Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Evolving Abomination art

What's your opinion on the art for Evolving Abomination?

It's safe to say that this is the most controversial artwork in SE.
    I don't like it. It's gross and disturbing. However, I wouldn't root for it to be removed. It certainly attracts your attention, which any good piece of art should do.

Also, is that neck chain supposed to constrain it? Its head is small enough for it to easily escape. It doesn't look like the rest of its body is chained up.
    Last edited by Ness; 06-18-2014 at 09:43 AM.
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i LOVE it! this is definitely my new most favorite art in SE

..i agree its controversial though ))) as for your question then, i wouldn't see need to 'constrain' this kind of /something/, i would doubt it can move )) also, seems like whatever it is around its neck is wrapped around his body (chest) too, and also probably in its guts since it seems to go through the scar on its belly)
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You know, it's like a train wreck. I just can't look away. Somehow it's disturbing and humorous at the same time. I can't say I like it; but it's interesting, that's for sure.
    PK Love

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't like it ... just the style is completely different from the "old fantasy style" of the best cards we have (Aeon, Tidal Wave, Boris, etc. etc. etc.)

Also I don't like some of the new art being used as well as it is again "out of style" of SE ... mostly of girl arts have not a dark of fantasy style as I would like honestly (starting from Jasmine and coming to the new ones...).

My 2 cents
    mm75

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The back story of that image based on artist:

"A cute little cherub from heaven accidentally captured by demons and imprisoned her. (yes she's an angel) In order to survive hell she eats whatever protein she found nearby. And as time goes by she liked the taste and began eating a lot etc etc.. haha just a quick idea for her back story.."

So based on artist, that's a female and this now is the first actual nude art we have in Shadow Era.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post

"A cute little cherub from heaven accidentally captured by demons and imprisoned her. (yes she's an angel) In order to survive hell she eats whatever protein she found nearby. And as time goes by she liked the taste and began eating a lot etc etc.. haha just a quick idea for her back story.."

So based on artist, that's a female and this now is the first actual nude art we have in Shadow Era.
    Wow, I could have sworn those were saggy man boobs.
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post

...and I tought those were man boobs... :X

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    2I love it, one of the best pieces from the SF set. I'll agree the picture doesn't make much sense though.

EDIT : The artist's backstory just makes me more confused. How could the cherub catch anything to eat if it was imprisoned, were the demons sleeping the day they taught Imprisonment 101? What kind of poor demonic protein source lets a chained cherub gobble it up? Are said demonic protein sources that stupid that they haven't vacated the area entirely? Why haven't the demons ate the cherub yet?

Do the chains magically grow to accomodate the cherub's growth, and if so isn't that an oddly complicated procedure for a specific problem that is unlikely to present itself? Or do the demons come in periodically to fix the chains, and if so why haven't they been gobbled up by the cherub?

How is this thing contributing to the war effort at all if it's permanently holed up in some dingy cellar? Chew on the occasional Fire Snake? If it's allied to the humans, why haven't they broken his chains yet? Are the humans that desperate they're willing to cooperate with a creepy giant cherub that might view them as a potential food source?

EDIT2 : Alternately the cherub's captors take sadistic pleasure in perverting it's innocent nature and keep it around as an interesting sideshow / cocktail party conversation topic. The demons magic the chains to grow in anticipation of the cherub's growth and keep it hooked on nasty addictive stuff (most probably other cherubs to heighten the madness) to establish the cherub's reliance on its captors, thus ensuring its complacency.

EDIT3 : Eventually humans stumble upon the abomination and slay the demons. Desperate to compensate for the mounting casualties, the humans employ a mage (guy in the wheel) to control the abomination and use it against the demons. The chains are ornamentary (they have crappy fashion trends in Balor as well) and also serve as magical super-amplifiers so the mage can work his magic over such an enormous beast.

Wow, I must be really bored.
    Last edited by whirlowisp; 06-18-2014 at 11:44 AM.
    Excelsior!
    . -..- -.-. . .-.. -.. .. --- .-.!

Eviscerating Tangerine ?
    A. Caramel Cakes
    B. Cockatrice Chipolatas
    C. Cannibalistic Chimichangas
    D. Crawl-y Cookies

True
    Et tu .. Carniboar?
    Failed shot at looking clever. ^
    Companions!
    - .-. ..- . / -.-. --- -- .--. .- -. .. --- -. ...!

Insert quote by historical war figure to show my dedication to the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by whirlowisp View Post
    I love it, one of the best pieces from the SF set. I'll agree the picture doesn't make much sense though.
    This.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's gross and it's getting fatter and fatter as it eats , it deserves the name " Evolving Abomination " , imo
    It's always good to go back to your previous achievement and realize how mediocre it was , because it means that you have improved a lot since that time