Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nija'd by the op.

Yes , a tough love/ cruel to be kind thing is possible, but not probable. Most humans act in the moment when dealing w each other. Even if we plan the rise of another or thier downfall, it almost always comes down to the moment of decision. Where you screw them , help them or just bow out.

And no, you can't know what's planned or not, even if they tell you. If they are phsycopathic then what they say could be very misleading.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Politician?

They tell you a bunch of sweet things to get into power and then shaft you.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Looking for a word ...

"Betrayal "pretty much covers all the variants and motivations, I think. Not the word I was trying to think of, but it is accurate.

Bonus question:

What happens to a person after they are betrayed?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    What happens to a person after they are betrayed?
    Been here before...

Life goes on. Can't allow it to grow into a mess of negative feelings and let that run your life... too dark at that point. If a person is willing to leave after another person comes around and picks themselves up, takes action, etc... then the situation was done from the start. Just keep going and improve yourself as a person and find similar people. Trust is a big thing here to hold on to. I'd say trust but keep a look out for actual warning signs of danger. No sense in chasing phantoms and creating an actual conflict when none existed. However, don't go out of your way to help someone that is actively harming you. There is treating someone with respect because it is the right thing to do (even though a throat punch may be justified), and then there is bending over backwards to help.
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    deception dishonesty sellout treachery treason double-crossing double-dealing duplicity falseness giveaway perfidy trickery unfaithfulness Judas-kiss

They lose trust, it's very hard to regain trust...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Such a vague thread, yet seemingly so personal. People are all different. And with every web spun differently, there is no one needle and thread. It depends on the spider/s who wove it.

If someone wants to know the motivation/cause of apathy, probably communicatiom or looking for social cues, or backtracking. If no other leads, then I think both have no actual reason to be together since apparently you don't know each other well enough. A person can change, yes, but never completey enough to be unrecognizable. I truly believe that.

I still have no idea what this thread is about, but that's the most I can explain my POV. Like all your answers are right and wrong at the same time, because all the speculations are well written and intelligent, but so many variables are still around. So nope.
    Last edited by Zigbigwig; 06-08-2014 at 09:12 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    I think thats called being a selfish d*ck.

One possible reason for such behavior from person B is that he/she is feeding its own ego and is mitigating own low self esteem by helping person A. At the time they may really think they are doing that with best intentions. In reality reasons are quite selfish because they put themselves in position of a "savior"or "protector", thus believing they are in better spot and superior to person A who is in a need for help. But at the point where person A rises above their problems person B is left without "food" for his/her own ego and confidence boost opening doors to envy because while A did ultimately resolve problems person B did not. Instead of sinking in to its own low self esteem B turns hostile as another way to hide truth from self.
    this is very good.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hopefully, they learn.
    They build confidence in themselves and take others input or support with a cautious eye. If they are strong enough they grow from this and are better able to support themselves and not get drawn in by those who wish them ill.
    but it's a long hard road, SamJ said it best, initially they will feel betrayed and self loathing, and trust will be a hard thing for them to build up again.

Zig is also right, being so vague it's very hard to tell. But we have all hadit happen to us, therefore it's Farmiliar.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would call it a misunderstanding.
    "A" mistakes kindness for closeness while "B" doesn't feel that way.

I would blame people who mark distance by being extra unkind and poor communication skills of about everybody.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip thorp View Post
    Hopefully, they learn.
    They build confidence in themselves and take others input or support with a cautious eye. If they are strong enough they grow from this and are better able to support themselves and not get drawn in by those who wish them ill.
    but it's a long hard road, SamJ said it best, initially they will feel betrayed and self loathing, and trust will be a hard thing for them to build up again.

Zig is also right, being so vague it's very hard to tell. But we have all hadit happen to us, therefore it's Farmiliar.
    regarding this, I always think that is an unfair thought process. Just because some girl treated you like shit doesn't mean you have to treat with less the next girl you meet.

I've had been with different girls, some of them taken me for granted but imo if I gave what I could but it didn't work out, then I really didn't lose anything did I? Either she was holding back, or there was no future to begin with. Regardless, there's nothing left for me to ponder on in that sense. Sure I could feel and miss and get hurt, but at the same time it's also relief knowing there was nothing else I could've done. Moving on is still as painful sure, but no "what ifs" at all. Closure, that's the proper term. I'm an overly emotional person but at the same time I always try to rationalize as much as I can.

Anyway I'm dragging this to a different way altogether. Good luck OP.
    Last edited by Zigbigwig; 06-08-2014 at 09:28 PM.