Close

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You can get 4 of every common and uncommon and 4 of half the rares in this game for a 10 dollar investment. If anything, I worry that this game doesn't cost enough. To hear people complain about prices when the hours of entertainment provided cost less than a movie baffles me. It's a great project. If you believe in it, and can't be bothered to pay the price for it's progress, you're just cheap.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfan View Post
    1. While this is true, the least he could do is not be misleading. 1.x implies a full game that has been patched. Shadow Era is not a full game that has been patched. It is part of a set (incomplete game) that has been patched. The other huge problem is that SE is marketed as a TCG/CCG but it isn't. The "cards" are not static like actual cards. The only time a card should change is having it's text changed to fit rules and rules erratas. In other words, if you release a card game let it be a card game. If you're in the process of developing a card game say you're in the process of developing a card game.
    2. Free is not an excuse for bad design decisions. Gamers are seemingly the only group of people who allows this excuse to fly. When you listen to free music is it ok if the music is bad because it's free or do you listen to something else? If you're watching free TV and the show is bad do you keep watching because "hey it's free so I can't complain" or do you change the channel? I'm not saying SE is a bad game btw, I'm just saying that if it were bad free wouldn't excuse it.
    1. To this, a lot of us have said before since he does not intend to allow card trading, that it be changed to CCG. Also, I don't really buy the "he says it's done but it's in development" thing. So what if the set isn't done. You don't pay for anything unless you want to, and if you're going to pay real money without doing any reading up on the game, it's your own fault for being careless with your money. I mean, it's not like he tries to hide the fact that the base set is still being worked on.

2. No one said, "well if it's free who cares if it sucks". And if you don't think SE is bad, then what was your point? It's free, therefore we can't expect it to be perfect. So there were bugs, he fixed most of them. Game needs more balancing, he's constantly trying to fix that, but then other people start complaining "hey, my cards keep changing."

I mean, it's gotten to the point where no matter what he does, people will complain, cry fowl, and point their fingers at Kyle.
    My music.
    Cthulhu fhtagn...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1. He doesn't hide it, but 1.xx should be changed to 0.xx to show that the game is still in a sorta beta-ish state at best. A very cleaned up and tidy beta with a lot of hard work being put into it.

2. Why shouldn't I expect something that is free to be as good as something that isn't? If I am seeking entertainment I am seeking the best bang for my buck, and if it's better for me to spend 10 dollars to watch a movie than it didn't matter what price this game was at, it still failed.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like you Montag. You talk sense.
    A1 Manic Brewmaker - Theorycrafter - General Peanut Gallery - Maker of Perfect Nonsense - All Around Stupendous Badass
    My View on Shadow Era, it's meta, and forumites: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....l-with-it-.-.-.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Honestly what i have seen are people who "ran the OP Deck" Etiher Eld or Zal and after nerfs they cry and whine about it. Deal with it its a game. Ever play an MMO? stuff changes.

Peronsally i think Kyle (and Calmdown) are doing a great job so far with this game. Keep up the great work guys. My elementalis deck got uber nerfed but that just means time to change heroes.
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by N3rd4Christ View Post
    Ever play an MMO? stuff changes.
    And this is the issue. SE is advertised as a TCG, not as an MMO. If one of the big features is that cards are just names for Kyle to switch mechanics on as he sees fits without regards to the actual card aspect of a card game than he should be up front with that. What a TCG player and what an MMO player want are likely entirely different things.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I guess constructive criticism is not only "not bad" but it's something what Kyle wants and needs. And from this angle any talking about "hey, it's free game so give us a break" doesn't have a sense.

At the other hand - this is a game that "might" be a free game but we all know that pretty much players pays $$ and owner of this game earns reasonable money (otherwise He/She wouldn't care about doing anything here). And because of that I (as a player) expect a product that won't have any major bugs and will be secured (as good as it is possible) from any exploits etc. Because "game balance" is a thing that will be worked out during days/weeks/years of playing but technical things (like extremly broken cards, exploits, security) are completely on owner's side.
    Hall of Shame: OAKIO, RyanExc, DontForget64, Koffe, Oakening, janey, sibarggo, Perfect Tommy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Meh, I'm done talking about this. I like what Montag says, and I agree with Nerd. My reasoning is different, but he's correct in spirit. I started a thread about this.

Also, Gamers ruin games.
    A1 Manic Brewmaker - Theorycrafter - General Peanut Gallery - Maker of Perfect Nonsense - All Around Stupendous Badass
    My View on Shadow Era, it's meta, and forumites: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....l-with-it-.-.-.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I know what Unfun means. MMO are modeled after paper RPGs which release balance fixes quite frequently... no they don't actually because they are printed on paper and that would be silly.

MMOs release balance fixes, not because they are MMOs but because they are computer games run by a central company. It makes perfect sense for an online card game to follow the same model, because, unlike paper card games, they can use that tool to make a better game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfan View Post
    2. Why shouldn't I expect something that is free to be as good as something that isn't?
    What? O_O
    Sure, I'd like some one to make a car that's just as good as any $20,000 car, but it be free. Maybe I could find some one to make a $400 laptop for free too.
    My music.
    Cthulhu fhtagn...