Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i agree 44 cards for a QM-based deck indeed seems optimal. given all the new SF cards and strategies, u need more tech than u used to. ofc this does not apply to every hero, but with so many completely different play-styles currently seen 'out there' i tend to run slightly bigger decks too

...this Serena is a very very solid deck indeed. sure, with the slightly bigger deck and quite a few 1-ofs u end up in matches where u simply don't draw what u need, but that happens to every deck at some point. however this build is capable of some super-comebacks which i personally do like a lot. it is quite obvious u've put a lot effort in building and tweaking it.

i have taken this for a spin in QM this weekend and it's already earned me quite a few rude words from my opponents, so it's definitely good! xD

PS - be aware of solo-Jericho, i have faced one yesterday and he was able to damage me with Embers of the Just despite my equipped Spelleater Bands. i have already posted this in bug section and it's been confirmed and added to bug-list (by Danae) - hopefully will get fixed soon, luckily tho, there aint so many solo-Jeri builds )))
    Last edited by 4Ak; 06-30-2014 at 09:55 AM.
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    top 3 QM ladder with Serena all the way...wow! amazing accomplishment!
    INDO Language Sub-Forum

[SF]Solo Nish/Loest
    Ythan Redthorn, Rush of the Twilight Deck
    Zaladar, Alpha Strike Deck
    Bloodfang, Howl of the Pack Deck

Eyes of the Phoenix
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Dragon
    Favorite SE activity: Meltdown & Deck-Building
    Favorite Card: Anklebreaker
    Favorite Hero: Majiya

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, im gonna try this one. I was so sad to see the demise of my dp serena. The aim of that deck was to destroy every draw engine. Never had the heart to try a new one in sf, with all those cantrips and other non permanent draw. 4 times ffm? For assasination?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Michiel78 View Post
    Well, im gonna try this one. I was so sad to see the demise of my dp serena. The aim of that deck was to destroy every draw engine. Never had the heart to try a new one in sf, with all those cantrips and other non permanent draw. 4 times ffm? For assasination?
    Yes, for assassination.
    serena is surely fighting hard for board control usually, so ffm and assasination really help you when you need to regain board under hard situation like buffed wisp tala, aw aramia, dakrath, or viska while you have weak board presence

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oooo... Imma gonna try this.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Edge, thanks for posting your Serena deck! I got hooked on her in CotC days and would love to have her back! I will try your deck and hope for the best!
    Thanks man, post more on the forums. If you've played that long you definitely have something to add!
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for this!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Very interesting deck. I only have a few games with it so far, but won more than I lost.

It has a slow start, I think that it would really benefit from something that gives a bit of speed but man, I really came to appreciate those fleet foots, any turn you have 1 resource and need something, give a spin and see what comes up. Pulled a lot of life saving cards with them.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Khamya9 View Post
    Very interesting deck. I only have a few games with it so far, but won more than I lost.

It has a slow start, I think that it would really benefit from something that gives a bit of speed but man, I really came to appreciate those fleet foots, any turn you have 1 resource and need something, give a spin and see what comes up. Pulled a lot of life saving cards with them.
    Yes, this deck is really relatively slow in the beginning. Need to set up nightshade, igg, or maybe blackgarb to defend from all early disadvantage for serena and be ready to strike back when everything is set up. Opponents usually already have only 2 or 3 cards left in hand while we have 1 supply card for every destruction from igg.
    It is common when i turn the game from almost lose to a comeback with health below 10 hp.
    but it is really the art of "serena" playstyle i think