Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Aramia solo freeze burn burn ideas?

Rush deck using freeze and burn cards? Anyone ever made such a deck? Any ideas on how to make one?
    Last edited by angel white; 06-26-2014 at 09:39 AM.
    EVOLVING THROUGH COMPANIONSHIP
    Honored to be a part of ETC guild family

IGN: ETC Angel White

"Answers are the only thing worth seeking."
    -Aramia

"We are all just consumers, consuming Shadow Era products."
    -angel white

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It would probably be better suited for Elad but Aramia does have Urigon's Fang + a cheap weapon T3...
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've been using something similar to what you describe, but I don't think I'd call it a rush deck. It's more of a 'mill' deck using Engulfing Flames and Poison Gas for the heavy lifting. I'll post my current deck here (still a bit of a work in progress via tweaking, so thoughts on ways to tighten it up are welcome), but feel free to explain your idea for a solo-rush style approach:

Hero: Aramia

Allies: None

Abilities
    4x Fireball
    4x Lightning Strike
    3x Poison Gas (tried w/ 2, didn't feel reliable enough)
    3x Engulfing Flames (same as Poison Gas)
    2x Supernova
    4x Consuming Fear
    4x Shatter Ice
    4x Bad Santa
    2x Ley Line Nexus (for Spelleater Bands, mostly)
    2x Saymeht's Retribution (for Infinity Core or draw engines, mostly)

Artifacts
    2x Tome of Knowledge
    1x Thoughtful Investment
    2x Urigon's Fang

Items
    4x Voice of Winter
    2x Snow Sapphire (good against Weapon heroes)
    1x Wooden Spear

44 Cards (it's a little big)

Direct damage spells are used early on allies, and later on the hero. Engulfing Flames/Poison Gas tends to be a mid-game play that draws the game to a close if my "win" condition is set with a VoW, Urigon's Fang and a ToK out at once with a little Shadow Energy to spare.

Plays as you might expect, but I really wanted to try and use Aramia's ability to react to my starting hand plus 3-4 turns, and what my opponent brings out. If I draw a VoW early, and am going second, I can play Thoughtful Investment on turn 3 and play VoW on turn 4. If I start with an Urigon's Fang but no weapons, I can pull my Wooden Spear to deal with early mob rush and try to survive till I can drop a Supernova or get lightning bolts going. If I don't have any card draw at all I can pull my ToK around turn 4 and get things going there.

Currently in QM I'm hovering at around 270 rating. Facing decks that are obviously weak against solo-style decks you'll do quite well. Even a well developed King's Pride, or looping Shadow Knights/Bloodpack Shaman won't help much due to Shatter Ice. Enjoy yourself against Millstalker, btw...

Deck is weak against stronger weapon-based heroes, heroes with access to cleansing abilities (priests/wulven) or easy healing in general (Zal w/ Infinity Core, Lone Wolf Wulven, Zhanna).

Is this what you had in mind?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think Wulven should make a mass freeze card

5cc Mage ability-Sub Zero

All allies take 2 damage and are frozen for two turns. While frozen by Sub Zero, allies take 2 additional damage from fire damage

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dranjo View Post
    I think Wulven should make a mass freeze card

5cc Mage ability-Sub Zero

All allies take 2 damage and are frozen for two turns. While frozen by Sub Zero, allies take 2 additional damage from fire damage
    Combine this idea with Shatter Ice and you're clearing the board. Its a good idea, but mages already have a pretty good board wipe in Nova. This would give them another one, though not as reliable because its a combo.

If it was "All opposing allies are frozen until the start of your next turn" that would be different. Then you basically have a stall card that has the potential to be a board wipe if you want to spend the resources to cast Shatter Ice on the same turn.

Just my thoughts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Urigon's Fang is mediocre , imo From what i saw , when an opposing ally attacked Aramia , they were only frozen until the end of the turn they attacked .
    It's always good to go back to your previous achievement and realize how mediocre it was , because it means that you have improved a lot since that time

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Its power is in setting up and slowing down opponents allies. With a weapon, I can strike an opponent first, deal damage and take no strikeback. He'd have attacked me anyway, so the durability was going to go down. Instead I get to deal damage and freeze him. If someone attacks me on their own and gets frozen, I may be able to use Shatter Ice on my turn to destroy them and others on their side.

The secondary ability is great for Aramia, since mid-late game she gets Shadow Energy she typically can't spend. Now I can turn excess SE into 1 point freeze blasts. And don't discount the fact that the freeze effect is not linked to the damage. I can blast an Infernal Gargoyle, Armored Sandworm or the like, and still get the freeze effect (but no damage done). Shatter Ice... poof, gone like that.
    Last edited by Nanock; 06-27-2014 at 04:49 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Urgion's Fang is good making Aramia into Eladwen's little sister.
    Though I just now realized how good a Boooomerang in Aramia is almost never requiring her to need a SE sink.
    Another possible SE sink is Cloak of Phasing if you are using enough Mage cards.
    There are times I'll make up words and slip them into conversations just to see if anyone is actually protempifying to what I'm saying. - I'm not normal

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I took out 4x Consuming Fear, bringing the deck down to 40 cards (plus hero). Because the opponent still attacks before they lose their attack power it just wasn't helping me keep my Voice of Winter on the board. Seems to have tightened things up a bit.

The Boooomerang could be interesting in some other non-Wisp Aramia play. Waiting 3 turns to deal 2 damage doesn't seem all that sexy though.