Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lance vs. Garth?

Hey all, could use some help. What I'm basically trying to figure out is how to know which Hero would go best with a deck. I understand what the abilities of Lance and Garth are but I'm never quite sure which of them might be the best whenever I work on putting a deck together. Any tips or suggestions would be most welcome, thanks!
    E T C
    Eliminate The Competition
    Embrace The Craziness

A proud member of ETC Guild
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....The-Next-Phase
    http://asfetc.shadowera.net/index.php?board=1.0

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is like comparing an apple to a pear. Two different animals here. It all depends on your playstyle. They both require two drastically different builds and approaches IMO.

I feel Garth is more on the midrange side, while Lance is more aggro-control.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Can anyone explain me the meaning of "midrange" ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks much for the input Kaos, although like chamthabo I'm not entirely clear on what you mean by midrange either.
    E T C
    Embrace The Craziness

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Midrange decks are ally-based with some removal support. They usually have a smooth casting cost curve from 2 or 3 to 5 or 6. They usually play a bit of everything: weenies, fatties, removal, draw.

They stand in the middle of the rush-stall spectrum and are built to win the game in the mid-game.

Most decks in Shadow Era are midrange decks (with slight variation in speed).
    Last edited by FDL; 07-06-2014 at 03:18 AM.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks Fou, that helped
    E T C
    Embrace The Craziness

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks, FDL.

And for OP, I personally think Garth is easier to play than Lance, maybe the easiest of 3 rogues, just kill everything your opponent put on board and keep it going.
    Last edited by chamthabo; 07-06-2014 at 05:15 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't remeber when but i saw a comment here that can tell the difference between them
    First we must remeber that all rogues are mostly control heroes. They lack strong begginings (due to lack of direct damage) and are not build proprerly for millstalking (usually, there are still some serena builds for mil)
    the main difference between them is that Lance is better at taking the board and Garth is better is keeping the board
    What this means is that once Garth has some Board presence it is very easy for him to keep the board (meaning handling the opposite allies) due to his ability to conflict a lot of damage using his ability
    Lance on the other hand is better at regaining board control due to his ability to haste ambush and stealth his allies with his ability. Since there are some exceptional allies that help him he can make a great comeback out of nowhere (Raven, Riders, AEON, Jasmine, etc`).
    With this at mind you can build a proper deck.
    Remember that Garth need to keep allies on board to maintain control so stealthed allies are needed. He also don't need hard hitting Allies to contrlo the board. Lance don't need as much stealthed allies but he prefer hard hitting allies that can come from behind and help him regain board

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by segalion View Post
    Don't remeber when but i saw a comment here that can tell the difference between them
    First we must remeber that all rogues are mostly control heroes. They lack strong begginings (due to lack of direct damage) and are not build proprerly for millstalking (usually, there are still some serena builds for mil)
    the main difference between them is that Lance is better at taking the board and Garth is better is keeping the board
    What this means is that once Garth has some Board presence it is very easy for him to keep the board (meaning handling the opposite allies) due to his ability to conflict a lot of damage using his ability
    Lance on the other hand is better at regaining board control due to his ability to haste ambush and stealth his allies with his ability. Since there are some exceptional allies that help him he can make a great comeback out of nowhere (Raven, Riders, AEON, Jasmine, etc`).
    With this at mind you can build a proper deck.
    Remember that Garth need to keep allies on board to maintain control so stealthed allies are needed. He also don't need hard hitting Allies to contrlo the board. Lance don't need as much stealthed allies but he prefer hard hitting allies that can come from behind and help him regain board
    That's a pretty good analysis. Lance is the comeback man, Garth likes tempo and constant control. That being said Garth does a pretty good job of coming back with his ability, Viska and his weapons.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah...hands down the most effective Rogue at winning is Garth.

He can retake board as easily as he holds it. Lance is a one trick pony.

Go Garth or go a different faction.
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate