Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pjoe0211 View Post
    would like to still see outlines of areas on playmats
    more playmats
    hope to not get stuck with old zaladar playmat for backing kickstarter
    doesnt seem to be up to par quality wise
    +1 , they seem low in quality and unfinished.
    And edge or some detail around it would make them nice. Also , I'm sure that when they said playmats no one thought of the ones available. SE has lots of better art than these. Moar mats moar sleeves!

__________S K U R A I___________

*****************THE CURSED PROSECUTOR*****************

Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the comments so far.

Feel free to suggest what playmats you would like to see!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    - I like the targeting lines, they're a nice addition.

- I absolutely hate the way cards are drawn, PLEASE keep the normal animation. The new one looks just like Hearthstone but worse. Especially if you draw multiple cards at a time (Bad Santa, Falseblood Cultist) it looks very ugly.

- Haven't had a chance to check out the playmats yet but I agree there should be a lot more than Zaladar and Speedstrike. You could start by adding Aeon, and some more ideas could be Priest of the Light, Shadow Knight, Raikka Spellseeker, War Banner, Feedback

-The dark background looks ok, can't really comment because I havent tried playmats yet.

- I love the new end-game screen, very useful to have that data. I like the idea about having a Resources Spent : Total Resources ratio.

Bugs are to be expected, not too concerned about those right now as long as they're fixed before it hits live.
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd think that more playmats would be expected pretty quickly, just testing with some well know arts, lol. I'd suggest a Blessed Protection playmat, as well as a Road Less Traveled one if there is a wide enough artwork available for that.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I really love the targeting lines and the battlefield view. I honestly like it more like this in the test server that with the 3D view, I think that it should continue like this and not change too much the way to play the game like it was shown in the video. Keep up the good work.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Feel free to suggest what playmats you would like to see!
    First and also, I think that the digital playmats should be more cheap, 500 shadow crystals is a lot (I don't know if that's the final price).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kyle, thank you for listening to fan feedback re the 3d battlefield. Means a lot to have a voice. And that thing was really awful.
    White Wolf of Rivia
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't like the way the playmats work. In my view, they should not play like physical playmats. I don't see the point of this. I just think that two big rectangles in the middle of the screen just makes the interface more cluttered.

Instead, I think that they should not be played like an actual physical mat, but should become the background for the entire interface. This would allow me to customize the appearance of my game with different decks! So instead of the current backgrounds, I could choose my own. I don't really care what playmat my opponent is playing. It doesn't effect me and it doesn't effect the game, so why bother complicating the playing area?

At the very least, please give me the option of turning off showing playmats if I find them distracting. I believe a previous comment had mentioned options. Being able to configure the interface to what I find the most comfortable/enjoyable/playable would be ideal. Everyone is a bit different, so being able to configure this would be awesome.

I also agree that the draw animations are clunky. I think that the existing draw animations are fine.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by echoenduring View Post
    I don't like the way the playmats work. In my view, they should not play like physical playmats. I don't see the point of this. I just think that two big rectangles in the middle of the screen just makes the interface more cluttered.

Instead, I think that they should not be played like an actual physical mat, but should become the background for the entire interface. This would allow me to customize the appearance of my game with different decks! So instead of the current backgrounds, I could choose my own. I don't really care what playmat my opponent is playing. It doesn't effect me and it doesn't effect the game, so why bother complicating the playing area?

At the very least, please give me the option of turning off showing playmats if I find them distracting. I believe a previous comment had mentioned options. Being able to configure the interface to what I find the most comfortable/enjoyable/playable would be ideal. Everyone is a bit different, so being able to configure this would be awesome.

I also agree that the draw animations are clunky. I think that the existing draw animations are fine.
    I think seeing your opponent's mat is the whole point to customization. Plus I like that they look like a real physical layout. I would push the game towards that end of the spectrum since it makes it more serious looking. (also compatible with the physical version)
    I think everyone will like them once more art is available.

__________S K U R A I___________

*****************THE CURSED PROSECUTOR*****************

Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.