Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

A problem (in my opinion)

Maybe I shouldn't, but I depend a lot on Blood Frenzy in my deck. I rarely win if it doesn't come in the first 5-6 turns. This causes 2 problems.

1. I never want to go over 30 cards, to make it as likely as possible to get the card.

2. It adds a lot of randomness to the game - I often lose for just being really unlucky and not getting the card.

The simple solution from this is that we should be able to have more than 4 Blood Frenzies. Any suggestions?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BluFoot View Post
    Maybe I shouldn't, but I depend a lot on Blood Frenzy in my deck. I rarely win if it doesn't come in the first 5-6 turns. This causes 2 problems.

1. I never want to go over 30 cards, to make it as likely as possible to get the card.

2. It adds a lot of randomness to the game - I often lose for just being really unlucky and not getting the card.

The simple solution from this is that we should be able to have more than 4 Blood Frenzies. Any suggestions?
    If you depend on one card to win the game for you, then you obviously have no idea how to build, not a competitive, but a simple, decent deck. Have you played a ccg-tcg before? This is the only game that allows you to play 4 copies in 30-card decks, and many of the balance problems originate in this fact.
    You say we have a lot of randomness, I say we have too little. In most games, we have drawn almost every card by the 4th turn. If you need more card drawing add a couple of Bazaar.
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you want more reliable drawing power you need to add a few bazaars and/or bad santas. I think you are looking at this from the wrong persperctive: Blood Frenzy is a luxury no other class has (even though research is almost as good) and while many decks *have* to resort to bazaar/bad santa, you can.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

While I don't agree that you should be able to run more than 4 Frenzies, I understand where you're coming from. I run 4 Wizent's Staffs in my Jericho deck and when I don't find one it can be a pretty rough game. My deck is a defensive minded control deck packed with answers. So I *need* to be able to out draw my opponent to find the correct answers.

Luckily, using Shannong's probability calculator: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....r-deck-designs you do end up with a roughly 82% chance of drawing at least one out of four Blood Frenzies in a 30 card deck by turn four. So when ever that doesn't happen, I just chalk it up to horrible luck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Kadun;31751]While I don't agree that you should be able to run more than 4 Frenzies, I understand where you're coming from. I run 4 Wizent's Staffs in my Jericho deck and when I don't find one it can be a pretty rough game. My deck is a defensive minded control deck packed with answers. So I *need* to be able to out draw my opponent to find the correct answers. QUOTE]

Try playing Hunter for once, you will then know what having no draw power really means =P nothign we can "find" we are just stuck to managing and living off say 5-7 reosucess and hope we can steal some cards from you to survive.
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Seriously? Blood frenzy is ridiculous, 1 damage per turn is nothign in exchange for the extra card you get. Heck as a hunter i would pay 2 per turn to get an extra card. Blood frenzy is +4 in all warrior decks or it should be as its power is ridiculous, I believe its a 48% chance you get it in your starting hand which is pretty good odds to ahve that card advantage.
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    All decks depend on card draw. That's the way of CCGs. Card draw is god.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the help. The only experience I have in TCGs is Pokemon when I was in elementary school lol. Maybe there could be a way to re-draw your first hand but with 1 card less if it sucks?