Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Bloodfang Art Idea

It's rough as guts, but this is a quick sketch I knocked up to give you an idea of what I'd like to see as Bloodfangs art. You'll have to imagine all the blood dripping from his teeth and claws for the moment.

What do you guys think?
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A busy bird you are. I like it. It shows power, something current art lack (Bloodfang currently looks like a hug toy). Too bad set is locked, but Unstoppable, which nobody ever uses is another good option:

It has Wulven in the backround, a good indicator of Bloodfangs ability.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Needs at least12-pack abs
    Wulven don't have the same anatomy as humans
    But it looks decent. The colour scheme could be something to play with to differentiate Wulven cards. Who says they must be navy blue? Why not a light brown blood stained Wulven?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The thing about Bloodfang is that it's a wulven leader (considering its ability). The current art does have a hint towards that (the hidden creature in the lower left corner) but it's Bloodfang itself that leaves a lot to desire. Your sketch is nice but it's hard to comment on in its current phase, unfortunately. Did you think about adding something relevant to its ability, or just a generic wulven?
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I did knock it up in about 45 minutes while under the influence of a significant amount of Guinness

But it's just a pose at the moment. I would probably put the silhouettes of other Wulven behind, maybe add some things to designate leadership like either war paint, scarring or even a necklace of skulls or some such. Even having war banners or the like could imply a leadership role. There's lots of places it could go.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yo Birdie!
    ..first of all, thx for not givin up on Bloodfang, he (it?) definitely deserves better that what is now. howeverm here's my $0.02 Ser:

i know the idea is this needs to be some kind of wolf, but why make it just a big "ugly" beast, or Lycan if u will (and by no means this is meant as an offense)? it will end up very much like alt art for DC/MS, as anything Lycan-ish will

..i would suggest to take it one step further and make him some kind of Wolf Shaman, maybe something like an old grey hound, almost human like, rather thin (considering the age), carrying some sort of shaman-staff maybe

dunno if this fits the lore since i am not much of a lore-guy, however thats how i'd picture bloodfang
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The pose you have shown is very fitting for Bloodfang, as it makes him appear more like the head honcho who is roaring to rally up his troops before the charge rather than just a beefy underling. The addition of the silhouettes of other Wulven behind him, along with either one or two of the additional features you mentioned would definitely complete the image of a leader.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Ak View Post
    yo Birdie!
    ..first of all, thx for not givin up on Bloodfang, he (it?) definitely deserves better that what is now. howeverm here's my $0.02 Ser:

i know the idea is this needs to be some kind of wolf, but why make it just a big "ugly" beast, or Lycan if u will (and by no means this is meant as an offense)? it will end up very much like alt art for DC/MS, as anything Lycan-ish will

..i would suggest to take it one step further and make him some kind of Wolf Shaman, maybe something like an old grey hound, almost human like, rather thin (considering the age), carrying some sort of shaman-staff maybe

dunno if this fits the lore since i am not much of a lore-guy, however thats how i'd picture bloodfang
    Interesting idea, however what you describe I'd picture for Bloodpack Shaman. For me I envision that the Wulven "earn" their names through action. Darkclaw is fast (strikes from the darkness), Moonstalker is stealthy and cunning (stalks prey) so I envision Bloodfang to be a butcher, a lead from the front kind of guy, a barbarian.

Your idea is very cool, and yes there would need to be something to differentiate it from the other two Wulven. Weapons and rudimentary armor are also possibilities. Based on Pack Alpha, it is known that Wulven do have smithing skills and do wear armor.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ehy guys....don't miss the fact this terrible Bloodfang is wearing a great pair of Levi's Jeans.....very "fantasy style".......look it carefully......we cant tollerate this rough selection....terrible...lool

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ..well, can't say i was expecting a much different response, but i do see where u r coming from and can't also say i disagree. if Bloodfang is indeed to be The Leader of them three, than make him huge, GIGANTIC, even MONSTROUS - in other words, something that is gonna scare all seven shades of sh1t out of ya just by lookin at it (*not to be mistaken with 'disgusting')))

..anyhoo, thanks for consideration, and i will keep muy fingers crossed for the 'sahaman' idea to be seen on (at least) bloodpack shaman (...it would indeed fit the actual ally well - being a tiny 'laughable' thing, yet capable of some rather strong magic)
    Last edited by 4Ak; 06-17-2014 at 12:50 PM.
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts