Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by thecatch View Post
    no i wouldn't.

airacts rating for example has risen from 194 to 261 in 1 day.
    How does that matter?

I'm not a good player (if you are even implying that, I hope not). You don't have to be good in order to play on "high" rating levels.
    Last edited by Airact; 06-25-2014 at 06:41 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    So people who won big tournaments, and were highly rated few seasons ago(when rating actually had meaning) but now don't feel like grinding relentlessly suddenly lost all their credibility?
    1) don't insinuate.
    2) rating still has meaning.
    3) you need to grind for score, not rating (i'd say it takes 5-10 games to get over 250 if you are worth it).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    You don't have to be good in order to play on "high" rating levels.
    i disagree. it really doesn´t make sense. i hope you mean score.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I know I am gonna regret this.

What did I insinuate? I asked a simple question you did not give answer to. You are basically being highly disrespectful to people who have immense game experience, and have achieved far greater things in this game than simple high rating. Any player with with average playing experience can take some rush hero first day of rating reset and go as high as 300.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    I know I am gonna regret this.

What did I insinuate? I asked a simple question you did not give answer to. You are basically being highly disrespectful to people who have immense game experience, and have achieved far greater things in this game than simple high rating. Any player with with average playing experience can take some rush hero first day of rating reset and go as high as 300.
    ^ THIS

its not that rating doesnt matter, i mean if you played vs. a 340 rated player, you wouldnt want to make mistakes. Buy likewise you shouldnt disregard a player who is atm 250 unless you know for sure that they arent that skilled. With rating reseting every month now its easier to get to and above 300 and if u dont play every day, its easy to stay below 300 for the entire season. So although it can be used as a general indication of a players skill, its by no means the end all measurement on a player.

but that was just another troll post so ill stop now
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfCroft View Post
    ^ THIS

its not that rating doesnt matter, i mean if you played vs. a 340 rated player, you wouldnt want to make mistakes. Buy likewise you shouldnt disregard a player who is atm 250 unless you know for sure that they arent that skilled. With rating reseting every month now its easier to get to and above 300 and if u dont play every day, its easy to stay below 300 for the entire season. So although it can be used as a general indication of a players skill, its by no means the end all measurement on a player.

but that was just another troll post so ill stop now
    i feel like someone who peaks at 250 really doesnt know what they are doing too well or is using an under powered hero and is only of average skill, pretty much 280 is the spot when you can at least trust that people have a good understanding of what they are doing, especially late in the season
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pjoe0211 View Post
    i feel like someone who peaks at 250 really doesnt know what they are doing too well or is using an under powered hero and is only of average skill, pretty much 280 is the spot when you can at least trust that people have a good understanding of what they are doing, especially late in the season
    agreed.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by thecatch View Post
    the opinion of high level players on game balance means something while the opinion of low ranked players indeed has 0 value to me.
    There are plenty of highly respected and knowledgable players who have lower ratings because they have not played much during a Season. Just because they have not played recently doesn't make them bad.

Also, you made zero argument over why it should be nerfed. You have provided no grounds for any discussion or any form of evidence in why it is OP. Simply stating "I lost to this card, please nerf" is kind of signaling a bad player IMHO.

It is indeed strong, yes. But OP, not really. Maybe borderline in Victor, but Victor kind of needed it to start shining.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    There are plenty of highly respected and knowledgable players who have lower ratings because they have not played much during a Season. Just because they have not played recently doesn't make them bad.

Simply stating "I lost to this card, please nerf" is kind of signaling a bad player IMHO.
    i have never said either.

stop spreading false information. next time i report you.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hahaha reported for spreading false information, top lel.

Gambit is OP as hell but since Victor is the one being made OP I really couldn't care less, he deserves it.

I also don't see it getting any stronger in future sets so I don't see any need to nerf it.

EDIT: If we keep pestering the DT to make good cards to buff the weak heroes, and then cry OP when they do, what kind of message does that send?
    Last edited by Twio; 06-25-2014 at 08:43 PM.
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs