Close

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Mulligans

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Padawan Pete View Post
    Kyle has to be able to float the business or the game stops being developed.
    i daresay the fact that they needed a kickstarter to promise development on features that are so basic and fundamental, they should have already been on the development table regardless is a sign that Wulven's financially on their way out.

ON TOPIC...mulligans are just fine. WOTP is booty already, and the core principle is a good way to smooth over gimp hands that leave a sour taste. they do require a cost, however, and it's a smart idea to expand minimum deck size to avoid over-predictable decks.

while many might think 50-cards min might not be fun at base value, remember that it fundamentally nerfs rush, self-mill, and mill archetypes heavier than most others, and they're apparently pissing the fuck out of people right now as-is.
    Last edited by Ekoz; 08-06-2014 at 12:00 AM.
    85-Card mini-set: Gate of the Steelbound.

So you want to take a poll? ∙ Affectionate TVTransvestite TwinRacist CowBag of Dicks

The pen is mightier than the sword, but actions speak louder than words.
    Knowledge is Power, Power Corrupts.
    Sometimes a little chaos is in order.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Simple solution to the infamous shuffle bug: each player can mulligan for free each second copy beyond the first one. If you happen to start second and have 2 jasmine 3 Tomes of knowledge and 2 novas in your first hand then:
    [a] Unique cards: Nova, Jas, ToK = 3
    [b] Second copies: 7-3 (from [a]) = 4
    [c] Total free card exchanges: 4-1 = 3

You can mulligan up to 2 tomes and 1 nova , or 2 novas and 1 tok, or 2 jasmines and 1 nova, or 3 tok, or 1 nova and 1 Tok 1 jas, etc...
    If you can't get a decent hand with 5 different cards in your hand when going first or with 6 different cards when you're going second, then it's because your deck is not well built.
    Just my suggestion on this matter.
    Last edited by alfa666; 08-06-2014 at 06:48 AM.
    IGN: AA1 Alfa666
    Guildless amateur, for the moment being.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've read the thread - awesome idea...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I like the idea but i think it should be free and i think both players should have to use their mulligan before either take a turn and sac. Id really hate to p2 mulligan after p1 has already played a turn. losing a card will make p1 too weak. I honestly dont think it will matter much weather p2 draws before mulliganing
    TURN ⬇ FOR WHAT?

plo
    I propose a mulligan where you can choose to reshuffle some cards in your hand, that is, you are not forced to shuffle your entire hand if you want to mulligan. It works as follows:

1) If you want to mulligan, you have to select at least 2 cards in your hand, only the cards selected are shuffled and you draw the number of cards you chose minus 1.
    2) You repeat the process until either you want to stop, or have only 1 card in your hand.

Why I propose it:
    - Because shuffling your entire hand back to draw 1 card less is too weak that it would practically never be used.
    - Because this mulligan offers more possibilities, which makes the game more strategic.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by plo View Post
    I propose a mulligan where you can choose to reshuffle some cards in your hand, that is, you are not forced to shuffle your entire hand if you want to mulligan. It works as follows:

1) If you want to mulligan, you have to select at least 2 cards in your hand, only the cards selected are shuffled and you draw the number of cards you chose minus 1.
    2) You repeat the process until either you want to stop, or have only 1 card in your hand.

Why I propose it:
    - Because shuffling your entire hand back to draw 1 card less is too weak that it would practically never be used.
    - Because this mulligan offers more possibilities, which makes the game more strategic.
    I'd just shuffle X cards back into the deck and draw X new cards. Only once.
    Losing one card is too penalizing in this game. Starting with 5 cards vs 7 cards of the opponent going second is a sure loss unless you have Bad Santa.
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mulliganing individual cards a la Hearthstone would benefit SE players to implement their game plans no matter what archetype they play. Knowing you had at least a chance to set up your curve, combo, control, etc.. seems a little less janky with mulligans. Even though the mulligan itself is still susceptible to RNG.

If the mulligan with no penalty is too powerful for the player going first, then add an additional Shadow Energy/ Resource to the second players starting pool. That should even things out.
    I'm old, experienced, and usually right. So eyes open, mouth shut, and you might learn a thing or two.

plo
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahiri View Post
    I'd just shuffle X cards back into the deck and draw X new cards. Only once.
    Losing one card is too penalizing in this game. Starting with 5 cards vs 7 cards of the opponent going second is a sure loss unless you have Bad Santa.
    This is so powerful that it would be used nearly almost 95% of the games. Almost every game I play there is a card I would like to change. This would seriously change the entire meta, and also create a lit of balancing issues.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by plo View Post
    This is so powerful that it would be used nearly almost 95% of the games. Almost every game I play there is a card I would like to change. This would seriously change the entire meta, and also create a lit of balancing issues.
    Could leave room for more 2 ofs which could be interesting
    ETC

ENJOY THINK CREATE

I'm an ETC newbie so please underestimate me (I like advantages )

“I'm awesome.”-Me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well when all is said and done it's a card game right?

I believe you should play the cards you're dealt. Can you imagine a mulligan in poker? Or in Vegas?