Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Jay View Post
    Sorry to necro this ....

But GDC any update on those redeem codes

Thank you so much !
    Thanks for the reminder. I'm on vacation right now and away from my codes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To answer your first question, I use the standard forum view navigating through sub forums on topics that interest me. I often 'dig' for the info I want instead of searching because I always stumble on something interesting on the way. If Im active or become active on a forum I begin taking advantage of subscription features to track threads and will use new post lists to track 'trending' threads I may have missed. Im a power lurker though and obsess over black folder icons.

As for most useful content from a new member or returning members perspective:
    1. When I arrived I went straight to new player sub forums and saw the compilation by preybird. Usually not a fan of comp threads (they are out of date the second you post them) This one turned out to be a big help getting me back into the swing of the game and introduce me to the new expansion.i
    2. Preybird-s-Article-Compilation
    3. It contains some of the better content and worthwhile reads
    4. 8/10, slightly dated

While this isnt a link to a single amazing post it was the most useful for me when returning. I kept coming back here to read the next article in the list and in the process saw just how much there was in the other forums and stayed here. So blame preybird.

Seemed you were asking to get an idea of how to get new members to show up so that the next 250 thread succeeds. So I think this fits. Its the first thread I read here.

Im here mostly to learn so Im mostly lurking in card discussion and card rulings (oddly more strat info in there than the strategy sub forums) but in no way could I label any single post as the best ever.
    Misanthropy is the general hatred, distrust or disdain of the human species or human race. The word's origin is from Greek words μῖσος (misos, "hatred") and ἄνθρωπος (anthrōpos, "man, human").

“I expect nothing of man, and disown the race. The only folly is expecting what is never attained; man is most contemptible when compared with his own pretensions. It is better to laugh at man from outside the universe, than to weep for him within.”
    ― H.P. Lovecraft

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip thorp View Post
    I wax gonna say Zhou's post to! But he beat me to it.
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ayers-amp-FAQs
    It's hands down the most helpful for new players, most importantly it lets them go to your irc Channel and ways to use the forum. It also lists the support email right there. 8.9 out of 10

It would be a 10 but I needs updating.

I surf the forum by threads now and the shout box gives a clue to where alot of discussion is, I've never used the new post button. Not even where it is on this iPad.
    On Tapatalk, its in a subtab
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.