Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Question Help with creating both shadow and human decks

All right guys.
    I'm new here so if it isn't best place for this thread - please, change it.
    Let's start. I want to play with Majiya and Eladwen. Of course not in one deck, I'm not THAT dumb. I can't decide what mage I prefer so I want to create two decks. Problem is I don't really know how. I tried to read guides and tips for mages but with new cards etc. I'm pretty confused.
    I bought shadow and mage decks and few more cards like 3 portals and 3 bad santas. I have 2k gold for shopping. Any ideas?

Also someone can tell me how to make card list in post? I don't want to upload over 9000 pics of cards :s

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You should focus on only one for now. They're both Mages, but the Human and Shadow pools are vastly different, and you don't have enough gold at the moment to split between them.
    -If you're looking for a cheap but effective deck for quick match, stick with Eladwen; you can build a mean rush deck without too many expensive cards, and there are plenty of variations for you to find one you like.
    -If you want to make use of the Portals you've bought and/or have overall stronger lategame allies, I'd go with Majiya, since the heavier Shadow allies are insanely strong when hasted in. The only problem I can see is how expensive some of them are.
    As for cards you can use in both decks, Fireball, Lightning Strike/Meteor Strike, and Tome of Knowledge are almost necessities, imo.

If you have any specific questions about cards or deckbuilding feel free to ask.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I already have
    portal x4
    fireball x4
    bad santa x4 (I feel better with them than with tome of knowledge)
    Supernova x2
    Ironhide karash x4
    Bloodlust x3
    And all cards like shadowspan etc (I bought shadow mage deck, started with human mage deck and bought elemental deck for gold)
    I really wanted to play with Eladwen but it is hard for me and I don't really know what I'm doing wrong. Propably my deck is build in terrible way cause I don't have experience. Could you tell me something about both so I could choose one? But pls, don't send me to otherg guides etc. only. Most of them are strategies for more experienced and Wtzky's guides for mages are outdated (There are tons of new cardsa right now)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    search preybird , an expert player... he has breakdown of many heroes... he also has added basic decks.... check them
    IGN AA1 DARKCROSSBOW dont call me a noob, say something that I dont know of

lone wolf of the east

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....Guide-To-Traps

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    if you are new in game use eladwen... using majiya is more complex than eladwen
    IGN AA1 DARKCROSSBOW dont call me a noob, say something that I dont know of

lone wolf of the east

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....Guide-To-Traps

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, I heard that Eladwen is easier for fresh players, but I have more wins with Majiya. I don't really know why, maybe I accidentaly build better deck for her

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No guides, huh? They could probably explain this better than I can, but I'll give it a shot.

-When players think "Eladwen", players think "rush". She's well-suited to sprinting out of the gate with everything she's got, flooding the board with cheap but strong allies to bring her opponent as low as she can, and then if/when her opponent eventually gains board control with their bigger allies, she switches to spells to finish them off. Being brought down to 8 or less HP against Eladwen is generally considered a loss. Key cards are Kristoffer Wyld, Puwen Bloodhelm/Fatebreak Familiar, Aldon the Brave, Fireball, Lightning Strike, Supernova, etc.
    -Majiya is slower than Eladwen and her ability is weaker from a board control perspective, but if she gets to late-game she can roll her burst and board control into one with a mix of Portal and the allies available to her. She generally has cheap but tough-to-kill allies to help her have some presence early on while she waits for what she needs, and then from turn 4 and onward, she looks for a prime opportunity to play a Portal and keep her opponent on the defensive for the next two turns. Her spells are really supplementary compared to their necessity in Eladwen decks, imo. Key cards are Ironhide Karash, Infernal Gargoyle, Shadow Knight, Portal, Fireball, Sacrifical Lamb, etc.

These are by no means the only ways to play each hero; you could build a stall/control Eladwen, or a rush Majiya, if you really wanted to. These are just the most common archetypes I have seen.