Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bone Sabre bug

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Bone Sabre bug

When Bone Sabre have got 1 durability, friendly Undead ally don't attack opposing ally that was damaged by Bone Sabre.
    Best QM Rank: 23.
    Najlepsze miejsce w rankingu: 23.

Best Rating: 334
    Najlepszy rating: 334

Level: 43
    Poziom: 43

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I found this bug too. If it is intend to work like this, please change the words of card.

Besides, I found anther existed bug: Bone Saber - last in play undead ally with highest attack is the one that performs attack not the first one in board.
    My case is that I have two undead allies with same attack on board, the one which enter play later is disabled by opponent. So when I attack with bone sabre, nothing happen.
    So I wonder how will developer fix this bug? Make the first one in board perform attack is meaningless in my case. Because opponent will disable the first one if he know that. So the one which is not disable should perform attack in this case.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That first one is intended. The weapon needs to be there for the ability to happen, so once the weapon loses its last durability, the effect can no longer be applied.

As for that second one, the first one in play with the highest attack should be the one that attacks, so that sounds like a bug.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I know that the first one does not violate official rules.

But I think the rule should be reconsidered. I have seen a lot of threads about this issue (Bone sabre, Gold-laced shield, Necromancer's shroud, etc.). All those threads show that the rule is not intuitive.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    An example:
    Soul Seeker: When your hero kills an ally in combat while Soul Seeker is in play, your hero heals 3 damage

I am pretty sure that Soul seeker can heal my hero when lose last durability. So it is very hard for player to understand that Bone Saber can't work with the last durability unless he test it. So it is better to make it more clearly in the description of card instead of game rules.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    That first one is intended. The weapon needs to be there for the ability to happen, so once the weapon loses its last durability, the effect can no longer be applied.

As for that second one, the first one in play with the highest attack should be the one that attacks, so that sounds like a bug.
    If you are right, there's a bug for Soul Seeker!! Soul seeker is broken while killing ally with last durability, so it should not heal hero!! But we accept this bug for such a long time...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by weizhengjim View Post
    An example:
    Soul Seeker: When your hero kills an ally in combat while Soul Seeker is in play, your hero heals 3 damage

I am pretty sure that Soul seeker can heal my hero when lose last durability. So it is very hard for player to understand that Bone Saber can't work with the last durability unless he test it. So it is better to make it more clearly in the description of card instead of game rules.
    I have Soul Seeker and it heals when you attack with last durability.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The difference is that the the abilty of Bone Sabre comes in effect after combat and the ability of Soul Seeker in combat.
    So Bone Sabre is destroyed= No effect
    Soul Seeker still is there= effect happens

Assassin of the coming winter
    Greatness, Reborn

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi1230 View Post
    The difference is that the the abilty of Bone Sabre comes in effect after combat and the ability of Soul Seeker in combat.
    So Bone Sabre is destroyed= No effect
    Soul Seeker still is there= effect happens
    Yes, you're right.

Bone Sabre effect happens after the combat IF IT IS STILL IN PLAY, but Bone Sabre has gone by then if it had 1 durability before the combat. We did actually add an extra durability onto this during balancing, so you can get up to 3 uses of the effect.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Yes, you're right.

Bone Sabre effect happens after the combat IF IT IS STILL IN PLAY, but Bone Sabre has gone by then if it had 1 durability before the combat. We did actually add an extra durability onto this during balancing, so you can get up to 3 uses of the effect.
    Could you write somthing like this on these Items?
    "The effect does not apply on the last Durability"
    It is the most confusing and annoying thing when you are new and are not on the forum often.

Assassin of the coming winter
    Greatness, Reborn