Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Tala – Horde Tactics

I'm finding Tala is a very nice anti-meta counter at the moment, all those protectors play havoc with Zaladar and the cheap control will really trouble Aramia and Moonstalker. This is the deck I'm currently using with quite a bit of success.

Tala

1 x Puwen Bloodhelm
    4 x Yari Bladedancer
    3 x Jasmine Rosecult
    3 x Aldon the Brave
    3 x Layarian Seductress
    3 x Fleet Foot Messenger
    3 x Fortified Wisp
    3 x Yari Marksman

4 x Blood Frenzy
    2 x Bad Santa

2 x Smashing Blow
    1 x Enrage
    4 x Crippling Blow

2 x The King’s Pride
    2 x Dragon’s Tooth

41 cards inc. hero

Allies

The first thing you’ll notice is the huge amount of cheap allies. In fact the resource curve for the deck is very low, the only cards >4cc being Dragon’s Tooth and King’s Pride. The reasoning for this is exactly the same as you would apply for Elementalis, get board early and don’t let go. Tala has a few huge advantages over Elementalis however, she makes her own protectors, she has cheap control, and she has massive draw. As a result of my chosen strategy I have 5 2cc allies and 12 3cc allies. Yari Bladedancer is gold in a situation like this, providing much needed attack buffs to your weaker allies and allowing them to take on the heavier hitters.

Control

The deck has it in spades. Even with the lack of Retreat (which is more limited now due to the amount of haste and on-summon effects) you can generally keep threats under wraps. Yari Marksman is a vital part of your strategy here, and can really make his mark behind a protector, allowing him to survive to use that 4 attack of his.

Protectors

You have two main targets for this, Fleet Foot Messenger and Fortified Wisp. FFM is very good with Bladedancer going second, allowing you to get a 6 health protector and swing for 4 damage on turn 3. Going first the Wisp is generally your first target, and if it sticks (which it usually does) it’s a massive boost to your early game, and with Bladedancer it can get massive very quickly. A constant stream of protectors also allows you to get set up for King’s Pride, meaning that when the end game comes it’s usually rather explosive.

Conclusion

This deck while looking like an aggro deck is really an aggro/control hybrid, it tends to build up until it’s ready to go for the kill. It’s very good at forcing plays and keeping your opponent on the back foot, but you need to be careful of board wipes with all the smaller allies.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks solid, as always, mate - I'll definitely take it out for a spin in QM later. Question though, why did you go with Bilateral draw with 2 x Bad Santa? Wouldn't a card like Treasured Heirloom make more sense especially since you'll have Protectors on the board?
    "When torrential water tosses boulders, it is because of its momentum.
    When the strike of a hawk breaks the body of its prey, it is because of timing."

- Sun Tzu

Proud Member of ETC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Retreat is needed now more than ever imo. And why Puwen over Champ?
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfCroft View Post
    Yeah WoC, I just added some retreats to my decks after looking at this deck

Nice job PreyBird as always, will have to give this one a try, since I am fond to women in heavy metal armor
    A1 LudWig72

Master of WigFu and a Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten

Visit our recruitment thread: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....uitment-thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In response, I use MC and every time in draw a card for 3cc I either hit you for 3hp or put a 3/2 body on board for free while hasting a potential 3 damage ally at you. I put up a 4/4 armor that I eventually hast for 4 attack, once again hitting you for 3 or adding an ally. Then when you've almost got me dead, boom I spend 3cc to heal myself by 26.

What now?

I do like the deck. Looks like it's been well thought out for answers too. TKP will help eventually with all the haste.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfCroft View Post
    Punch. I want Puwen's two native attack, he deals with Karash with either a Tala buff or Aldon, plus it can keep more 2cc's in line.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Looks solid, as always, mate - I'll definitely take it out for a spin in QM later. Question though, why did you go with Bilateral draw with 2 x Bad Santa? Wouldn't a card like Treasured Heirloom make more sense especially since you'll have Protectors on the board?
    Because Santa is there solely to help me fish for Frenzy, and there is no better draw card for that purpose. Heirloom is good but is too slow and conditional, and ironically I find it less useful with protectors (unless it goes on the protector, but with Wisp's and 6 health FFM it may take a while before it is activated).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuelJ View Post
    What now?
    Well if you are specifically teching against Hasted Allies like Rampant Krygon and Elementalist cards like Soul Reaper then you could work Braxnorian Soldier into the Deck and replace the Layarian Seductress with Spirit Warden and replace Dragon's Tooth with Lythian Sledgehammer to exile allies and reduce the effect of Soul Reaper when it's played.

But I think you'd want to be taking a constant beating from Zaliscard decks to warrant those changes.
    "When torrential water tosses boulders, it is because of its momentum.
    When the strike of a hawk breaks the body of its prey, it is because of timing."

- Sun Tzu

Proud Member of ETC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuelJ View Post
    In response, I use MC and every time in draw a card for 3cc I either hit you for 3hp or put a 3/2 body on board for free while hasting a potential 3 damage ally at you. I put up a 4/4 armor that I eventually hast for 4 attack, once again hitting you for 3 or adding an ally. Then when you've almost got me dead, boom I spend 3cc to heal myself by 26.

What now?
    Well unless you have a deck full of Brimstone Devourers and Reactorarys (you hacker you) that sort of situation doesn't happen all the time (or that often at all). And sure you can MC my Wisp, I have another, or an FFM. My ability charges faster than yours, my draw is superior. And if I can keep your board under control (which isn't too hard) you'll have very little to combo your ability with. Smashing Blow for Living Armor, or simply beat it into extinction. I grind you down in an attrition war, before burying you under a tide of KP boosted allies (there are 23 allies in this deck).

Fair enough answer?

EDIT: Ninja'd by Syphon (sort of). Honestly if haste is troubling you a couple of Brax is a good idea, but honestly protectors (especially early ones) have always bugged Zal, and Tala can provide an unlimited supply.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I havent even played a game with tala, just seeing what my victor does to her, i never want to be on the receiving end of that
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament