Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In short, the SF decks are worth the cost. 250 SC for 60 much more essential cards, where previously we had to buy Elemental packs for gold since the CotC+DP decks contained cards that were seldom used in deck building. Even if we have collected most of the cards already, the Vess and Raikka decks are the best way of converting SC into gold (for buying cards from the next set )

250 SC is the equivalent of 2 and a half pack value of an Elemental deck, which is around 6,000 G. (2400 x 2.5)

So for new players, I'll revise the guide soon taking into account that most of the merchant purchases aren't needed anymore, hence saving a lot more of the $19.99 you all started out with.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I swear everyone is coming up with different cost values for each of the new decks.

Edit: here we go, other numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by 2phite View Post
    Deck lists on Wulven's issue tracker
    http://dev.wulven.com:8080/browse/SE-890

Premium Human Warrior Deck (60 cards with Tala Pureheart)
    Sell price = 6475G

Premium Human Mage Deck (60 cards with Aramia)
    Sell price = 6885G

Premium Human Hunter Deck (60 cards with Ythan Redthorn)
    Sell price = 7080G

Premium Human Priest Deck (60 cards with Threbin the Righteous)
    Sell price = 6595G

Premium Human Rogue Deck (60 cards with Garth Ravensoul)
    Sell price = 6835G

Premium Shadow Warrior Deck (60 cards with Vess Swifthands)
    Sell price = 7055G

Premium Shadow Mage Deck (60 cards with Raikka Spellseeker)
    Sell price = 7255G

Premium Shadow Hunter Deck (60 cards with Skervox)
    Sell price = 6220G

Premium Shadow Wulven Deck (60 cards with Bloodfang)
    Sell price = 6595G

Premium Shadow Elemental Deck (60 cards with Praxix)
    Sell price = 6820G
    Last edited by Warr Byrd; 01-31-2015 at 06:30 PM.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    I swear everyone is coming up with different cost values for each of the new decks.

Edit: here we go, other numbers.
    I checked again, some of my values were off..probably when I started assuming constant values for the SF cards. 75G for commons, 165G for uncommons and 340G for rares. So props to 2phite for doing it right.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    New players : don't forget to take advantage of the lunar new year free crystals bonus:

http://www.shadowera.com/showpost.php?p=545273

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    New player here. This thread is really confusing to me. I just need a couple of good starter decks, but it seems like a lot of this information is out of date. I already purchased the premium shadow mage deck (btw, please don't refer to these decks by the name of the hero only - that's not how they are listed in the game, so new players have no clue which deck goes with which hero).

I have enough crystals to purchase another premium deck, but I don't know what I should purchase. I started the game with the human mage, Eldawen. I have purchased 2 Bad Santa cards and a few other cards but am hesitant to keep spending gold without knowing what works with the current meta. I haven't played against anyone but AI because I don't have a decent deck.

I am enjoying the game a lot and wish this forum were a bit more up-to-date in general because I'm struggling to find easy decks that are viable today. If this guide is not currently up-to-date, you should consider removing the sticky. Stickied threads are considered important and this one involves having new players spend cash on decks that may not still be viable. Just my 2 cents.

If you can point me to some deck options that are easy to play and competitive today, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Step 1. Buy Shadow Crystals
    Step 2. Buy Raikka Packs by the way they are sorted by name. Click a premium pack and it says the hero name. If the hero name doesn't match the guide then go to the next hero pack. looks like this.
    Step 3. Sell.
    Step 4. Check the strategy section of this forum its full of decks and ask questions. Someone is bound to respond.
    Step 5. Profit off your new deck.
    Last edited by LucasBlitz; 04-17-2015 at 06:23 PM.
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Personally, I have always felt that Eldawen is as good of choice for a starting hero as Boris until the premium starter decks came out. I think Eldawen wins out now because of the Raikka decks. Also since the Premium decks are in general better than the original starters you might want to adjust your recommendations for the initial decks. Maybe make an honorable mention regarding what's in the Crystal Anthology starter too. Still gotta give you guys props for actually working out how to make reasonable decks for each of the heroes on a budget. You are crazy for going through all that work. Good job.