Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Frould View Post
    Im a little surprised that you think Nishaven is the hardest to master. He is my primary go-to hero when I play. Both physical and digital, I win more with my Nishaven deck than any other deck. Nishaven relies more on abilities than allies, and his ability can be a big advantage over other decks that rely on allies. I have found that he is weakest against Wulven (and some mage decks). But it all depends on how you use him.

IMO, Serena would be the hardest to master! But to be honest, I have used her least of all the hero's, so maybe I just haven't discovered the right deck combination for her yet. I haven't found a good advantage to her ability either, unless you have several weapons in the deck. But since you can only have one weapon summoned at any given time, I don't get to use her ability as often as other heros.
    Last edited by Donivan2009; 06-16-2014 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Spelling and grammar corrections.
    Nashville, TN area SE Champion

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A hero being easy or hard to master has nothing to do whether or not they are a good choice in the meta. A hero might be an autopilot choice because they have the best cards available to them right now, but still be very difficult to "master".

Take Banebow, for example. He has always had a strong card pool from which to draw, and many would consider him among the strongest heroes (at least up until SF released) and yet, you almost never encounter a Banebow deck on the QM ladder. Why? Because all of the mathematics of board management required to use Banebow effectively. Between calculating his hero ability + Poison Arrow's disabling effect + its DOT effect, calculating in a DMT drop, throwing The Perfect Shot into the mix, attacking with a weapon, plus managing your own allies' attacks.

Yeah, BB requires a lot of math, on the fly. Without it, he may seem rather lackluster. But, once you DO get it all down, he is very powerful.

He has my vote for hardest hero to master, or at least, among the hardest to master.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    A hero being easy or hard to master has nothing to do whether or not they are a good choice in the meta. A hero might be an autopilot choice because they have the best cards available to them right now, but still be very difficult to "master".

Take Banebow, for example. He has always had a strong card pool from which to draw, and many would consider him among the strongest heroes (at least up until SF released) and yet, you almost never encounter a Banebow deck on the QM ladder. Why? Because all of the mathematics of board management required to use Banebow effectively. Between calculating his hero ability + Poison Arrow's disabling effect + its DOT effect, calculating in a DMT drop, throwing The Perfect Shot into the mix, attacking with a weapon, plus managing your own allies' attacks.

Yeah, BB requires a lot of math, on the fly. Without it, he may seem rather lackluster. But, once you DO get it all down, he is very powerful.

He has my vote for hardest hero to master, or at least, among the hardest to master.

I really agree with this and I'm surprised nobody mentioned Banebow. If you never even tried Banebow, play him, he is def not easy to play well