Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lol, of course the one day I'm too busy to really play, this comes out.

And when you say new art, does that mean new card art? Or just in game art like backgrounds?
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Epic! Moar sleeves and playmats!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    Lol, of course the one day I'm too busy to really play, this comes out.

And when you say new art, does that mean new card art? Or just in game art like backgrounds?
    ..no, no more new cards so far, only 2 playmats....and a lot of new bugs
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why is there not an option to see replays of tournament matches?
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

plo
    Overall I do like the new drawing from the deck, however as Rivozzz pointed out it is not very smooth.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I haven't had the chance to check tournaments out yet, but my thoughts thus far:

Card Movement and Hand Viewing:

Personally, I don't like it. It may just be my personal preference but the way they move when you draw just doesn't seem right to me (maybe its the angle?). The zoom in feature I feel worked better when it stated in one spot instead of always being where my cursor is, but again, it may just be my personal bias in the way of this one.

Targeting Lines:

They are quite nice actually. We honestly should have had this when Drag and Drop was introduced, but its nice to finally have it. I also noticed it causes cards not to vanish from the screen for their animation and what not. It, in general, makes whats happening clearer imo.

Playmats:

Have the option to lower them a bit showing the various zones we use. Its a bit jarring to have them vanish to have the playmat and some players may want them there anyways. I'd say just have an option to turn them on or off for you or your opponent. I'd also like to see an option to bring the color back to the normal backgrounds. It may help with the color on the playmats but kinda sucks when you don't have one. Seriously! OPTIONS OPTIONS OPTIONS! The more you have, the better we can customize things to our liking which makes its much more comfortable and enjoyable to play.

Also maybe its just me, but the quality seems low on these. I'm not certain what you could do though (maybe not have such harsh edges?).

New End Screen:

I like it actually. I feel you could put all of the categories on one screen (so no need to scroll) and possibly some new categories as well? (I'm sure people more interested in that info would be able to say which ones).
    Last edited by Demnchi; 07-08-2014 at 04:54 PM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It would be great to see total resource spent in the summary stats - i think this is a big deal - some players don't spend resource well

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    I haven't had the chance to check tournaments out yet, but my thoughts thus far:

Card Movement and Hand Viewing:

Personally, I don't like it. It may just be my personal preference but the way they move when you draw just doesn't seem right to me (maybe its the angle?). The zoom in feature I feel worked better when it stated in one spot instead of always being where my cursor is, but again, it may just be my personal bias in the way of this one.

Targeting Lines:

They are quite nice actually. We honestly should have had this when Drag and Drop was introduced, but its nice to finally have it. I also noticed it causes cards not to vanish from the screen for their animation and what not. It, in general, makes whats happening clearer imo.

Playmats:

Have the option to lower them a bit showing the various zones we use. Its a bit jarring to have them vanish to have the playmat and some players may want them there anyways. I'd say just have an option to turn them on or off for you or your opponent. I'd also like to see an option to bring the color back to the normal backgrounds. It may help with the color on the playmats but kinda sucks when you don't have one. Seriously! OPTIONS OPTIONS OPTIONS! The more you have, the better we can customize things to our liking which makes its much more comfortable and enjoyable to play.

Also maybe its just me, but the quality seems low on these. I'm not certain what you could do though (maybe not have such harsh edges?).

New End Screen:

I like it actually. I feel you could put all of the categories on one screen (so no need to scroll) and possibly some new categories as well? (I'm sure people more interested in that info would be able to say which ones).
    agreed on everything.

scrolling at the end screen feels uncomfortable.

the 2 playmats are a cruel joke and priced at 500 crystals each even more so. i wouldn't pay even 50 crystals for that. the background is now darkened and unsaturated and of course blurry as always above 1024x768.

the "zoom preview" is ugly and an emergency solution to the teeny tiny cards on the playfield which have to be constantly checked cause the numbers are not rendered big enough.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    the end screen displays:

xp - ok
    gold - ok
    match time - should be renamed to "time played"
    turns played - ok
    allies played - don't care
    abilities played - don't care
    items played - don't care
    total damage - should be renamed to "damage done"
    max damage - don't care

i'd like to see:

win streak
    win/loss
    rating for both
    ranking for both
    resources spent
    allies destroyed

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i like new animation and target system
    Last edited by indastria; 07-09-2014 at 01:03 AM.
    IGN: 17 indastria
    Telegram contact: @indastria