Close

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My point was that if the digital and physical are run in parallel, it disables the game from quickly adapting, as physical manifestations are permanent. The ability to constantly improve and adapt is a strength of a digital card game, IMO. I'm not commenting on whether it's fiscally rational--just that the product is less dynamic atthat point.
    "The only real currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." -- Almost Famous

"Look at your fine self. You look like you should be married to one of the San Diego Padres." -- Tracy Morgan

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SixDaysShort View Post
    My point was that if the digital and physical are run in parallel, it disables the game from quickly adapting, as physical manifestations are permanent. The ability to constantly improve and adapt is a strength of a digital card game, IMO. I'm not commenting on whether it's fiscally rational--just that the product is less dynamic atthat point.
    Kyle has said before, once the base set is done, the cards won't be changed again. By that time, they'll have gone through a hell of a lot of play and all kinds of scrutiny, and should be plenty balanced and in no need of further changing.
    My music.
    Cthulhu fhtagn...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Which begs the question: did you want a card game in the first place? If the "cards" do not function as cards than SE is only a card game by name, but not in functionality. It would then be a turn based strategy game. "Dynamicness" is not a strength of card games because it is fundamentally against what cards are.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Im fine with the product as is. But, I hadn't read the post that said he planned to keep cards the same after the release of the first base set (I was only going on what I saw, which was cards being balanced after release) and I didn't know he had plans to transition to a physical game. Am i disappointed? Yes. I thought the idea of a purely mobile card game was novel and exciting for a number of reasons. But that's just my preference. This isn't an attempt to say what he's doing is wrong or cross my arms and quit. I had just formed an opinion about what this was (even if ignorantly) and am sad to see it's not exactly that.
    "The only real currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." -- Almost Famous

"Look at your fine self. You look like you should be married to one of the San Diego Padres." -- Tracy Morgan

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A card game that is digital and never plans on seeing print? You mean like Elements, Spectromancer, and Urban Rivals? It's been done, but they've all had really bad design to the point of unplayability.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, this is the first time I'd seen one.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm also disappointed, since changing cards appeals to me. Fortunately I'm pretty sure we are a long way still from a static game.

Of course it is a card game whether the cards change or not. A card game is played with cards. I play casual poker and if the dealer calls out "deuces wild" the game continues to be a card game even though the rules for 2s have suddenly changed.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The game is still essentially in Beta isn't it? Kyle needs the large test base to figure out what needs tweaking, once thats done, cards won't be changed anymore

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So many people crujir over a game that still in its starting stage...
    Seriously people the game came out only a few months ago do you really expect to have a solid TCG that is free in less that a year of it release?
    Give time where time is due, if you have complaints about sertain nerfs go to the threads for the tests servers or even the card discussion thread Kyle will read it up and do about it what needs to be done.

Now if you go there and complain about a card being too op or what ever you better have some good point to back it up or it's getting either ignored or trashed

Gl and have fun Shadow era is heading in a good direction for being a free game and even more a TCG.

THIS MESSEGE HAS BEEN APROVED BY BLACKSTONE2142 Inc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The cards change so what?
    U may not like the changes, but some does. Especially when the changes make better environment.

I u dont like, then maybe this is not a game for you. Stop playing n get other games.

I spent my gold to buy cards, when the cards are changed n not suit in my deck anymore, i just sell the cards n buy diff ones. Its much better than i buy cards like mtg, and after new sets coming in, the cards are unplayable due to limited set used in "standard format". Got lots of unused physical cards just to burn. Prefer them to be changed... And all of this can be done in digital format. At least this way can save trees, save the world by not printing useless cards u will never use