Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    is 320 max. median, mean, mode, or minimum rating?
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i fought against this deck with Bloodfang, and got my ass kicked X(

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien Fungus View Post
    That was a great review of a deck you have put a lot of thought into ... It is great that guys like you take the time to share your ideas openly ...
    The more better players there are the better this game becomes. Nobody really wants a lop sided game dominated by a few . Kudos
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pjoe0211 View Post
    is 320 max. median, mean, mode, or minimum rating?
    Max, once I hit 320 I switched to Portal Nish and dropped to 290 or so
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like this deck a lot. I made some changes. Very small ones and mostly to adapt to my playstyle. But overall this deck gets me results.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by IssacFrost View Post
    I like this deck a lot. I made some changes. Very small ones and mostly to adapt to my playstyle. But overall this deck gets me results.
    Good to hear!
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I want to say that when this deck works it really works. People see the writing on the wall and give up. I only just started playing the deck and trying to get the feel for what I'm sacrificing and when, but I really enjoy this deck. I have had some really bad openers but pulled it out. This decks really makes you think about all your moves.

Great deck. Thanks for posting it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Fool View Post
    I want to say that when this deck works it really works. People see the writing on the wall and give up. I only just started playing the deck and trying to get the feel for what I'm sacrificing and when, but I really enjoy this deck. I have had some really bad openers but pulled it out. This decks really makes you think about all your moves.

Great deck. Thanks for posting it.
    Pretty much the same.

I've tested many Threbin builds from forum and few creations of my own and this deck simply gives the best results. Depending on the meta some card choices might become questionable, but so far in this game state, I didn't find a single card unnecessary.
    To anyone new to Threbin;
    This deck might be a bit hard to play at first (landing can be *very* tricky depending on the matchup and game state), but it's honestly the best Threbin I've seen so far (be it my own or someone else's).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Awesome deck buddy! I generally love priest builds and the only thing I would change for personal preference would be to drop one lily and add another forgiveness. That card, to me, is underrated. It provides you with an easier choice with saccing for resources when you are dealt a good hand - like tidal wave or that second weapon. Plus you gain a SE. Might have to try this out. What about switching thunder strike with Justicar for that extra damage? She's helped me out in bind situations with 4 hp allies and I smite them for the kill.

What's are the typical 5t plays you do?

T1 sac
    T2 scriptures
    T3 D knight/Sindarok
    T4 Oracle
    T5 Weapon?
    Last edited by Karniv04; 09-22-2014 at 12:25 PM.
    Proud Member of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS!
    IGN: TJ KarnivX

My Deviant Art

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Karniv04 View Post
    Awesome deck buddy! I generally love priest builds and the only thing I would change for personal preference would be to drop one lily and add another forgiveness. That card, to me, is underrated. It provides you with an easier choice with saccing for resources when you are dealt a good hand - like tidal wave or that second weapon. Plus you gain a SE. Might have to try this out. What about switching thunder strike with Justicar for that extra damage? She's helped me out in bind situations with 4 hp allies and I smite them for the kill.

What's are the typical 5t plays you do?

T1 sac
    T2 scriptures
    T3 D knight/Sindarok
    T4 Oracle
    T5 Weapon?
    There are basically 5 t5 plays this deck usually does;

1) Weapon
    Probably obvious play, sub par unless you have templar on field, then it's quite powerful. Not just because its dmg potential, but because opponent usually will force its destruction by allies or via LLN. If youc an follow up with Scepter, it's gg.

2) tidal wave
    Great play against any kind of rush or swarm deck, primarily Moonstalker or GB. For Zaladar it's a bit more effective to use weapons since their allies are usually around 2-3 hp and you can literally wipe out established board using weapon. The problem with Tidal is that you have to adjust your playing to it (Sindarok on t3 is a bit of a waste if you're planning on playing Tidal. You can use it to bait out their allies, but in most cases it's more useful to save it for later) so it can be easy to read (and sometimes you can make good Tidal bluffs because of this).

3) Construct
    Dealing 2 unpreventable dmg and getting an ally with 5hp? Yes please.
    It has dual effect on board state; it helps you get rid of opposing allies and gives you field presence (it's hard to remove).
    Health reduction is the main reason it's here over Justiciar; it gets you results as soon as it hits the field so it's great stand alone card and therefore great play whenever opponent has an ally. Justiciar's 2atk don't do shit against Fortified wisp, Karash and Worm. Those are omnipresent and one of our priorities is to have those under control. On the other hand, Thunderstrike has 3 atk which is pretty troublesome for most of 3cc and 4cc allies.
    And for Justiciar's eff; it doesn't work on opposing player's turn and to make real advantage off it you must have other cards like weapons, Smite or DK. That makes it terrible topdeck in most cases. Decks that use her usually have so many arcane dmg-based cards that she always has impact on the game as soon as she enters the field so she's pretty useful in Templar builds.

4) 3cc card+Scriptures
    Scriptures are your main draw engine so many ppl will try to destroy it if they get the chance so if you draw an extra on t3-4 it's great to put another one after they destroy the first. You have good 3cc cards that do have to see play later than t3; Prayer (draw engine and armor destruction) and Smite (3dmg out of nowhere combined with ally attack is very powerful play if opponent is playing fatties). Or you can just drop an ally for field presence.
    It's tricky because 3cc card choice depends on the matchup so you have to know opponent's deck well and it's 2 card combo, but doing this will usually be your starting point towards building a field.

5) 3cc card+forgiveness.
    Similar to the above, but your goal is different. The play up there was intended to be starting point of developing your field, this play is a bit more destructive.
    Cards, depending on the matchup, that get sacked t1 are usually our 5+ cc cards; weapons, tidal, thunderstrike... All of them are destruction cards.
    Here playing 3cc cards, depending on the matchup and game state, is more of a diversion. Here your goal is to slow opponent down, then hit them hard next turn with scepter wiping out their field.
    Sure, you can play it more like above play, I just wanted to stress out the difference between playing Scriptures or Forgiveness on your t3. Ideally, if you have both in hand, depending on current game state and your further plans you choose which one to play depending on it.
    As with the above play, it's tricky because it requires 2 cards and is very specific to matchup.

I hope this little guide helped you.
    (As I said, I'm playing this Threbin for a month or so now and I might be complicating it a bit too much, but after so much playing you start to see all the little things about the deck)

If extra Forgiveness instead of Lily works for you, great.
    It can have similar effect depending on your early sacks and is more useful in early to mid-game. However, I find more than one inconsistent; every card that depends on topdecking or opening hand is per se iffy in my opinion. Didn't test though and again, if it works, great for you.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Okay I am a little bit torn between sindarok and guardian. whereas i am a fan of sindaroks ability however if he gets crippled/incapacitated he's useless(which tends to happen quite a bit). Guardian on the other hand almost has to be dealt with due to his damage-reduction effect which to me is pretty appealing. Can I get some input/perspectives on this... thanks!
    Question everything but be open to anything