Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmm, still kinda confused why Kylt is so angsty towards farming decks. Don't judge that cat from this - he normally gives great advice and insight, certainly has posted his share of good decks too. I know he hates grinding/farming -> sane people do. To me there is a difference farming and grinding. Grinding is when it really sucks, Farming is simply harvesting the gold you need.

He really did bring up a fair point: Why suggest spending gold to make gold (aside from the obvious)? In a word - TIME.

SeAiGameVsBoris.jpg - VS Boris (I went first).

VICTORY!
    +200 XP G +40
    |<- 74809/151100 ->|
    Match Time Turns Played
    00:02:58 5
    7 Allies Played 2 Abilities Played
    |<- 7/0 ->| |<- 0/2 ->|
    3 Items Played 31 Total Damage
    |<- 2/1 ->| |<- 30/1 ->|

Erm, okay this is odd. I played a few games until I got a game where I went first against Boris. Technically, that is the hardest match you can face off against (at least normally). Both this farming deck and the final version of Boris in the AI have a second turn advantage. Rather than getting a typical match though I played the most bizarre and yet the best game I have ever had against AI Boris. I was expecting a game that went to T6-7 that was around 4-5 min. Instead I actually get a game that had I gone second I would have taken him down on T4. So yeah, this is actually news to me ... it is actually possible to get a game that only goes to T4 against even the Warriors. Nice. The game I played was odd in that I never had the chance to use N. Advantage or Zal's ability. Also, I had one more ally I could have attacked with for 5 dmg (a cute little spark buddy). So, rather than keep playing till I actually get the worst case scenario kind of game I was trying for I figured I'd share this match instead. This game was informative at least to me. It really reinforces what I was saying about the robustness of this deck. Getting a match against Boris under three minutes is unusual. Maybe more common if you are really amped and intense about it - I was watching Netflix. If you want consistent 3 minute matches go torture the other AI heroes with this deck. Just be warned -> if you play against the priests which are easiest to fight they are also the only class that has any chance at all to beat you. You have to get drunk, really REALLY drunk (pass out mid-game, them wake up at 4 in the morning still drunk), have bad draws ... and the priest has to get lucky enough to hit you with both Ice storm and T. Wave, and even then it's hard to lose - just makes the game a lot longer. I suppose you can lose if you are brand new to this game using this deck and make silly mistakes like attacking all the creatures that the AI puts out.

I have always known this to be a strong build, but I found this match shocking. Sure on that last turn I could have used Zals ability and the remaining spark to kill the ally he had out - but what's the point? Still having 11 points more of dmg that I could have done what-ever with says a lot.

But yeah, why make this deck? 3 minute matches and you basically have to throw the game to lose. At my rating and Kylt's normal rating (he was lower than usual last night) ranked games take a lot longer and the matches aren't guaranteed wins. Tell me instead Kylt if you were brand new to this game, had no library, don't know if you are going to like this game enough to spend money on it why wouldn't you make this deck? Would you really prefer to run around with Nish? Also the 2800 gold difference in my deck and the one you posted is a huge deal when you have no gold at all.
    Last edited by highmystica; 07-24-2016 at 12:43 AM. Reason: typo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Update is coming for the new starters (the build won't change until the ai is updated). The price is different (cheaper or the same). Hope it helps you new kitties.