Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the update Kyle

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, while not perfect, I'd say the playmats definitely look much better than before. Thanks for listening to the feedback, its much appreciated.

Also, I just noticed the dummy news renouncement, I had a good laugh at it xD
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New Battlefield and Tournaments are getting close!

Here are my initial thoughts on what is on the Test Server:

1. Targeting Lines are awesome, much better and really good, but could use some tweaking.
    a. Different Color for Attack and Ability. Like Attack could be "Red" and Ability can be "Purple".
    b. Allies that have abilities, should be clicked once or "quick tapped" if on touch screen to activate ability and then specific ability color "Purple" target line appears for you to target. For allies without abilities or you dont want to use ability just click and hold and drag line to target for attack which is a specific color "Red".

2. Cards drawn from deck look akward, maybe smoother animation. And when using cards like Bad Santa, the Bad Santa card should move out of the way so you can see the cards drawn from deck.

3. End of game stats, needs more polish looks kinda cheap and there should be no scroll it all should be on one page. If possible, that Hero for that specific slot should have a Won and Loss record that can be reset in the Deck Builder. Some of them seem useless, unless we are getting quests or challenges to fufill like play 100 allies...

4. Attack Animations should be just the card hitting the other card following the targeting line. And maybe a Sword or whatever type of attack damage with the amount of damage being delt to the other card. The 2 cards side by side showing a sword or claw... hitting the other card is unnessary. Game would be so much smoother without it. See example of pic:

5. Hoverover, or whatever its called should always be at same place like on the left side of the game board, not sometimes on the left or right or higher or lower. It should be in a consistantly lets say on the left side, so then you could slide the battlefield to the right so that it does not look like a lot of wasted space on both the left and right.
    Proud Member of ETC Guild!
    Enjoying The Camaraderie

IGN: ETC SuperGrover

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Personal thoughts on the updates from the initial release and fixes.

The whole system is clunky, buggy, and not to mention feels cheap in the worst way possible.

1 - The way the cards are drawn at the start of the turn is very choppy and a blatant direct ripoff of Hearthstone. I also do not like how the cards are positioned in the hand as it seems to be very out of place with the current layout of the board. It is not visually appealing in any way.

2- The targeting system is a blatant ripoff as well but the coloring and pointing is helpful, though I would pick different colors. One of the better aspects yet disappointing as Blizzard does it better.

3- Playmats... Very disappointing as the images seem crudely cropped and stretched. Was looking forward to seeing how these would be implemented but not currently impressed. The changes help but it still does not seem as polished as it could be.

4 - The end screen is interesting with the information it provides but I have to say that something feels off...

Overall I am very disappointed with how the client is panning out...
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    One suggestion I'd say for the card draw animation in addition to other noted would be to only show it for your own cards, as I think it looks weird to to just see an opponent's card be drawn from their deck with that animation, for my view of their side I think the old animation should be sufficient.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    havent played too much of it yet with work but I like it so far. I agree that the drawing animation is a bit clunky. But I think the card highlights and targeting lines are great.

I noticed that targeting for an attack with allies that have activated abilities will go straight to attacking, unlike the old version which would zoom in and have you click either attack or ability. I like this new targeting better as it makes attacking smoother, but there could be times where I forget that I can use an allies ability and miss out by accidentally attacking .

My suggestion would be to have allies that can attack and also have enough resources to activate their ability be highlighted in a different color, to remind the player that this ally has an ability that can be used. Something like blue to stand out from the green and pink of the other cards.

Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Slaggathor; 07-11-2014 at 01:49 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    sorry for not checking whether this is the right place to post it, as far as bugs go here's one I had while checking the new stuff

1) drag assassination from hand & drop on nightshade
    2) drag nightshade on opp ally

the line or whatever it's called is still there after I killed the ally

It only disappeared once my next turn came up & I could use nightshade again

RS Ayaribas - OlivTree
    High council member

Who we are & how to join us:
    Rising Sun guild thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    oh and as for feedback:

-new card drawing mechanism is clunky, nothing wrong with the way it is right now
    -playmats need more style, this just looks like a picture that you pulled horizontally & vertically and just stuck it in there..and much better images are needed of course

although just for the sake of it, before you do the 2 things above (or even spend half a minute on the bug I posted in my previous post) :

-fill missing card art first then start playing around with playmats and this new card draw stuff (or the hearthstone rip-off 3d map)
    -get sf released & fix any bugs that are still around
    RS Ayaribas - OlivTree
    High council member

Who we are & how to join us:
    Rising Sun guild thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Now that I see it, its not that bad....
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ayaribas View Post
    oh and as for feedback:

-new card drawing mechanism is clunky, nothing wrong with the way it is right now
    -playmats need more style, this just looks like a picture that you pulled horizontally & vertically and just stuck it in there..and much better images are needed of course

although just for the sake of it, before you do the 2 things above (or even spend half a minute on the bug I posted in my previous post) :

-fill missing card art first then start playing around with playmats and this new card draw stuff (or the hearthstone rip-off 3d map)
    -get sf released & fix any bugs that are still around
    +1 to everything here.

@WrathofCroft: You're right, it doesn't look bad at all. The main issues are just that the playmats could use some work and the drawing animation is awful. Other than that I'm pretty happy with it all things considered.
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs