Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Jay View Post
    Nice work here.

Since you have time... might I suggest you do this survey again once we are a month into 2.84 on iOS being released but do two sets of data.

One set for people rated 250 below

One set for people rated 250 above

That would be a lot more useful

Not saying this isn't though! This is still very useful so thank you!
    Good idea, I'm up for, I really am enjoying this game I'll keep my eyes open for Apple finally giving their approval on the app.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    I am surprised that GB would be at the top, but I have seen a lot more of him lately.

What surprises me is that Moon is so low.

What rating range was this for or is this just any game?
    I took in all ranges, basically as games popped up I took a quick look to see what both players were using, so if there's lot more of beginners playing or lot more of experienced playing it would tend to be slanted towards that.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the OP (correct me if I'm wrong) didnt actually play against all these games and just watched games to check what they were playing. If that's the case, these findings are from a wide range of ratings, with more bad players than good ones. Sometimes I look through the list of games to see if anyone good is playing, and I can't find a game with anyone higher than 270 rating playing.

This lead me to believe that these results are primarily taken from games between players of 150-250 rating. At this low level, the results don't surprise me. Gravebone would be a popular choice because I've found that using Shadow fatties appeals to new players, and GB has some new toys (notably Dakrath). These people haven't yet realised that Gravebone isn't very good. Eladwen is obviously a popular choice because she was the one of the best and easiest to play heroes in DP, and low rated players don't have enough SF cards (if any) with which to test new SF decks. Zaladar was always a strong pick in DP who has only gotten stronger in SF.

This would also explain why top-tier heroes like Moonstalker and Garth are right at the bottom of the list; low level players either don't know how to play them well or don't have the SF cards to use them effectively.
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Twio View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the OP (correct me if I'm wrong) didnt actually play against all these games and just watched games to check what they were playing. If that's the case, these findings are from a wide range of ratings, with more bad players than good ones. Sometimes I look through the list of games to see if anyone good is playing, and I can't find a game with anyone higher than 270 rating playing.

This lead me to believe that these results are primarily taken from games between players of 150-250 rating. At this low level, the results don't surprise me. Gravebone would be a popular choice because I've found that using Shadow fatties appeals to new players, and GB has some new toys (notably Dakrath). These people haven't yet realised that Gravebone isn't very good. Eladwen is obviously a popular choice because she was the one of the best and easiest to play heroes in DP, and low rated players don't have enough SF cards (if any) with which to test new SF decks. Zaladar was always a strong pick in DP who has only gotten stronger in SF.

This would also explain why top-tier heroes like Moonstalker and Garth are right at the bottom of the list; low level players either don't know how to play them well or don't have the SF cards to use them effectively.
    That's exactly what I did Twio, I would say most of the games I checked were in that rating area, I made to sure to include as many higher lvl games as I could but I'd say the majority were in the 175-250 rating. It seemed to me that was the range most of the people playing fell into. As I said though, this is just a one-moment snapshot of QM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaydemon View Post
    Good idea, I'm up for, I really am enjoying this game I'll keep my eyes open for Apple finally giving their approval on the app.
    That's the spirit!

Ok so we've decided on two sets of data right?

Set A for people rated 250 below

Set B for people rated 250 above

By inference...

• set A should have more variance than set B in terms of hero usage
    • set A should have a larger sample size than set B as this is reflective of the actual population
    • try to take samples at different times of the day to reduce seleciton bias
    • a sample size of around 500-1000 should be large enough to give a good confidence interval and margin of error

if you need more help or advice... let me know!

Cheers!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Since I tend to intentionally stay around 200 (for ease of getting into matches for recording) - I have to say these numbers don't surprise me in the least... I've ran across some really odd decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Doesn't anyone have access to server logs so as to just count the games directly from the logs? So much more could be done, like averaging for ranking, time of day, month, platform and so on...
    IGN: LDL kuhuru GMT -3h

Representante do Brasil no Street Fighter World Warrior Tournament

Member of: {LDL} "LEGION DE DRAGONES LATINOS"
    "Con la fuerza de un dragon, venceremos"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    15 Threbin players? I hope I'm one of the 15
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Have not seen Gwen or Amber in ages. Seeing a lot more of Zhanna, Zal, MS and Tala this season.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've been keeping tabs on my games for a couple of patches now, and this is what I got:

(I don't register games in which my opponent played a crappy (or very experimental deck that failed), so most registered games are against people over 250.)

Out of 122 games in the past weeks, I've played (QM and pop ups) :

14 - Zaladar
    9 - Garth, Bloodfang, Baduruu
    6 - Boris, Zhanna, Threbin, Banebow
    5 - Tala, Gravebone
    4 - Gwen, Jericho, Vess, Skervox, Majiya, Elem, MS
    3 - Amber, Victor, Aramia, Lance
    2 - Ythan, Logan
    1 - Eladwen, Loest, Serena
    0 - Nish, Ter, Rothem, Raikka, Praxis, DC
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis