Close

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    v2.8504 adds animated targeting lines to the AI player and during mp games / replays. For a quick demo, view the Kyle vs Kyle 2 game on the test server. I think this will be a huge step forward for the game, to actually see what the other guy is targeting!

(note that AI and now multiplayer targeting systems are under development, so there may be bugs. please report any weird things you notice)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    v2.8504 adds animated targeting lines to the AI player and during mp games / replays. For a quick demo, view the Kyle vs Kyle 2 game on the test server. I think this will be a huge step forward for the game, to actually see what the other guy is targeting!

(note that AI and now multiplayer targeting systems are under development, so there may be bugs. please report any weird things you notice)

Wait, multiplayer mode is already under development?

edit: oh by multiplayer you probably mean quick match, not 2vs2
    Last edited by Veles; 07-24-2014 at 11:27 AM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Is this something new?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ummm... Just play a game against the AI in the current live version and then play a game on the test server and see if you can see "something new"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

v2.850 Test Server

Yes you can tell the difference.
    ​Member of Alpha Predator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ummm... Just play a game against the AI in the current live version and then play a game on the test server and see if you can see "something new"
    I don't understand. The targeting lines have been on the test server for weeks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok sorry I misunderstood what you meant then. The most recent update to the test server added targeting lines to the opponent's turn as well, where previously it was only for you. So that means you get to clearly see what card your opponent is using and what they are targeting. Before, it was so easy to miss especially if the effect of the card wasn't so obvious.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok sorry I misunderstood what you meant then. The most recent update to the test server added targeting lines to the opponent's turn as well, where previously it was only for you. So that means you get to clearly see what card your opponent is using and what they are targeting. Before, it was so easy to miss especially if the effect of the card wasn't so obvious.
    Ok, got it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like it, but it does slow down replays. If I had any improvement feedback to give out its to speed up the animation a bit if possible. Its a minor problem but I'm sure it would help to find a balance between clarity and speed there. Other than that I didn't see anything glaring with the few games I watched.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I knew people would say that, "it slows down replays." It's 1 second per target. How many things do you target in a turn? Are you really complaining because the replay turn lasts 5 seconds longer? LOL Time well spent, I think

Seriously though, replay controls such as pause, fast forward, etc are on the drawing board. But I think this is one of the only CCGs that even has replays, and it's such a cool feature...