Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ythan Crusader

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Ythan Crusader

Hi guys, I wanted to share my deck with you guys, I've been booking great results with it!

1x Ythan (39+1)

3x puwen
    2x aldon
    2x poison arrow
    1x LLN
    3x WOTF
    1x crimson vest
    1x artful squire
    2x treasured heirloom
    4x layarian seductress
    2x legend rises
    4x zailen crusader
    3x viska
    4x raven's gamblit
    3x bobcat
    2x decoy trap
    2x spirit shuriken

word of the prophet sleeves

The deck is really fun to play and sometimes you can do 12 damage with a single bobcat!
    I think decoy trap is really good, especially vs Zaladar; it will protect your crusader in order to summon bobcat and gamblit the next turn, which is the main combo of the deck.
    Furthermore, Viska + Ythan is so good to regain the bord.
    Spirit Shuriken is there to kill fatties and prevents your opponent from swarming the board, it's especially good vs Tala, Moonstalker etc.

Test it out and let me know what you think of it!
    For weekly free SE Crystals visit

https://www.facebook.com/ShadoweraShop

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks good and interesting, ill try it out. But the thing is it seems the deck revolves around fighting for board control if I'm not mistaken? or at least it doesn't seem like there's any allies comboed with Ythan ability able to dish out big damage to the hero.

The problem with this is that it makes Ythan redundant since his ability's only advantage is the amazing amount of damage he can deal and so would be best to use on hero. Otherwise you might as well use Victor, he is a lot stronger than Ythan at controlling the board.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The deck is built to control the board indeed, without using the Ythan's power. This enables you to hit the hero with Viska or bobcat for at least 8 damage. And like I've mentioned earlier: I've hit my opp for even twelve damage, which puts him in defence mode immediately
    Furthermore, I really like te fact that Ythan's power does not rely on the opp, while Vic's does (your opp meeds to have an allie)
    This way (especially with Viska) you can always activate his power.
    I'll say: try it and see of you can find some improvements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm quite surprised lol I have to say this deck does quite well.

I pretty much always have to use the ability to attack allies in the start otherwise I lose all board control, but coupled with spirit, poison, crusader and seductress, regaining and maintaining the board is quite manageable.

Again victor would have an easier time doing this, but Ythan with this deck excels at after gaining board control or semi control, you can summon seductresses one after the other, place decoy traps or use poison arrows and use your ability to pretty much rush the hero and win within 3 turns.

Great balance between board damage and hero damage, I like it lol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Glad you like it! Yeah maybe takig over the board is easier with Vic, however it's just so satisfying to kick their hero with a buffed Viska out of nowhere. If the meta is heavy alloes based, then I would take Vic, but if you face some sole decks here and there, then I would pick Ythan.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ye im saving this deck for future plays lol, but I still want to find a stronger build for a rush Ythan to kill the hero very fast. How's your experience in building a Ythan that goes for the throat foremost?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cool deck idea for Ythan - I had wondered what may be a good way to go with him. I felt that the Haste concept needed to be stronger so I did tweak it a little after and kind of came up with this variation for you to look at:

3x Kris
    2x Aldon
    2x Poison Arrow
    1x LLN
    2x WotF
    3x Fleet-footed Messenger
    4x Layarian Seductress
    2x The Perfect Shot
    2x Treasured Heirloom
    2x A Legend Rises
    2x Zailen Crusader
    2x Viska
    1x Irina
    4x Hunters Gambit
    4x Bobcat
    2x Decoy Trap
    1x Dawn Raid

I removed a WotF to make way for the Dawn Raid
    1 more bobcat and 1 less Viska - when hasted and even later the added ambush is very good
    Kris and Fleet foot become Fireballs add Aldon and they can be lightning bolts or 6 damage unanswered
    Kris teams up well with anything
    + F-f M special sort/draw ability
    Perfect shots for a little Vic style removal (Kris and FFM)
    Irina + Aldon make a nice combo for the Ythan effect free
    Yes only 1 Zailen but the ability though very good is not that needed as more haste
    removed the weapon - good in the right situation but not reliable enough all the time, Perfect shots can really help here instead
    added 1 more Poison Arrow (replaced the vest, I think with more haste should be able to keep the pressure on)

seems to be plenty of draw, control, and pop when you need it. I'm sure there are other variations not to mention if ever useable in the current meta would need a proper sideboard - (Eriss is another good 1 of candidate for this deck, also Birgitte could add some more control as well as team with the Decoy traps for longer lasting protector)

Fun deck though good job
    Last edited by tafkad; 06-30-2014 at 06:36 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tafkad View Post
    Cool deck idea for Ythan - I had wondered what may be a good way to go with him. I felt that the Haste concept needed to be stronger so I did tweak it a little after and kind of came up with this variation for you to look at:

3x Kris
    2x Aldon
    3x Poison Arrow
    1x LLN
    2x WotF
    3x Fleet-footed Messenger
    4x Layarian Seductress
    2x The Perfect Shot
    2x Treasured Heirloom
    2x A Legend Rises
    1x Zailen Crusader
    2x Viska
    1x Irina
    4x Hunters Gambit
    4x Bobcat
    2x Decoy Trap
    1x Dawn Raid

I removed a WotF to make way for the Dawn Raid
    1 more bobcat and 1 less Viska - when hasted and even later the added ambush is very good
    Kris and Fleet foot become Fireballs add Aldon and they can be lightning bolts or 6 damage unanswered
    Kris teams up well with anything
    + F-f M special sort/draw ability
    Perfect shots for a little Vic style removal (Kris and FFM)
    Irina + Aldon make a nice combo for the Ythan effect free
    Yes only 1 Zailen but the ability though very good is not that needed as more haste
    removed the weapon - good in the right situation but not reliable enough all the time, Perfect shots can really help here instead
    added 1 more Poison Arrow (replaced the vest, I think with more haste should be able to keep the pressure on)

seems to be plenty of draw, control, and pop when you need it. I'm sure there are other variations not to mention if ever useable in the current meta would need a proper sideboard - (Eriss is another good 1 of candidate for this deck, also Birgitte could add some more control as well as team with the Decoy traps for longer lasting protector)

Fun deck though good job
    Ill give this a try but its really not the same, I would say its a different concept entirely. Not having crusaders hurts gambit and heirloom combo and bobcat combo potential at 4cc

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by rhonn1n View Post
    Not having crusaders hurts gambit and heirloom combo and bobcat combo potential at 4cc
    Sub a couple more in if you need em, take out 1 poison arrow and 1 fleet foot to quickly add 2 more - I understand what you are getting at with wanting the 3 card combo to have a better chance of working on t5 so tweak as needed or disregard completely.

It is a variation but not so different really, yes taking out 3 Zailen is the biggest change and no 2 power t2 (arrows & gambit get t2), but playing seductress means management & the other suggestions are slight variations that also try to make more use of his original haste theme as a factor for direct damage. Hasting 1 Bobcat t5 and even buffing is good but to haste and buff t5 is at least a 4 card combo with the possible need of a single target for gambits, so a passive 5th card needed depending on which card is played to activate the haste (no target needed for a trap summon). Say what? 1. Crusader 2. Bobcat 3. Buff attachment 4. Haste card [5. Possible target for haste card] and the Crusader must survive from t4. Again a strong play with Ythan's ability, but it does not have to be the only win condition with even faster creatures. I'll edit that original variation to at least 2 Crusader's and let you have it from there. A first turn damage play that keeps hitting for 1 or 2 more turns is a lot, a 2nd turn answer to any first turn 1 toughness non-defender is a great counter. Kris killing first, then t2 gambit and Kris again for a kill and 2 cards is amazing (or P Arrow Kris the gambit next turn). That way if the Crusader is not there or dies and you are back to 6cc hasted Bobcat's and then the gambit's need targets as well so only 2 for sure in the trap cards (the other attachments don't grant haste to Bob) you have some other tactics for pain. An Aldmor Accelerator might even be useable t5 with the speed and the needed repeat Hero function asap. Double shot a 1/1 on t4 built in haste 2/1 drop Aldon 3/1 swing for 6 unanswered ambush points with Kris, with 2 possible kills at 3 each (add on any other allied damage available). Turn 5 AA ping 2 SE swing if you got em (another Kris?), t6 ping 4SE Hasted Bob most likely, or Viska either way double swinging for 8+. You can go Kris, Kris, Aldon <> FFM, then combo on t4. Lot of early board fight if need, then lay out the Crusader, poison arrows (more arrows might even be crucial early) gambit etc and it gets faster, keep swinging haste. T6 on should be no probs with regards to resources and CC if you took the board and have card advantage you should be okay.

I don't know, either way the original idea from SES Night is cool, have fun at best with any variation.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @ tafkad,

Yeah your idea is a different concept, but thanks for the input!
    My deck struggles very hard vs High HP decks, as tala, Elimentalis and Gravebone.
    A legend rises on a Viska or Bobcat has won me too many games haha!