Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoop245 View Post
    The problem with using Tala against Moonstalker is that you cannot do jack about its stealth , sure you can delay it for awhile but that's it . The strongest thing about Tala is her early game , so decks that have early board control abilities to negate that advantage ( NYM,CP, Snare/Death trap etc ... ) and massive tempo swing during mid/late game ( Moonstalker 4-5 consecutive stealth or Victor's horde of Bobcat ) have a big advantage over Tala
    Yes, this is the biggest advantage for Tala when it comes to both of those matchups. That said, any deck without those options or clear like Tidal Wave, Energy Discharge, or Supernova (less so because of health buffs and damage reduction) will lose. Like I said earlier though, I'm not sure how this can be considered "anti-meta" when it has bad matchups against common heroes. I'm probably missing something since I have only played against Tala.
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lol Veles, there is no need to get snippy! I'm just pointing out what I see. You AND Preybird have posted Tala decks recently and have said they are good anti meta decks and I for the life of me cant seem to grasp how it is so. At least not with the decks im using atm. Retreat, MC, Perfect Shot, DWW, DFA, NYM, countless hero abilities and archtypes beat Tala. Like I said on your deck post, I think what makes it good, if it is indeed good, is YOU and how you play it. No offense or ill intent so dont take it that way.
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfCroft View Post
    Lol Veles, there is no need to get snippy! I'm just pointing out what I see. You AND Preybird have posted Tala decks recently and have said they are good anti meta decks and I for the life of me cant seem to grasp how it is so. At least not with the decks im using atm. Retreat, MC, Perfect Shot, DWW, DFA, NYM, countless hero abilities and archtypes beat Tala. Like I said on your deck post, I think what makes it good, if it is indeed good, is YOU and how you play it. No offense or ill intent so dont take it that way.
    have you played with Tala in the way they have yet? Or played one in the way they are? You cannot judge a book by its cover.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    have you played with Tala in the way they have yet? Or played one in the way they are? You cannot judge a book by its cover.
    No we have not played it the way they have. We have played against similar decks and are basing statements off that experience.

We are just asking for Preybird and Veles to provide examples. From my experience at least the matchup is not in Tala's favor even with the stuff Veles listed. I can list a recent game against Blueblurr that shows that MS can beat Tala. I can also show and point out why I lost to Tala, will look for that game to share. Both examples I have show some indication of weaknesses in the matchup. Pjoe is approaching things from playing Victor.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have no real desire to waste time with a hero I think is crap from the experiences I have of trouncing her. Like Pjoe said....i dont want to be on the r3cieving end of that. But if they really think she is a good meta call atm, why not take her to a popup? And show me wrong. Or use her in the GoT tournament?
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't remember anyone claiming she is tier 1 hero. I won and I lost games vs Zaladar and Moonstalker, and I won and lost games as Zaladar and Moonstalker vs Tala. You refusing to play anything beyond what you consider the best deck is you confinement. You are missing a lot of fun. And from same reason I do not have Tala match up in my current game history, but I consider myself experienced enough in this game to know what deck is good and what it can take on. But as far as Tala being able to wreck Zaladar apart here is an example with some strategy tips:

Not exact deck but similar enough.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow, so much hate, I don't understand why.

If you guys don't like the deck, don't play it, but I don't see why you have to come out and call me a liar. The deck is effective against the heroes I have mentioned for the reasons I have stated. I have matchups in my history with Tala beating both Moon and Zal, convincingly. I may not be at 300+ at the moment but it's more due to lack of play time than any sort of win/loss ratio.

Victor is a problem for this deck no doubt, I will not dispute Pjoe's claim. This deck isn't designed to tackle him though.

Also, there is no great conspiracy from ETC to get everyone playing Tala. We are simply experimenting with different heroes and posting decks which we find work. Plus I actually really enjoy playing her, she's different to the other warriors and something fresh.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    Wow, so much hate, I don't understand why.

If you guys don't like the deck, don't play it, but I don't see why you have to come out and call me a liar. The deck is effective against the heroes I have mentioned for the reasons I have stated. I have matchups in my history with Tala beating both Moon and Zal, convincingly. I may not be at 300+ at the moment but it's more due to lack of play time than any sort of win/loss ratio.
    No hate from me, nor was I calling anyone a liar. I was just wondering where the "anti-meta" claims were coming from. Kaos already answered that though. I'm also not sold on the MS matchup but no big deal.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No hate whatsoever ETC, and the bit about setting up for Nicodemus to clean up was a joke! Lighten up dudes.

U speak from your experience and I speak from mine.

@Veles. I play several heroes and I likee to win so sue me. If experimenting with underwhelming heroes is your thing, by all means go for it!

Im sure Tala has her shining moments. Maybe when I spanked her on a daily basis with Zal in April, everyone I played just didnt know what they were doing. I dunno...maybe after sf settles down a bit people will realize hiw bad retreat screws Tala up and maybe you in turn start running Assumed Command..
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well both of you were very quick to dismiss the deck without (by your own admission) having any experience using Tala. That's my beef.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!