Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Ogloth the unbeatable?

I can honestly say my least favorite card is easily Ogloth. So far every single time he has been played against me, I lose. No matter what. Am I missing some secret way to take care of him? Any advice please?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Each class has there own way to deal with Fatties, so it will depend on what class and deck archetype you're playing. Let me know the answer to that and I will try and provide you with some more specific strategies tailored to your deck.
    "When torrential water tosses boulders, it is because of its momentum.
    When the strike of a hawk breaks the body of its prey, it is because of timing."

- Sun Tzu

Proud Member of ETC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Each class has there own way to deal with Fatties, so it will depend on what class and deck archetype you're playing. Let me know the answer to that and I will try and provide you with some more specific strategies tailored to your deck.
    I typically play with a human Mage deck. My most common deck at the moment uses Aramia (Though I'm looking into possibly changing to Boris)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As a Mage the best option for you is to use Transmogrification Curse with the option of following it up with an Incendiary Curse for a DoT on the opposing Hero. Warriors have access to Crippling Blow. A Boris deck could also include cards like Yari Marksman and Dragon's Tooth to help you deal with Fatties. Retreat is another option available to human Heroes, though that is really just a stall card, not a permanent solution. Hope that helps.
    "When torrential water tosses boulders, it is because of its momentum.
    When the strike of a hawk breaks the body of its prey, it is because of timing."

- Sun Tzu

Proud Member of ETC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you think Ogloth is bad, you havent meet Dakrath ......Mages can control him with Consuming Fear, and kill him with a conbination of fireballs and Lighting stikes, you can also play Transmogrification Curse it, for warriors is much easier sicne they can just use Crippling Blow on him.....Also when your opponent plays him, try not to give him kills, kill him before he gets too large, or he will just kill anything you summon with his ability.
    Last edited by snipnigth; 07-10-2014 at 05:38 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Nope, haven't had the pleasure of meeting him yet..not looking forward to it. Alright well thank you for the advice. It's definitely helpful!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I used to think the same about Oggy back when I started playing, but as the others above have said, there are many ways to deal with him. He only really becomes a problem if he's able to use that ability a couple of times and you can't draw anything to disable him. Otherwise he's the least threatening of the Shadow 6cc+ guys, especially compared to Kairos and Dakrath.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quick question, wouldn't Retreat also reset his health and attack? So it would nullify whatever gain he's made while on the field and then be less of a stall card and more of a strategic reset card for him?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Achi113s View Post
    Quick question, wouldn't Retreat also reset his health and attack? So it would nullify whatever gain he's made while on the field and then be less of a stall card and more of a strategic reset card for him?
    Yes. Once you return a card to the hand, it effectively resets the card. However, Transmogrification Curse is probably your best bet for dealing with him in one shot.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Okay, yeah but if I only happen to have Retreat then that's a handy thing to know. Thanks you everyone.