Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Pew Pew Pew~ (Solo Gwenneth)

*Disclamer* I first got the idea of some random forum, and I can't find it anymore ><

(To the original author: I edited your deck, as I will explain below, but thanks for the great idea!)

***HERO***
    Gwenneth Truesight

***Allies (4)***
    4x Kristoffer Wyld

***Abilities (15)***
    3x Rapid Fire
    4x Into the Forest
    4x Rain Delay
    4x Pack an Extra

***Items (10)***
    2x Bazaar
    4x Snare Trap
    4x Aldmor Accelerator

***Weapons (10)***
    2x Soul Seeker
    4x Feathered Longbow
    4x Weevil-tipped Crossbow

TOTAL: 39 cards + Hero

Very Simple idea really. Solo Rush. I think (not sure) it rushes faster than most rush decks, including eladwin.

Kristoffer Wyld - Actually pretty important in the deck due to the early game damage it helps deal.

Rapid Fire - Its either this or Woodland spotter. I chose Rapid Fire for one reason, for not conflicting with my T4 choices, and also Into the Forest protects it.

Into the Forest/Rain Delay - A total of 8 delay cards, enough to end most games, even against bulky warriors with 40 hp.

Pack an Extra - A source of cheap draw power, and durability increase is very welcome.

Bazaar - The most reliable draw power, not sure if I want more.

Snare Trap - As to why I did not put things like ricochet/death is that its not needed. Snare is just here as a T2 option, as well as to stop ally rushes like aetherborn.

Aldmor Acclerator - More SE? Yes pls.

Soul Seeker - Used only for the extra durability and only when you need the extra health for more SE. Or else the 3cc weapons are generally preferred.

Feathered Longbow - When you don't go first, 2 attack 3 durability is very helpful, allowing to attack for 2 turns after T3 before getting Rapid Fire, meaning you can string Gwenneth's +2 durability +2 attack attacks with the same weapon from T3. Weevil-Tipped Crossbow will die at T4, before Rapid Fire can come in.

Weevil-Tipped Crossbow - Really the best choice as a 3cc weapon, and eliminates the need to run things like artful squire. Pack an Extra can help it survive till turn 5 and start Gwenneth's loop, but not as reliable.

Other Weapons - The original author suggested Golden Katar, but there isn't that much of a point due to the point of 8 delay cards is for the Hero not to get hit, and thus not defending, which then makes Golden Katar too expensive. The same rule applies to the rest of the weapons mostly.

Strategy - Rush. Ignore all allies, and rush.

A typical game goes like this.
    T1 - Kristoffer if possible, 1 damage dealt in total. SE counter: 1
    T2 - Snare/Bazaar, 2 damage dealt in total. SE counter: 2
    T3 - Lead of with a weapon, attack with it. 4 damage dealt in total. (Don't play feathered longbow if you start first) SE counter: 3
    T4 - Aldmor/Delay Card + Pack an Extra if needed. 7 damage dealt in total. SE counter: 5
    T5 - Rapid Fire, Activate Ability, 15 damage dealt in total, at turn 5. SE counter: 4 (Assuming Kristoffer died)
    T6 - Play Delay Cards, whatever. 23 damage dealt in total, at turn 6. SE counter: 3
    T7 - GG, 31 damage dealt in total, at turn 7. SE counter: 1(2 if you played another aldmor)

Most games end with the opponent not hitting me at all. 8 delay cards is more than sufficient.

Things to resource: Kristoffers (after turn 1), Pack an Extra
    Things NOT to resource: Rapid Fire, Aldmor (1 in hand is enough though), Delay cards.

Counters: Bad Draws. And Armour of Ages.

Santa Bombing seems to be the best solution to bad draws, or Word of the Phrophet. But the +1 durability is soooo useful from Pack an Extra.

Armour of Ages is countered by Ley Line Nexus, but the deck needs to be as small as possible, and I don't really see it anywhere anyways.

What do you guys think?

Credits to the original author

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There are 2 main problems :
    1. Very lack of draw engine. I see only 2 bazaar. I dont think that enough.
    Gwen can really have a problem when she doesnt get what she need, especially against some heavy allies deck.
    (Viska dakrath wisp sandworm) or against hero with easy access to item destruction (rogue, priest, thief)
    2. No counter vs moonstalker

otherwise it is a good deck, especially when you can get bazaar out at t2 and make it stick

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, but moonstalker overall can stall out most rush decks anyways.

I will have to finish the game by around T10 or else Gwenneth will die.

As to draw, should I include Bad Santa, or should I remove 2 soul seekers for 2 more bazaars? O..o

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmm im not sure. But maybe i suggest -1 pack an extra, -1aldmor accelerator,
    -1 snaretrap to include +3 draw engine of your own choice (i think bad santa is the most fit here).
    4 of each of those pack an exrtra, aldmor accelerator, and snaretrap seems too much..
    I always have bad luck playing solo gwen lol...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't forget to use Aldmor Accelerator on the opponent to deal the last bits of damage

I disagree with snare trap and pack an extra, and I think you'll need more draw if you want to get your stall cards when you need them. I feel that 10 weapons is overkill but if it works for you then good.
    You could consider taking out maybe 2 feathered longbows and adding 2 Aimed shots? I used to do that with my solo gwenneth until I converted to katar which isn't considered a bow.
    Last edited by dranjo; 06-13-2014 at 06:00 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dranjo View Post
    Don't forget to use Aldmor Accelerator on the opponent to deal the last bits of damage

I disagree with snare trap and pack an extra, and I think you'll need more draw if you want to get your stall cards when you need them. I feel that 10 weapons is overkill but if it works for you then good.
    You could consider taking out maybe 2 feathered longbows and adding 2 Aimed shots? I used to do that with my solo gwenneth until I converted to katar which isn't considered a bow.
    Aimed Shot attaches to the bow itself, which makes it very limited due to the amount of item removal everywhere. And technically I don't need the draw, it is more to let weevil last to turn 5. And yeah aldmor accelerator helps with 1 dpt

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If Bazaar is the most reliable draw, why not run 4? LLN would also be good to immediately remove the armors that are giving you trouble (Sapphire really slows this kind of deck down). Fun deck type
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.