Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Best Content on this Forum?

Hi All!

Imagine you're a new player, new to the forums or just returning from an absence. How do you know what to read? Do you just surf by the "New Posts" button or "Today's Posts" link (it's what I do 99% of the time) or do you seek out some good older stuff somehow?

I'm hoping this thread will help us to highlight the best stuff and then I can make up a list or page that links to it all.

HOW TO REPLY

1. Describe what the link is
    2. Post the link to the content
    3. Say why you think it's some of the best content on this forum.
    4. Give it a rating out of 10 for how relevant it still is, given Shattered Fates is now in Beta and the app is at v2.82 now. (If it was great in its time and needs updating, it's worth mentioning in case someone wants to offer to update it.)

INCENTIVE

If you like Shadow Crystals, you'll be pleased to hear I have 20 redeem codes to give away at random to people who post useful stuff on this thread, in accordance with the above. Each link to content that I think is up to the quality I was hoping for counts as one entry, so if you find lots of good stuff and post it separately then that increases your chances.

WANT TO MAKE SOME GREAT CONTENT?

Feel free to create something awesome and then link to it. Anyone who makes something new for this that I think is decent enough will get a redeem code.

Thanks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'll start.

1. Compilation of all the useful links in SE forums/game under 1 single thread.
    2. http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ayers-amp-FAQs
    3. Because firstly, it helps New Player to find their way around the forums and the game. Secondly, its a 1-stop thread for those who want to dig out useful links that are being buried under tonnes of posts/threads.
    4. Give its SF Beta and v2.82 now, its definitely not as relevant as it used to be, but I will still give it a 7.5/10. I might check it out in detail again and update whatever that needs an update to make it relevant again.

Yes, its a shameless plug I know. But I sincerely think its one of the more useful threads in this forum. Thank you for your time.
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey, I think this is one of THE most important threads, especially if you have not played any TCGs before as tournaments help you develop your skills a lot, and it could help you host your own tournament and become a respected member of the community! ;-) http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?t=25371
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well if they were in ETC Guild they would get directed to Articles and Guides section of fourums, which also contains Anrchive thread with links to most (if not all) articles on SE site written up to date).

But from all of that to a new player basic stuff would be:

Preybird Article Compilation with Hero Breakdowns with all heroes to help them decide which route to take and to learn few useful strategy and deck-building tips.

Raph"s $19.99 "Ultimate Way to Enjoy Shadow Era: Dark Prophecies"! as a guide to building cheap, but competitive decks for QM, as sort of reference to what they should build and how to invest money effectively in game.

and

Gold Farming guide for persons who prefer f2p aspect of game to get those cards in timely manner.
    Last edited by Veles; 06-10-2014 at 04:48 PM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Easily one of the best things for new users to see is any post made by me, which can be found using this link http://www.shadowera.com/search.php?searchid=2698707 or clicking my name and then "view forum posts"

Thanks for code Gondorian
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmm I made an SF cost breakdown, for everyone starting to collect the new set.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....Cost-Breakdown

Hope it counts!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I wax gonna say Zhou's post to! But he beat me to it.
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ayers-amp-FAQs
    It's hands down the most helpful for new players, most importantly it lets them go to your irc Channel and ways to use the forum. It also lists the support email right there. 8.9 out of 10

It would be a 10 but I needs updating.

I surf the forum by threads now and the shout box gives a clue to where alot of discussion is, I've never used the new post button. Not even where it is on this iPad.
    Last edited by Kip thorp; 06-11-2014 at 02:49 PM.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Love this link for Meltdown info, saved in my favorites on my browser, any new player interested in getting a good gold return, this is the place to go.
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....de-For-Newbies

And I also agree on Raphs $19.99 guide

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for replies so far.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    (not following the format, because I don't want the crystals lol)

in CotC/DP I would say Raph's $20 guide(s) (it is still a good read for new players, and will hopefully have another version in Shattered Fates... if not by Raph, by another player who is willing to pick up the flag) and Preybird's hero guides.

but long-term, probably say Zhou's FAQ (There's a reason it was one of the first threads for me to link in the revived Shadow Era Network 2.0 thread)