa is great but can bite you in the behind if you are playing a good player) and you will get outdrawn and beaten by any good deck/player. This game is quick and draw is the most important factor, BF x 6 damage = 12 cards drawn. Don't fear 1 ping a turn, better to get an extra card every turn then to end up no cards in hand hoping to top deck the next card you need. After you get to about 5 resources and don't need to sac as often you can gain even more advantage. Best of luck with whichever way you go. On a side note, haste is good too especially with Aldon.

Also may want to take a look at some of P-Bird's articles:

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....le-Compilation

To quote his thoughts here "And to all those players who are afraid of the 1 point damage per turn, remember this…. Cards > Damage."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You may not like the Blood Frenzy now, but I really suggest you give it a try. I used to think the same about it, but once you realize how important the draw is that it gives you, you'll see why it's pretty much a 4x in any Warrior deck. In the majority of games the extra card advantage it gives you will outweigh the health loss, because you'll be able to put many extra threats on the board that will be able to kill your opponent before the damage from BF matters. Plus if you play out your Enrage that's basically 10 turns of free draw from the extra health you get.

Another nice 2cc ally option that Boris has access to is Yari Bladedancer. Same stats as Puwen, but with a really handy ability.

Also you have very many 1x copies of cards. Maybe this is just because you have a limited amount of gold and want to try various things, but it is really better to focus on the particular cards that are really key, so that you can always have them, rather than just having to hope that you draw into that 1 copy. The only card that I'd personally keep at 1 is Enrage, most people only use 1, but I'd say go with fewer one-ofs, especially in the ally department, as those armors are much harder to get with limited gold, so keeping those as is is probably okay for now. Although again, try and see as you play with this deck which one you like more, especially between Visage and TKP. Which style do you prefer? Do want to go for a haste strategy with Visage, or a beatdown with extra attack from TKP?

Just some ideas.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Lovely articles. Read through a few of them and definitely learned a few things! As for Blood Frenzy, you bring good points both of you. I'll give it a go.
    ETC
    Every Team Coordinates

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Update on the deck

Total: Hero + 39

Allies: 20

Puwen x3
    Birgitte x2
    Raven x1
    Aldon x3
    Armored Sandword x1
    Aeon Stormcaller x1
    Champion of Irum x3
    Zailen Crusader x1
    Knight of Unaxio x2
    Yari Marksman x3

Abilities:14

Enrage x2
    Crippling Blow x4
    Blood Frenzy x4
    Retreat x4

Items: 5

R othem's Visage x3
    Boooomerang x2
    ETC
    Every Team Coordinates

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You should swap Puwen for Yari Bladedancer. Same stats, but with an awesome effect.

I personally don't like Bridgette that much. If you want an early game protector, would rather use Yari Spearman. He has higher HP and grows the more you have. Having multiples out when facing Decks with no board wipe can be devastating.

I would drop all the Visage for 2 King's Pride. A much better end game armor for Boris.

Knight of Unaxio is not really needed. It does provide a good beater, but that is all it brings. There are better choices. Your Deck has only 4 3cc allies. I would drop them for Jasmines.

You also lack extra draw for if you don't have Blood Frenzy early. Would suggest either Treasured Heirloom or Road Less Travelled.

I would also swap Boomerang out for Dragon's Tooth. That weapon is Boris's best friend.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Okay, I can see swapping them being beneficial.

Personally I like the low cost of a small nuisance. Birgitte is cheap but they Need to kill her to get to other allies so early on she is great for getting control of the field.

Okay that's a very good point and I'll swap them out.

With 4x Blood Frenzy there has yet to be a game where I don't either have it in my hand or draw it by t3 which is when I can summon it. The math is solid. 39 drawable cards, aiming to get any one of 4. By t3 you have the 6 you started plus draws so worst case scenario you've seen 8 card. there's a Y/X chance that any card I draw will be Blood Frenzy where X is the size of my remaining deck and Y is the number of Blood Frenzys in my remaining deck. Times the 8 cards exclusively meaning my odds are 4/39 *4/38*4/37...etc. etc. The math works out to a 90.5% chance in worst case scenario, best case your odds are 103% roughly so I'm feeling fine with my 4x Blood Frenzys.

And I don't like Dragon's tooth. Too expensive and nonrecoverable. Boomerangs are reusable if it comes down to my last two cards.
    ETC
    Every Team Coordinates

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey Achi113, I already see u got some valuable suggestions . I'll add few and maybe u find them useful
    Brax soldier : Today game is crawled with hasted ally and he can shut all of them . Biggest enemy of lance .
    viska : best human hasted ally , bane of weapon based heroes . (with kp and aldon 6 dmg) .
    smashing blow: u need to destroy armors and weapons lol.
    spectral sabre: u dont want opponent to use frenzy, speed strike or rapid fire. can also work on ur crippled ally plus 2 dmg weapon in need.
    Ffm : huge health , haste and psudo draw , its amasing with kp but not that good if u use rothem's visage.
    A lagend arise : situational to counter attachments. but extremely scary if used on viska or sandworm ( with viska any darkclaw will ragequit lol)
    spiked bolus strike: good warrior attachment . 2 dmg comes handy in time

I also like kp on Borris than rothem . But rothem is good and u may consider lynthian coating because when rothem breaks it hurts.
    and DRAGON'S TOOTH IS THE BEST WEAPON BORIS CAN HAVE . yep 800 gold is huge if u just starting the deck but but still nothing worth better than DT .for him.