Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Multiplayer features

We are working on the multiplayer features now, so let's discuss what type of features you would like to see for hosting games, matchmaking, player ranking, etc. What are some of the must-have features of your favorite online multiplayer games, and what are some ideas for new features you wish for?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    observer function where you can watch other ppls games. this is a key part of the TCG world imo, its how you learn.

auto matchmaking and manual joining.

hey wait hmm ever thought about shadow era being played 3player free for all? or 2v2 or 4p free for all? (realize this is likely a tall order though)

well i know it wont be in yet but shadow era will have the monetary system that will be a large part of the game i am sure, I know games be it pvp or pve will award gold, but how about allowing ppl to put their money where their mouth is? let ppl bet on the game to be awarded to the winner on top of the normal gold gain. or even bet cards!

hmm on that note let observers bet on the outcome of the game to!!

hmm ofc shadow era needs large scale tournaments with kick @$$ prizes but how about automated small tournaments throughout the day? with smaller prizes like bonus gold, 3card boosters ect.

thats all i got off the top of my head

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Tournaments Are needed. Maybe like a few times a day you can tap "join tournament" and you will be set in a random tournament with either 8 or 16 player? There should be big prizes too.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Funny I also thought about what if it would have 2v2 or free for all features,it would need whole different strategies which would double variety of deck builds to 1v1 2v2 etc.
    Although this way some of the card abilities' labels should be change to opponent(s) such as Bad Santa which in 2v2 would help your teammate too.
    Yep,random small knockout tournaments with smaller prizes would be cool.

Speaking of gamegold,I just realized there is either something really wrong with the merchant sell/buy system(change 3 commons for 1 uncommon etc) or im just misunderstanding it. What I mean is, if you can continually change cards for the same price back and forth then basicly you can change your whole deck without loosing any gold which would mean that everyone will have all the available card builds if they have enough gold.
    Edit: This question is answered with the new patch
    I might be totally misunderstanding it but buying cards should definitely be more expensive(maybe 20% higher cost) than selling.
    I would really like to see an Auction House with bidding and buyout prices to set.
    This would globally show and change prices of cards according to demand daily.
    Also a kind of mailing system wouldn't be bad either (it could be joint with the auction house,like in the game Battleforge) so if your friend isn't online,or if you have a brother with another account using same computer/iphone,then you can simply mail the cards or gold to him. I know this might be off this topic,but it matters a lot for multiplayer.

And if there will be 2v2 multiplayer,cooperative campaigns would be nice too. My favourite multiplayer features that could be joint to Shadow Era would be all that Battleforge got. It has an excellent community and jolly co-op campaign with a great trading system.
    Last edited by Benjee007; 09-14-2010 at 10:33 AM.
    I can resist everything except temptation.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First of all the most important thing about multiplayer is stability. Disconnecting is very annoying and a reconnect option on the game is a must. Now for the others its just as kiro said more or less. Though i kinda don't like betting.
    If i think anything else i will add

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would like to see a way to play that works like Word with Friends on the iPhone/iPad. I have a new baby and I like the idea of being able to take my turn, put down my device, take care of baby, and then if it is my turn I can resume again. The problem with this though is for people who want to play the game faster and in one sitting. Perhaps different modes?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There's lots of great ideas here. I think a ranking system would be cool. Not only for bragging rights but also for matching up opponents who are at a similar skill level. Not much ruins multiplayer fun faster than getting trashed by someone who plays the game 10 hours a day.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not necessarily a multiplayer feature, but I would like to see achievements. Hopefully you can eventually use Game Center on the iOS version to get achievement and matchmaking.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I think Gamecenter Type multiplayer would be great. I like the lobby that you enter and you can choose to invite your own friends or just pair with a random person. Also, 2v2 duels would be really cool to see.
    Take a look at my Shadow Era blog where I'll regularly post information, strategies, announcements, and even an interview or two!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    gamecenter for achievements in the iOS ver would be cool. but gamecenter can't really be used for match making, this is a cross platform game not a pure iOS game.

and having it separate, gamecenter for iOS, in house for all other platforms would defeat the whole "cross" part of cross platform. not to mention a big waste of time implementing, maintaining, and updating two different vers of the game