Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Why do people Quit Matches?

I know RL reasons, I am wondering if there are others.

- I have had a few people quit early where it says the match was too short for any XP & gold. I even had one guy with the same deck I got matched with twice in a row quit both times right on Turn 1 leaving me wonder if his Hero is considered an auto-loss against mine.
    I also wonder if some people know they have a good chance of losing and either quit for that reason or to protect their rating.

- I had a few quit at a later point. One quit when I dropped a certain card, buffed it, did my business then passed the turn.

- Just how do you know when to quit? I never have partly because I forget how and I tend to play my games out even if I believe I will lose at some point.
    There are times I'll make up words and slip them into conversations just to see if anyone is actually protempifying to what I'm saying. - I'm not normal

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As Kyle mentions in this post Wulven are considering penalties for early game quitters:

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....l=1#post501682
    "When torrential water tosses boulders, it is because of its momentum.
    When the strike of a hawk breaks the body of its prey, it is because of timing."

- Sun Tzu

Proud Member of ETC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It really depends. If its during the first four turns usually its someone that doesn't want to go through the hassle of playing from behind if you got a great start. Also, it could be because the person realizes your hero is a bad matchup for them so it would just be easier to quit. Another reason could be that that the person could be fed up with losing to same deck/hero so they'll cut there loses from the start instead of playing out the game (ie Two examples are the old aramia wisp deck and a rush/burn eladwen). As for quitting later, more then likely the person realizes the game is lost so what's the point of playing it to the end when you're just going to lose.

As for how to quit politely....well then just go and select quick match in the menu and click on yes when the popup says this will count as a lose.
    Mage Guardian of Gilead
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I quit if the game is a lost cause. Like if I have 0 chance to regain the board, an auto-lose matchup, no way to win given my remaining cards etc.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i am definitely not an early quitter, but when i had to quit, my rating dropped - even til turn 3
    Where is this... Balor?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I quit when I'm sure I'm going to lose. It doesn't matter when you quit (even if its your 1st turn) your rating will drop for some amount.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Eh I don't quit. I find it disrespectful to the person your playing. Sure I can tell when a game is a lost cause but I play until the end because A)You never know (I have come back before) and B)It's what you do when you're a good sport.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Achi113s View Post
    A)You never know (I have come back before)
    Fair enough.

B)It's what you do when you're a good sport.
    That's assuming everybody enjoys going through the motions of finishing the game.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Eh I don't quit. I find it disrespectful to the person your playing. Sure I can tell when a game is a lost cause but I play until the end because A)You never know (I have come back before) and B)It's what you do when you're a good sport.
    i find it disrespectful when someone who clearly lost (and that is very easy to see in shadow era because of the lack of swipes) prolongs the game unnecessarily.
    i am rather happy when someone quits because it's like: SURPRISE you won!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There's also the quitting after successive games. If you end a match and rejoin quick enough, there's a decent probability of playing the same adversary (assuming he did the same), so you'll probably want to skip that match. Specially if it was a bad or long match.

But that's a special kind of early quitting because it's instantaneous and not after t3/4.
    IGN: LDL kuhuru GMT -3h

Representante do Brasil no Street Fighter World Warrior Tournament

Member of: {LDL} "LEGION DE DRAGONES LATINOS"
    "Con la fuerza de un dragon, venceremos"