Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Fleet-Footed Messenger ability bug

When I try to use FFM's active ability and there are exactly 3 cards left in my deck, the targeted card isn't shuffled back into the deck but just spins around and stays in my hand. I didn't encounter this problem when there were 4 cards left or 2 or 1. It's just when there are exactly 3 cards left.
    Last edited by alfa666; 06-14-2013 at 12:49 AM.
    IGN: AA1 Alfa666
    Guildless amateur, for the moment being.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well maybe its by chance because technically. When u use his ability, chosen card goes back in the deck, Shuffles the deck then draw again. So by that you have 25% chance of getting it back
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo3yb0i View Post
    Well maybe its by chance because technically. When u use his ability, chosen card goes back in the deck, Shuffles the deck then draw again. So by that you have 25% chance of getting it back
    +1. Maybe it's just a string of bad luck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    nope, it's not just once, i had 3 FFM doing the thing, on more than one game. The animation didn't even show the card going into the deck, it just turned around on itself. When i tried the same thing with 1 card left in the deck, the card was correctly shuffled into the deck. it's not a matter of luck, it's the process that is not being carried out.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    confirmed it happen to me once too. I mean, same to other similar ability. I mean, the Animation do not show out, card just came back.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Also, I'm sure the ability is normally carried out in this order: Draw a card, THEN shuffle target card into the deck. I say so because the animation clearly shows this AND because when carried out with 1 card left in the deck they are ALWAYS exchanged, you never get back the same card back unless target and deck card are the same.

On a side note, I should add that this kind of "numerical" bug is due to poor coding, maybe a constant too much there hard coded. I wish I had the chance to work at Wulwen when I used to be a coder . I was a very good one.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I had this problem too. Not with 3 cards but with +30. The last time I spot it the animation was OK, (last month was flipping in the hand has described) but it manage to give me the a supernova whend I was removing one form my hand, I only have 2 Supernovas on my deck. This "happening" happens a lot, in the same day I removed 2 times a consuming fear from my hand, and get back the same card ( I had 3 in my deck, +30 cards in game).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bug is still present in 2.030. You can check this happening here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOxBFaUW1Jg . Start from 34m30s into the video. CoI and Puwen are targeted by CoI's ability and just spin on themselves. The rest of the game reveals there were no Puwens or CoI's among the 3 cards left in the deck (they were Seductress, Bad Santa, Bad Santa). I hope this can help to make it a CONFIRMED bug.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This bug is still there in 2.84, it is not present in the list of bugs posted in "Bug Reports" and next update 2.85 is said to have "no known bugs". Please take note that this one hasn't been resolved yet as of update 2.84!

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alfa666 View Post
    This bug is still there in 2.84, it is not present in the list of bugs posted in "Bug Reports" and next update 2.85 is said to have "no known bugs". Please take note that this one hasn't been resolved yet as of update 2.84!
    The card is shuffled in first, and then drawn. With 3 cards in deck, as others have said, it's a 25% chance you get back the same card.

Having said that, I will still look into it, since I ran out of other bugs to investigate.