Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You're missing the biggest advantage of Retreat man. You're using 2 resources to take care of his 6cc guy. If he casts it again, he would have wasted 12cc and by then you would have played enough allies, burn, control cards to either rush down the hero or take care of Oggloth

Edit: Retreat was the main reason why Humans were rather hated in CotC. A 2cc card that is available to all humans that takes care of any ally, the higher the cost, the better
    Last edited by Shadowborn; 07-10-2014 at 04:38 PM.
    IGN: A1 ShadowBeast

I'm interested in seeing how you plan to kill a shadow

MY COTC DECKS
    Nishaven Hybrid

MY DP DECKS
    FT Trollers #1 Baduruu Shutdown

Ter Stripper

Serena the Card Sharp

A1:Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Very true and very conniving! I love it! And if they kill their Allies just to power up Ogloth then that makes it even better cause they'd have wasted cc on the Allies and killing them.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Achi113s View Post
    Very true and very conniving! I love it! And if they kill their Allies just to power up Ogloth then that makes it even better cause they'd have wasted cc on the Allies and killing them.
    Hi, welcome to the game. Beware of an opponent with a full hand, since Retreat won't work unless they have less than 7 cards in hand.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The other thing to remember about fatties is they're hard to deal with, but you can't just have a deck made up of them. You include a few in a deck, and hope to get them at the right time. Get them too early, and you either have to resource them or cripple your early game holding onto them, if you resource them, then it may cripple your late game. And then the opponent can still take out your card with one card, like mind control, assassination, or the other ones already listed. Or they may have a strategy that just mitigates damage, and that lets them completely ignore the fatty while they whittle you down...the fatties can be important in the game, but handling them well turns the game back around very quickly.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Thanks. Yes as I've gotten more experience in the game I've been realizing that its about your deck's strategy, but also about dealing with your opponent's strategy so that all makes sense to me. Thanks for the advice it all helped a lot.
    ETC
    Every Team Coordinates

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The Bigger They Are is suuuuuuch I good card. It's the reason I play Human instead of Shadow atm. I always bring 4. If one of your guys has the highest hp, just put him in a battle so he loses a bit of without getting killed them use The Bigger They Are. It's my favorite card in SF