Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Victor Heartstriker. Knowing your enemy.

I just want to start this off by saying I'm in now way a master Victor player. I do however believe that he is one of the best hero's out there. You really need to know what his early game combo moves are especially with his new bag of goodies. Any advice from pro Victor players is always welcome on my posts. Preybird and veles especially. Now that that is out of the way I have an idea. Does anyone out there believe that Victor can be a semi rush hero if you include a few more t2 drops? Coi is very useful going both first and second I believe. Maybe include 6 to 7 t2 drops to get your early game going. Then rely on Victors amazing board control strategy to recycle gambits bobcats or my personal favorite the poision arrow. I have been having a lot of success with Victor and I'm seeing a lot of hate towards him based on his new cards. But I mean he'll every hero is op if someone knows how to properly use them. Suggestions and opinions are welcomed by all. Preferably Victor players.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just something I also use in my victor deck. While you wait for your se to charge up in between, playing fortified wisp + thunderstrike construct is a good way to maintain board pressure, not to mention construct can be used with victor ability anyway and wisp is just annoying to get rid off, especially when you follow disable cards with a A legend rises.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah that's an interesting combo. The thing that always puzzles me is should I go with the mid range guys or the smaller ones. Generally in my deck I carry 20 allies. I mix up the composition of course but I find with Victor if you can get the early game he is almost impossible to beat. The new hunter cards synergize so well with Victor. Once you learn his style of play which I believe to be control/aggro he is one of the best hero's in the game now in my opinion. It's just Idk where to fit in the heavys in my deck. I'll post it here before long. But I must Say I'm on a steady rise upwards knocking off some good opponents.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Personally I don't really run too much of the "fat" allies in my Victor deck. I run 3 types of fatties in my deck, with 3 of each: Armoured Sandworm, Aeon Stormwalker and Knight of Unaxio. Knight of Unaxio, once it survives one turn, gets to be a 5/7, increasing in 2/2 every turn, 3/3 if behind Aeon. This is my favorite synergy with Victor's ability recycling.

I previously tried to use deepwood bobcats and such for a semi rush, but it really lacks the speed and power the rest of the rush decks have. And also I really despise venomflame archers and deepwood bobcats as they clog up my graveyard T.T While rush decks rely on small allies, Victor's general set of cards imho can't really protect them from a certain death. Also, most rush heroes have either high damage dealing abilities (Eladwen), or a 3 SE hero ability (Amber). Victor's ability does not really help with rush, and you don't even regain board control (early game) by using the ability - you still need to cast Hunter's Gambit/Poison arrow to kill the opposing ally. That's 2 resources gone.

Imho the human hunter set of cards are not really suited for rush due to the lack of direct damage (Eladwen). A semi rush may be viable, but may be hard to attain without FTA

Just my piece of mind ^^

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Victor is more typically a control hero who relies on card advantage to set up his win condition. However, I do feel with the addition of Allies like Deepwood Bobcat, Viska and the new Twilights in the Shattered Fates set that he can also play a more mid-game beatdown style.

But my preference is to use those allies in a Ythan deck, whose ability is more suited to the mid-game beatdown style and play Victor to his strength, which is control IMO.
    "When torrential water tosses boulders, it is because of its momentum.
    When the strike of a hawk breaks the body of its prey, it is because of timing."

- Sun Tzu

Proud Member of ETC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You all make very good points with deck construction. It's always evolving I guess. After work I will post my deck I've been using to steadily rise in the ranks. Criticsm is welcome but try to to be to brutal lol. Last night before the ratings reset I was a 237. I know thats not something to brag about. However I was taking down all sorts of hero's in the 250 to 275 rating. Can't wait to see what it can do this season. Anyways thanks for the input fellas.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You all make very good points with deck construction. It's always evolving I guess. After work I will post my deck I've been using to steadily rise in the ranks. Criticsm is welcome but try to to be to brutal lol. Last night before the ratings reset I was a 237. I know thats not something to brag about. However I was taking down all sorts of hero's in the 250 to 275 rating. Can't wait to see what it can do this season. Anyways thanks for the input fellas.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have been saying that victor has to have counter to t2 karash when Vic is going second. It's like if you don't have PA to deal with karash on t2, then it's almost gameover there.

Twilight opportunist can help counter karash, but t3 krygon + karash kills her so...
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    I have been saying that victor has to have counter to t2 karash when Vic is going second. It's like if you don't have PA to deal with karash on t2, then it's almost gameover there.

Twilight opportunist can help counter karash, but t3 krygon + karash kills her so...
    Puwen + Aldon/TH does the job as well, or Snare Trap.

Victor's ability is geared towards control by its nature. He is unable to deal significant amount of damage early on. Therefor he can't rush effectively. Even in a deck with rush structure you will still be forced to control the board at any given time. Hunter card pool doesn't really support rush and aggro too well, because there is no strong direct damage (that Eladwen has) nor cheap control that deals (almost) permanently with allies (Amber with CB), that will allow you to ignore allies and beat on hero.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I see where your coming from. On the other hand tho ALR is Nasty suprise I have to help rein in warriors who think Cb will let alone save them from a decent ally. In my experience warrior players tend to forget about a crippled ally which is a perfect time to cast it. I have single handedly beaten warriors with that card alone. Now against mages then yes of course I can not keep up with skilled mages for rush. If they slip however it becomes a little more feasible and makes for a good fight. I will also say I'm ha ing a bit of trouble with moonstalker. I think by far he's one of Victors hardest matchups. Also on the point of him being less of an aggro player. I'd say it depends on if your going first or second. If I'm going turn 2 I immediately shift to a control type strategy. Turn one with my 2 cc allies I go straight for the throat. It usually works if you know what your doing. On a different not I hate blood frenzy and think it should have never been made.